Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everything CW Releases is Utter Shit

Banned

Default Everything CW Releases is Utter Shit

Seriously, this network is to TV as LJN is to video games (ANgry Video Game Nerd anyone?).

Here's why:

- The actors/actresses they sign are like low-budget soap opera stars that couldn't make it on 90210 or The Young & The Restless.

- They always divert the storyline to some bullshit love story, focusing more on the relationships than the big picture as a whole

- Almost every castmember is in their 20's playing people in highschool or some other teeny-bopper bullshit.

- When I see Arrow, all I see is a cheap knock-off of Batman.....guy disappears for a while, returns all bad ass with a fortune in the palm of his hand and gets all these gadgets, has a secret lair and changes his voice all Christian Bale-like to return the city he loves preventing it from falling into Chaos......not only is Batman cooler, but the story is better....

why does the CW suck so much ass and why are people drawn to their bullshit....

seriously, the acting is a-w-f-u-l......again maybe my standards are too high from watching too much HBO/SHOWTIME/AMC, so anything less is unacceptable, but I just can't get over how this network stays popular and the shows they produce are so well-received.

I am a certified hater of CW and issue this tribute tot hem personally:

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't watch that network anyway. I don't watch any new tv shows because a lot of tv shows are wack. I miss the old tv shows from the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

as you have seen in my posts I'm really enjoying both Arrow & Flash, also looking forward to Legends of Tomorrow. as I don't live in the States/Canada I can't comment on the CW, those two shows are the only ones of theirs I'm familiar with

what I accept about these shows is I have to deal with the characters' personal lives as well. that's not a problem for me, cuz what would the stakes be if there were no repercussions on a personal level to what superheroes do

what I will say is that Daredevil has been the best out of the bunch of the superhero shows over the last five years. it took me a while to get adjusted to the slow pace on that show - they didn't have to incorporate many bad guys on there, also there wasn't always a court case for every episode (which I had feared). it allowed the characters to breathe. maybe the only bad things about the show were how Foggy was portrayed and maybe Karen too

you say most of the actors on Flash & Arrow aren't very good. I find them enjoyable enough (the girl who portrays Laurel Lance has been iffy sometimes) but that's for tv standards. if you look at what vincent d'onofrio did with kingpin, that was some heavy duty acting. he OWNED that character and lifted kingpin to another level (much more so than the guy who played daredevil himself imo). so a really good (movie) actor like d'onofrio definitely makes a difference. if I may make a comparison : Spiderman 2 (Sam Raimi movie) was the best out of the three to me because of Alfred Molina's masterful turn as Doc Ock. just like D'Onofrio he lifted the whole thing to a whole other level

then there's the arrow basic story line. indeed just like batman he disappears for a while and comes back stronger. if you think about it this is true for more than just those 2 heroes. heroes are often born out of adversity which takes them out of the picture for a while. can't really blame The CW for sticking to the arrow's origin story

I agree with you that the acting on HBO shows is more mature but that doesn't really take away from my enjoyment of Arrow and Flash

there's one more thing I'd like to add. maybe the lighter tone on some of the shows also plays a part. this is less the case for Arrow, which has its fair share of depressing stories, but much more so for the cheerful Flash. despite the fact his mom was killed & his dad is in prison, Barry seems to be enjoying himself heaps on the show. if you're not a fan of the lighter side of things in comics (like say, spiderman banter) you might not be into Felicity Smoak's awkward jokes on Arrow or the all around happiness oozing Flash. the same could be said for the interaction between characters in Agents of SHIELD too. there's (meant to be) witty dialogue in there, if you don't think that type of humor works well with the superhero genre then it might make you dislike Agents of SHIELD (even) more

the only show so far which has not met my expectations is Agent Carter. I've watched 5 episodes so far and normally I'm a binge watcher. I do like a whole season in a week. but I've been putting off watching the last few episodes. I can't really say why - theoretically all the ingredients are there for me ... the jokes, the action. but it seems a bit light on plot per episode and has no driving force forward (unlike say Daredevil) in its plot in the long run. it might also simply have to do with the fact that the main character is a woman (we discussed that topic in another thread last week)

finally I think the fact that Daredevil was gonna be presented to the viewing public all at once (I mean all episodes at the same time) on Netflix helped the writers of that show get rid of cliffhanger syndrome at the end of each episode and incorporating too many subplots. within the scope of 13 episodes the writers were free to essentially develop two single stories only : the origin of daredevil (roughly episodes 1-3) and the slow comeuppance of kingpin (all of the other episodes). there was no fat to be trimmed from this show. I think that helped the show tremendously

I think we've come a long way from the days of Lois & Clark and Smallville where the soap opera element was even more obvious than on some of today's shows. but there definitely still is room for improvement. atm I feel blessed with having so many interesting superhero shows to choose from, what with supergirl and legends of tomorrow on the way too

sorry for the long reply, but your interesting post really got me thinking about the subject
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-14-2015 at 05:16 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

I had a long post response that some how got erased when i hit enter and dont feel like doing ity again, so I'll summarize,,,,,DD is the best superhero show out now, Kingpins portrayal is amazing and spiderman 2 is the only one of the trilogy I can rewatch...

