View Poll Results: Who's got more skills?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeru The Damaja

15 55.56%
  • Jay-Z

12 44.44%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeru The Damaja VS Jay-Z

-

Yeah I bought it and it sucks LOL. The Takeover and Izzo(HOVA)are the only songs I like. I can't believe DJ Premier said that he thinks The Takeover is better than Nas Ether song. Are you serious DJ Premier? LOL. He said he remembers when he first heard The Takeover at the club and he said the crowd went crazy. So what LOL. Ether shits on The Takeover. Nas said so many funny lyrics about Jay-Z and Jay-Z knew he couldn't have nothing to say after that song. He came back at Nas with Super Ugly song but that sucked. Jay-Z ain't even messing with Nas lyrically.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Jay had disses that were actually relevant though. The "one hot album every ten year average" alone won Jay-z that battle. What did Nas say really, Gay-Z? Lame.
    I say this as someone who ranks Nas higher than Jay as an MC.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

-

That's the only line I agree with Jay-Z when he said Illmatic was his only hot album but Nas is a better rapper.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

I thought the bodyguards on Oochie Wally line was pretty lethal too
    Retired.

CJ I think IWW is a great album( I guess that's the "ehh" album according to Jay) but the "one hot album" line is still too close to the truth considering Nas's potential and hype.
    I agree that Nas is better than Jay, but I think people overrate Ether because expectations were low.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Jeru The Damaja has a good flow but a terrible ear for beats. Nobody really listens to anything past Wrath of the Math.

Jay-Z obviously comes out as the better artist here.

-

LOL@ZFRTS hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm gonna agree with you that nobody has listened to Jeru's albums past Wrath Of The Math. I heard the albums he did after that but they were bad. Divine Design is mediocore and he does have bad beats. He should've let DJ Premier continue to do his beats after Wrath Of The Math. He made a terrible mistake trying to do beats himself and using other producers.

nada ignorante

IWW has always been a classic album to me.

Peace!
    N.I.

-

I Gave You Power is a nice song. Live Nigga Rap song with Mobb Deep is hard too. I didn't like It Was Written. Illmatic and Stillmatic are the only albums of his i play. I was listening to Ether at the house today.

nada ignorante

Gods Son is pretty nice too.
    N.I.

Id prefer Jeru, not saying he is better but I'd listen to a new Jeru album before Id listen to a new Jay album.

Jay Z is definitely the better overall rapper but he's a faggit who makes music that he hopes 12 year old girls will listen to now. He's music is gay as fuck now lol like who listens to a new Jay Z album? Yeah, I'd rather hear a new Jeru album over Jay Z.

I agree though, In My Lifetime Vol 1 was a banger, really liked that album, one of my favorite Jay Z releases. IWW was dope as fuck

Jay fell off with Kingdom Come and never quite recovered. that critical darling album American Gangsta was overhyped, way too much praise
    Retired.

Jay Z has done a good job of subtly taking this and that from various artists and trends. He rides the wave well.

Anyone ever seen the video cam made where he illustrates what a biter Jay Z truly is? It goes beyond that and into flow as well.

Jeru is an original. Jays flow is nice but jeru ripped mics in a more unique way that idk hits close to home. I'd like to see Jay Z try to do return of the crooklyn dodgers justice
    Non Ignorants

RIP