Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving fast, where the eff are you going?

Default Driving fast, where the eff are you going?

People have the fairly unanimous consensus that people who drive 'slow' (under speed limit) are the 'problem', but my years working at a homeless shelter taught me a lot about general human behavior.

At the mission, 97% of homeless there are assholes from hell that only care about themselves scams and drugs. This can be because of being a general asshole but almost all the time because of mental illness making them an asshole.

I was a caseworker and they interpreted that as 'my mother'. I has one door to my office and they would line up to speak to me about stupid shit and lie about their progress and drug use.

When a line of over 3 people would form, there would be a fight. The person in front was 'in the way' of the person behind. The person behind was too close, etc etc. More of an issue was if they were scheduled to meet with me and they had to wait in line, suddenly everyone was tthe enemy

they would wake up late, then run to the line. Then suddenly the people in front were taking too much time, the person behind them was too close, all all symptoms of their self inflicted anxiety was exported to everyone else to keep from taking the blame of putting yourself in a situation where you're now in a rush due to getting snowed out on unforeseen narcotics and booze.

They would then go to the toiletries station where there was another line and suddenly people were moving too slow. The person handing them the toiletries wasn't going fast enough. Everyone was the enemy because you as an asshole having a hang over have no control of your own time.

Now, taken to traffic, it's sad that most people are like this. They will get on the road, honk, yell, flip people off, curse to themselves, cut others off and do things that imply they don't want someone else controlling their time because they themselves are too irresponsible and incapable of managing their own time. It's now everyone on the road's fault that you have to get to a 15 min destination in 7 minutes. It's now people being in the wrong lane, 'bad traffic', people going too slow, someone cutting you off, etc that's causing you to be late, or even playing part.

I learned from the mission that having no control of your own time is the ultimate consensus of any failure. It shows that you're not willing to do what you don't want to do (wake up eariler), to do what you have to do (reach destinations on time). It also shows that this asshole is so self consumed that being adult enough to admit that your deficit in discipline is your issue, not everyone's slow use of the time they share with you.

This is why i look down on people that don't like slow drivers. The worst is the ones going home and acting like this. Some people panic so hard at people's speed while going home to masturbate that they do things that cause them and others to die on the road. Life isn't meant to be rushed and if you're complaining about the people around you being slow, you're a faggot my nigga

organize yourself so that you can control your own time. Rushing is the reason you haven't realized that Ghost is being way more niggerish in this picture than Donna

But driving fast is fun, if motherfuckers wanna drive slow, they should get a horse and cart and stick to forest paths.

{>____<}

I can relate this what you're discussing. People say I drive slow because I always drive the speed limit. If the speed limit is 25mph, I go 25 mph. If it's 70 mph, I'll go 70 mph or maybe 75. I don't understand the point of going 80, 85, or even 90. That type of speeding causes accidents.

Thankfully, I've never been in an accident and I consider myself a safe driver.

You make a great point regarding time management. If you're single or married with no children, if have no excuse to be late for work or in a rush every morning. If one has children, then I'd understand but your boss won't give a damn.

Michigan has the worst roads. Whenever I drive on a road that contains potholes, I drive SLOW! It's simply.

I got hit by a car by an old Jewish dude who chose to ignore a big red STOP sign on his way to work at 6 in the morning. Too bad the Holocaust didnt really happen or I wouldnt have had to suffer that

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    People have the fairly unanimous consensus that people who drive 'slow' (under speed limit) are the 'problem', but my years working at a homeless shelter taught me a lot about general human behavior.

At the mission, 97% of homeless there are assholes from hell that only care about themselves scams and drugs. This can be because of being a general asshole but almost all the time because of mental illness making them an asshole.

I was a caseworker and they interpreted that as 'my mother'. I has one door to my office and they would line up to speak to me about stupid shit and lie about their progress and drug use.

When a line of over 3 people would form, there would be a fight. The person in front was 'in the way' of the person behind. The person behind was too close, etc etc. More of an issue was if they were scheduled to meet with me and they had to wait in line, suddenly everyone was tthe enemy

they would wake up late, then run to the line. Then suddenly the people in front were taking too much time, the person behind them was too close, all all symptoms of their self inflicted anxiety was exported to everyone else to keep from taking the blame of putting yourself in a situation where you're now in a rush due to getting snowed out on unforeseen narcotics and booze.
    97%? That's high. When I was in the shelter four years ago, luckily, my counselor didn't treat me like a drug addict or ex-con. (I actually presented my college degree and transcript to him so he didn't think I was lying.)

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by SHRAP View Post
    I got hit by a car by an old Jewish dude who chose to ignore a big red STOP sign on his way to work at 6 in the morning. Too bad the Holocaust didnt really happen or I wouldnt have had to suffer that
    Do you want to be banned?

Banned

Get the fuck off the road

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

{>____<}

^Classic joint!

"Doin 100 on the highway. So, if you do the speed limit get the f*** out of my way."

All right. Whenever I see people speeding, I always move to the next lane. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    97%? That's high. When I was in the shelter four years ago, luckily, my counselor didn't treat me like a drug addict or ex-con. (I actually presented my college degree and transcript to him so he didn't think I was lying.)
    I didn't treat anyone badly but being a total asshole was a consistent theme, second to addiction and mental illness. I would say 97%. A lot of them are angry because they'ye homeless, a lot are homeless because they're angry. A room with 120 men having hang overs and not having the money to get the drugs they fiend..97% isn't off the mark

How did Ironman become so soft?

Of course you can break the speed limit, anytime theres not many cars around and I can get to where i'm going quicker, I do.

nigga, why? i'm not saying im perfect at ALL. I've had my license suspended even but I realized how retarded my old mentality was. Why does everyone want to 'get there quicker'? Most of the time it's somewhere you don't want to go to and if you wanted to be there earlier you'd leave earlier. I think it's the general hatred of driving that people don't let themselves see

my license was suspended so i started taking the bus. My license is back now and I'm still taking the bus. driving blows total ass. the bus only sucks when people cough and because it's full of people from india and other breeds of fortune cookie

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    How did Ironman become so soft?

Of course you can break the speed limit, anytime theres not many cars around and I can get to where i'm going quicker, I do.
    I have too much to lose if I decide to break the law.

i
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I have too much to lose if I decide to break the law.
    good point

also, I see where TSA's coming from

but if other people wanna speed, just do the damn thing if you feel you control the situation. it's an individual responsibility

I make an exception for drunk driving, you are losing control of the situation. but it's a reality, sometimes it happens to people. yet it shouldn't

what I like best about TSA's posts above are his views on time management
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-03-2015 at 03:05 AM.
    Retired.