Thread: What Kevin Feige Thinks Of Quicksilver's Future At Marvel

Default What Kevin Feige Thinks Of Quicksilver's Future At Marvel

Not everyone made it out of the climactic battle against Ultron and his minions alive. Despite it being his first full-length appearance in the MCU, Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s Quicksilver met his demise in Avengers: Age of Ultron when he sped in front of some bullets that were about to hit Hawkeye and a small boy. The archer later sat by the speedster’s body as they were being transported away from the Sokovian city. However, since this is a movie based off comic books, some fans have wondered whether Quicksilver somehow survived… but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has now assured us that isn’t the case.

Redditor JonLuca posted the responses that Feige gave during a rcent Q&A following a screening of Avengers: Age of Ultron. Among the many interesting tidbits were Feige stating that without question, Quicksilver is deceased. As the report states:
    Quiksilver is DEAD. 100%, he's not coming back any time soon, there are no plans. No [life-model decoy], no escaping bullets, no retcon. [Kevin Feige] said he is dead and wanted to make sure people understood that.
    So unlike agent Phil Coulson, whose death in The Avengers was overturned in the ABC series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel doesn’t plan to revive Quicksilver. Sometimes a byproduct of having super speed is being able to heal faster than most, but evidently Quicksilver wasn’t awarded that benefit. Obviously plans are sometimes subject to change. There’s always a slim chance he could somehow be brought back to life, such as in the Avengers: Infinity War movies by the power of the Infinity Stones. For now, though, we should consider Wanda Maximoff’s brother to be deader than a door nail, so don’t get your hopes up about a surprise return.

Although Quicksilver died in the final cut of Avengers: Age of Ultron, there were several scenes shot during production that involved him not just surviving the gunfire, but also appearing alongside his sister in the ending with his own costume. However, director Joss Whedon decided that because he considered Avengers: Age of Ultron to be a "war movie," a price needed to be paid, and Quicksilver’s death would have resonated with all the other heroes. Actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson has expressed interest in somehow reprising Quicksilver through a loophole, though if revival is off the table, that would be limited to just flashbacks or hallucinations.

If you’re looking to see more of a live-action Quicksilver in the near future, you’ll have to stick with the Evan Peters version in the X-Men series. He can be seen next when X-Men: Apocalypse hits theaters in May 2016.
    Retired.

^ Due to Fox also using the character I think thats why they killed him off in age of ultron??
    Marvel did a great job bringing him to life. Hes the way Id picture Quick to be in real time
    Last edited by chiba; 05-12-2015 at 01:00 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

^^hadn't taken that into consideration. what you say makes perfect sense
    Retired.

^yezzir !

I liked how they teased Hawkeye getting killed.
    He had a couple close calls in the movie.

It sucks they had to kill Quicksilver off. Marvel did a great job with him!
    Fox version of Quicksilver had a cool scene that I think pleased everyone.
    I think it was the highlight scene in all of DoFP.
    Its his costume/get up that didnt go over so well with the fans.

Im not sure how the rights work with Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch.
    Not sure what deal they have with FOX. Scarlett Witch should be in the next couple of flicks. If theres talks of someone else being killed off I wouldnt be surprised if its her.

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    Fox version of Quicksilver had a cool scene that I think pleased everyone.
    I think it was the highlight scene in all of DoFP.
    indeed!
    Retired.

Retired.

Quicksilver/Kid Vid

Non Ignorants