Thread: Sly and The Family Stone's Stand and Everyday People Songs

-

Default Sly and The Family Stone's Stand and Everyday People Songs

I like these songs and they're classics. I love their Stand album cover. I was listening to that album yesterday. Everyday People song is on that album. It's sad that Sly Stone is homeless and I heard he's living in a van in Oakland, California LOL. Talk about a waste of talent and wasting money. He's had several hit songs and I heard his sister who was in the group won't even let him live with her. I was surprised he had 2 white men in the group because back then, you didn't really see any white men in black groups because of racism. The Jackson 5 did a remake of Stand and it's good but I like Sly and the Family Stone's version better.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Is it weird that I prefer the Arrested Development version of Everyday People?

Banned

Yes it's weird.

Stand! Is classic, I Want To Take You Higher is my favourite.

Sly is homeless, really? The guy would still be making bank off royalties surely he's not living in a van without it being a choice
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

Yeah he's homeless. I read a article about it and that's sad. His sister won't let him live with her. That's bad when your family won't let you live with them. He might not get along with her and she is probably pissed at him for using drugs back in the day and wasting his money because he should have his own place to live.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Did ya'll know LL Cool J sampled Sly and The Family Stone on Mama Said Knock You Out song? I forgot the name of the song.