Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon - "F.I.L.A." album discussion thread

Rae is great at picking grimey beats. But when he selects commercial sounding beats, he chooses the corniest shit ever. Like Tical 0: The Prequel beats. It's blatently cheesy and obviously aimed at getting more mainstream recognition, but the beats aren't catchy or unique enough to stand out. Just weak generic beats.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Having listened a few Times i think Rae did his thing here. It is probably the first time in the 2000s that a Clan number has manager to update his sound according to whats hot right now and actually pulled it off. Compared to Tical 0, MR. Xcitement, LDS, etc., this one actually workworks in todays commercial music climate... And there's still some shit for his older fans.

Agreed. And now after hearing fila nights a few times..i actually like that shit..its weird but it has chill vibe..and after seeing the video teaser to 1,2 1,2 ...i see what it is now..i never teally caught it with leak..its amazing what visuals can do to your perception of a track

It bugs me that everybody is calling Raes album commercial sounding when you clearly don't listen to modern commercial rap or you'd know that this isn't it. This is MOR rap, not cool enough for the kids, not grimey enough for his older fans.

Tactical Expert DYPthaGoldynchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    alot of you guys commenting have zero insight as to what is going on...

Rae knows what Wutang is and what it means to the fans. When it comes to a wutang album..hes like of you guys like "yo shit gotta be hard. Shit gotta be triomph level..like what they know us 4." RzA aint tryna do that.

Rae as a solo artist...he can do whatever the fuck he wants. He delivered cl2, SvW, countless mixtapes of hard shit. Let em experiment. He supposed to make the same damn album every year? Man gotta pay his bills, stay on his game and live as long as he can in this business in 2015. 2015!!!! did you honestly think wu would be this hot now back then?? incredible. Enjoy the new music

Wow, there is INTELLIGENT life on Wu-Corp!
    Great insight JEM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    I like this album, it has more of a commercial appeal than that Wu Tang sound some of you jerk off to but I still like it.

Agree.
    If you don't go into it expecting funeral music, you might actually enjoy it.
    Live life with no expectations, and you will never be disappointed. You will also enjoy things for what they ARE, rather than what you thought they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Having listened a few Times i think Rae did his thing here. It is probably the first time in the 2000s that a Clan number has manager to update his sound according to whats hot right now and actually pulled it off. Compared to Tical 0, MR. Xcitement, LDS, etc., this one actually workworks in todays commercial music climate... And there's still some shit for his older fans.

Great point, claaa7 - I think he did pull off a commercial album that we can still appreciate.
    And it's like you said before about albums having seasons...Rae dropped this just as the weather is getting warm...definitely fits the warm weather vibe nicely. BANG "F.I.L.A. World" with the windows down and see if that doesn't improve your mood!!!

Rae says "Sit right there, ENJOY THE CHAPTER!"

-DYP-
    @DYPgoldynchild on Twitter

http://illegitrecordz.blogspot.com
    >>> OUT NOW: TRUE MASTER "Persian Legacy" Mixtape
    SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 3 [DYP Edition]"
    >>> RE-UP: SPANISH JOSE "ZeMental Vol. 2"
    60 SECOND ASSASSIN "The Retrospective"

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    alot of you guys commenting have zero insight as to what is going on...

Rae knows what Wutang is and what it means to the fans. When it comes to a wutang album..hes like of you guys like "yo shit gotta be hard. Shit gotta be triomph level..like what they know us 4." RzA aint tryna do that.

Rae as a solo artist...he can do whatever the fuck he wants. He delivered cl2, SvW, countless mixtapes of hard shit. Let em experiment. He supposed to make the same damn album every year? Man gotta pay his bills, stay on his game and live as long as he can in this business in 2015. 2015!!!! did you honestly think wu would be this hot now back then?? incredible. Enjoy the new music
    My thoughts exactly. I think people failed to realise this and I'm glad you wrote what you did.

As far as this album, yes it's a commercial sounding album but it isn't completely whack or bubblegum rap. It still has stuff the heads can vibe to and it has joints that fans of the current mainstream rap scene can appreciate. In fact on some of these joints Rae sounds refreshed and less sleepy than in previous tracks he's made.

This and Lex Diamond Story are his 2 weakest albums but for what this was intended to be I think Rae did a fair enough job of pulling it off.

I like it. It's nothing great, but it's not a bad new joint to listen to.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DYPthaGoldynchild View Post
    Wow, there is INTELLIGENT life on Wu-Corp!
    Great insight JEM.

-DYP-
    Well thank you sir!

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    I like this album, it has more of a commercial appeal than that Wu Tang sound some of you jerk off to but I still like it.
    agreeeeeeeeeed

its aight .. sounds bitter on worst enemy, maybe his pop friends ditched the old black walrus.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic Hispanic View Post
    its aight .. sounds bitter on worst enemy, maybe his pop friends ditched the old black walrus.
    repped
    Retired.

Peace CT

Ha cilvaringz made it to the liner notes. My man. Anyway back to the music. Feel so bad for the young generation. French Montana n 2 chainz are 2 of the main reasons I don't listen to radio. Seriously Montana sounds like he raps with marbles in his mouth. N 2 chainz I don't have words for. Snoop actually sounds fresh on his guest spot. This album is average at best. Rae is Rae. Nothing really standing out for me. Call me old n stubborn I guess. Peace

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

what liner notes

Peace CT

Cd booklet shout outs^. Peace

why??

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Cd booklet shout outs^. Peace
    you got a psychical copy already?