Thread: Download Ghostface's Mobile App "Spit16"

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Default Download Ghostface's Mobile App "Spit16"

"Ghostface Killah is putting the app in rap.

The Wu-Tang Clan rapper surprised fans by belting out a 40-minute set at a recent Times Square party where he was promoting his Spit 16 app, which helps aspiring rappers make homemade rap videos, which subscribers watch and rate.

His new project is a collaboration between “Entourage” rapper Saigon and Fugees standout Pras Michel, who was also on hand as Ghostface let the rhymes and the 40 ounces flow.

Before his impromptu set with Wu-Tang producer and deejay Scram Jones, the Staten Island standout, who turned 45 on Saturday, told us he hopes new rappers will use the app to do something that doesn’t stink.

“A ‘good’ video now, I guess, is a banging crib, girls with their asses out and cars. That’s what you see,” the musician, born Dennis Coles, said sarcastically. “But (to make) a good video, you hardly need any of that s---.”

Ghostface says music video directors should study a much-loved Brooklyn rapper who, like Wu-Tang, was peaking in the mid-90s.

“Remember, when Busta Rhymes did ‘Woo-Hah.’ He was in a box,” he recalled of that 1996 work. “That was colorful — it was different.”

He also conceded that he hasn’t been excited about a new artist in a while.

“People these days are followers not leaders,” Ghostface said. “Nowadays, everybody is doing the same thing — rhyming in the car or in the strip club. I hear (new) music, but I’m not a fan.”

And it’s not just music that he thinks is on the decline. “The world is getting worse,” he said. “There’s never been a point in life when the world was getting better.”

Ghostface says he’s still too immersed in making music to know how Wu-Tang Clan will be remembered by their peers when they become eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2018.

“That’s deep right there,” he said. “I know it’ll sink in when I’m on the outside.”

Partygoers at the Spit 16 launch were treated to a bit of a history lesson themselves when one industry veteran at the bar pointed out that Quad Studio, which was hosting the event, is where Tupac Shakur was shot five times in 1994, two years before he was shot and killed in Las Vegas. That unsolved crime kicked off a fierce rivalry between West Coast rappers affiliated with Shakur and Suge Knight and East Coast rappers including Sean Combs and the Notorious B.I.G."

lmao @ 'Fugees stand out Pras Michel'

Ghost is right about those Busta vids
    Retired.