Thread: X-Men Age of Apocalypse

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Awful cold-open to the movie, looking like a Syfy original movie

No imagination, no creativity, cowardly attempts to shy away from the crazier elements of the lore when shit like star wars/harry potter/lord of the rings/etc traffic in equally ridiculous ideas and make billions of dollars

anybody that grew up reading the comic books or watching that old, poorly animated cartoon with comedy voice acting knows this is a bastardization of the material

how's captain america outshining x-men :/

deadpool makes more money than any x-men movie :/

Singer gtfoh

idiotic and repetitive plotting

disregard for their own continuity - mystique was stryker at the end of the last movie, and wtf professor x never looked for wolverine in 10 years? apocalypse's cult disappears from the movie after he's resurrected

characters just there to use their powers and not given any personality or motivation (psylocke and angel in this movie, bishop, warpath, blink, and sunspot in the last movie--they're lucky to even get a line of dialogue or their name mentioned) let alone the shitting on the comic lore.

why is mystique leading the x-men? mutant and proud but the overpaid, overrated j.law can't be bothered to wear blue makeup for more than like 10 minutes of the movie lol

Why couldn't apocalypse have his skyscraper sized celestial spaceship crushing buildings in manhattan and causing blackouts? motherfucker was smaller than his horseman lol he only gets big in the astral plane? the character was more like the shadow king than apocalypse...maybe they should've just done that story

x-men's universe is as broad, complex, cool and fascinating as the rest of marvel put together...disney can make a talking tree and a racoon with a gun pop but fox and singer are scared to do anything other than magneto lifting girders and xavier looking serious with his fingers at his temple

boring, bullshit...the climax is them fighting in rocks...all apocalypse did was shoot the world's nukes into space and goad magneto into destroying auschwitz and the sydney opera house and a bridge...whatever....

psylocke was looking super sexy though...the one costume that's pretty much comic accurate is the ninja one piece thong. shame she was giving nothing to do and literally just walks away from the movie without comment. That, quicksilver and fassbender's acting are about the only thing worth mentioning about the movie.

my girlfriend loves this series though... even the wolverine movies...i had to stifle all of my grievances because i didn't want to be 'that guy'

(it's hard posting long rants without coli emojis)
    Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 06-01-2016 at 04:59 PM.