Thread: Raekwon walks us through the F.I.L.A. album (The Combat Jack Show)

Default Raekwon walks us through the F.I.L.A. album (The Combat Jack Show)

Heres the full album walk through

Good interview, but don't talk to Rae about Wu logo , he don't give a fuck about Wu tang RZA's baby. He doesn't mention Wu once on his album if I'm not mistaken. And only Ghost on there. He aint doing this for Wu its for himself. That's fair enough, but he defo ain't repping wu lol

Wu-Veteran

wtf? man he one of the main reasons wu has any relevancy left...he BEEN reppin wu..Ghost too. i guess phony wu fans just love to hate Rae.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    wtf? man he one of the main reasons wu has any relevancy left...he BEEN reppin wu..Ghost too. i guess phony wu fans just love to hate Rae.
    Haha So I'm a phony wu fan? Ok I'll take that if you agree you're a disillusioned wu fan lol Rae has not been repping the Wu , he's been repping himself and Icewater H2o . The only way he's really repping the Wu is because of his association. He knows the actual Wu brand is RZAs baby so it's rare unless he's asked about his wu affiliation that he will actually talk about Wu. automatically Rae reps the Wu cos of how he came up, his background but he's not giving A fuck about Wu really. If he was,where's his Wu homies on F.I.L.A . Where's U-God, Where's Masta Killa, and the rest of em, he just going for well known dudes to get himself in the limelight. Fair enough. I respect Raes vision for himself but don't be telling me he's fully repping the Wu. He's doing it for himself.fairenough though. He can down at he wants!

Wu-Veteran

Yea a phony wu fan aint willin to accept growth. They want the same album every time. He always talks Wu. Cl2, SvW..cmon...ob4cl he's always repping. Doesnt need all the same features every album.

I think this album is trash, but I respect him for trying something different when he knows that just copying the same shit over and over would probably be good enough for all of us.

-

LOL@Blaksteez and Muscularghandi hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muscularghandi View Post
    I think this album is trash, but I respect him for trying something different when he knows that just copying the same shit over and over would probably be good enough for all of us.
    In 2015 a Wu member can try and make an album with that authentic Wu sound but get slated by the 'fans' because it still doesn't sound like it was made in '93.

OR

In 2015 a Wu member can make whatever album they want, sell twice as many units and get slated by the 'fans' because it still doesn't sound like it was made in '93.

A no brainer really...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. You're probably right.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Yea a phony wu fan aint willin to accept growth. They want the same album every time. He always talks Wu. Cl2, SvW..cmon...ob4cl he's always repping. Doesnt need all the same features every album.
    Ok if you wanna call names and I'm a phoney Wu fan that's fine with me. To be honest, If i was to pick my favourite wu member ,Raes never been mine from day one. I remember back in the day when RZA said Rae told him to cut the scientific shit from his raps. Do you remember that? From that time there I thought fuck Rae, I don't mind street shit but is but I don't just wanna hear that same old shit from Rae. I was and am still into those deeper lyrics, or off key shit as in ODB. So Raes never really been one of the Wu I support all the way. I respect him especially as a person in interviews, but most of his music doesn't really resonate with me. Aside from the obvious big albums (OB4CL 1 and 2) which took more than just him to make it big.
    So bottom line is Wu is filled with 9 different MCs ,we all listen to one more than the other. Rae doesn't usually quench my lyrical thirst or stimulate my mind when he raps.(not saying he's not a good lyricist though-he is clever with his style) And when I m ow he's trying to blot out most jewels or type of rhymes that might uplift . I get mad codify the WANs hear another fucking boring rap ofhischattingabout his fucking money, fucking international mob circle and connections all the fucking time. When I can hear some RZA, GZA, MK, Meth, GFK when he ain't on that street shit rhymes that take it somewhere I like to go creatively. If ODB was around he be in that list too cos his style was amazing.
    So ihope I made myself clearer. I thought Rae was good on ABT where dropped some jewels, I think these tough rappers who know the truth and ain't even doing the shit they talk about as much as they used to or at all, need to give a bit more back to the kids who hang onto a lot of these guys words.
    Last edited by blaksteez; 05-09-2015 at 01:42 AM.

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blaksteez View Post
    "Ok if you wanna call names and I'm a phoney Wu fan that's fine with me."
    Youre a phony wu fan.

"To be honest, If i was to pick my favourite wu member ,Raes never been mine from day one. I remember back in the day when RZA said Rae told him to cut the scientific shit from his raps. Do you remember that?"

No. I wasnt there.

"From that time there I thought fuck Rae, I don't mind street shit but is but I don't just wanna hear that same old shit from Rae. I was and am still into those deeper lyrics, or off key shit as in ODB. So Raes never really been one of the Wu I support all the way. I respect him especially as a person in interviews, but most of his music doesn't really resonate with me. Aside from the obvious big albums (OB4CL 1 and 2) which took more than just him to make it big."

Wutang is a clan u phony wutang fan

"So bottom line is Wu is filled with 9 different MCs"

You can count tho, which is good.

"We all listen to one more than the other. Rae doesn't usually quench my lyrical thirst"

peep young thug.

"or stimulate my mind when he raps."

might need some dead prez...mind sex.

"(not saying he's not a good lyricist though-he is clever with his style) And when I m ow he's trying to blot out most jewels or type of rhymes that might uplift . I get mad codify the WANs hear another fucking boring rap ofhischattingabout his fucking money"

is that Wu Linguistics?

"fucking international mob circle and connections all the fucking time "

Oh..wu-gambinos..

"When I can hear some RZA, GZA, MK, Meth, GFK when he ain't on that street shit rhymes that take it somewhere I like to go creatively."

To the gay bar? Yea Rae and the wu dont rap about that type of shit..

"If ODB was around he be in that list too cos his style was amazing"

Not as amazing as your wu linguistics.

"So ihope I made myself clearer"

Youre a phony wu fan with shitty wu linguistics.

"I thought Rae was good on ABT where dropped some jewels"

me too.

"I think these tough rappers *PAUSE* who know the truth
    and ain't even doing the shit they talk about as much as they used to or at all, need to give a bit more back to the kids who hang onto a lot of these guys words."

Like you, but youve never been a real wu fan from day one..
    Last edited by JEM; 05-09-2015 at 09:39 PM.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha