View Poll Results: Who's got more skills?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeru The Damaja

15 55.56%
  • Jay-Z

12 44.44%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jeru The Damaja VS Jay-Z

Lol. Jeru is one of the most underrated MC's on this planet. I can't front on Reasonable Doubt, but Jeru is a lot better than Jay-Z. Like Jasper already said Jeru is the more original MC. His mic presence, timing and rhyme patterns are unique in hiphop. The Sun Rises In The East is one of the greatest albums ever made. His rhyme display on Ain't The Devil Happy and Mind Spray are ridiculous. Let's not forget about Jungle Music or Wrath of the Math joints like Scientifical Madness and Me Or The Papes. Wrath of the Math is mad slept on.

For those who think Jeru is no longer 'relevant' I'd suggest you listen to Solar Flares. My favorite hiphop song in years. The bars he was spitting, goddamn.

Reasonable Doubt is a classic, but Jay-Z can't stop da prophet.

-

I agree. I was listening to his One Day song today and he made me laugh when he dissed Puff Daddy. I was a little mad that he dissed my baby Foxy Brown when he said I peeped Foxy Brown sipping Cristal in the background with fake alligator boots on hahahahahahahahahaha. He said Suge Knight came and took hip hop from Puff Daddy LOL. Suge said i'll give him up if a real nigga retrieve him LOL. So i went to LA later that evening. Props to Jeru for sampling a little bit of Sadat X's voice at the beginning of One Day from Brand Nubian's Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down song. I love Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down video. I wish the video version would've sounded like that on In God We Trust album.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Jeru's verse on the Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers is timeless.

Subliminal hypnotism and colonialism
    leaves most niggas dead or in prison
    In Crookland right hand cuts off the left hand
    to spite the hand jealous of the next man

-

Jeru's buddy Afu-Ra's new song Cobra Clutch is hard. I love that song and the beat is banging. I haven't heard Afu-Ra's albums. I'm gonna have to check them out.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Afu Ra makes garbage

Jeru's buddy Afu-Ra's new song Cobra Clutch is hard. I love that song and the beat is banging. I haven't heard Afu-Ra's albums. I'm gonna have to check them out.
    You should start with Body of the Life Force, easily his best

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

-

I don't like Warfare song because of the beat but thanks for posting it. I like Jeru and Afu-Ra's Mental Stamina song on Jeru The Damaja's first album.