I had a a solid in depth response to your post but this fucking laptop of mine keeps acting up.

Basically I'm a strong critic to comic stuff and due to past disappointments I'm very hard to please....

Flash I have yet to see, but agree due to his light-heartedness I feel he could be an exception, especially since I like dhim as well in the JLA cartoons

^^ I hate when that happens when you're posting a reply, shit gets frustrating. murphy's law makes it happen to the long posts only too it seems

really interesting discussion on superhero shows, thanks

I was just thinking of the following : The CW's best move going forward theoretically would have been a Suicide Squad spinoff. the squad have been on Arrow several times so the premise is well established. there could be a much more grim tone to it since they're all bad guys forced to working together. since they're always on a mission and are otherwise emprisoned they have no time for a private life of any substantial meaning. I think all of these elements would have worked toward solving some of the things you dislike about The CW's shows at the moment. but I guess we knew a Suicide Squad show was not going to come to fruition seeing as there's gonna be a movie and DC don't want to mix up both media outlets

too bad really cuz I'm convinced a Suicide Squad show could have captured the darker tone we saw in say some of the Gotham episodes this year. while it would not have been exactly like Daredevil in tone it might have come much closer than Arrow has
    Retired.

Great points gents!!

Yea I think a suicide squad tv series wouldve been good.
    But it would have to be Dark and Gritty Like Daredevil.
    i dont think they would show it on the WB due to the Violence.
    I for one like the people they casted for the Suicide squad.
    Heck I think Manu Benett did a great job as deathstroke.
    Season 2 of arrow was epic

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Banned

IMO, Vincent was the 'original' who came up w/ the 'Why so Serious?' look, which added to the awesome sociopathic reflection of the Kingpin

They seem to have a lot of shows geared towards females on that channel.

arrow???? have u really taken time to watch arrow, especially the back story?? it has not a thing to do with batman, as a matter of fact, thats why i love that show,oliver quinns journey is way different from batmans, bruce wayne was angry his whole life, wealthy but angry, his transition into batman was something he sought his whole life, oliver quinn was a rich kid who took nothing serious, fucked his girl over,banged her sis, was preety much a trust fund corny party boy but when stuck on an island with no choice but to survive at all costs, it changes him into a serious dude who is forced to learn advanced skills to survive, him becoming arrow is preety much a journey you take with the man, he and batman have way different origin stories, anyone who has really watched this show would see that, i also enjoy how his love interest still thinks he is a douchebag party animal from way back when then slowly,she realizes dude has returned home a dangerous weapon...i absolutely enjoy the story and its well shot and executed...but then again thats me

also initially oliver quinn is not returning to save his city, he is really back to honor his dads dying wish, and cancel out corrupt operatives he dealt with in their company, its from then it builds up to a whole crusade to stop more inter connected villains in the whole city

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    They seem to have a lot of shows geared towards females on that channel.

Another point I agree and see myself

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    arrow???? have u really taken time to watch arrow, especially the back story?? it has not a thing to do with batman, as a matter of fact, thats why i love that show,oliver quinns journey is way different from batmans, bruce wayne was angry his whole life, wealthy but angry, his transition into batman was something he sought his whole life, oliver quinn was a rich kid who took nothing serious, fucked his girl over,banged her sis, was preety much a trust fund corny party boy but when stuck on an island with no choice but to survive at all costs, it changes him into a serious dude who is forced to learn advanced skills to survive, him becoming arrow is preety much a journey you take with the man, he and batman have way different origin stories, anyone who has really watched this show would see that, i also enjoy how his love interest still thinks he is a douchebag party animal from way back when then slowly,she realizes dude has returned home a dangerous weapon...i absolutely enjoy the story and its well shot and executed...but then again thats me
    Anytime I see a superhero lurking in the shadows masking their voice with ninja-like gadgets and dark demeanor I think Batman....even Daredevil has its moments where I'm like, 'Batman did it first bro...nice try' but as you said yourself, that's just me :P

Maybe I'm just a Batman junkie, but I see all these shows now from Doctor Who to Gotham or whatever it may be and all I see is 'dark' 'we need to be dark' 'darker this darker that' etc....

fuck Hollywood, there's nothing wrong with embracing the dark side, just don't rip it off from Batman....'The Dark Knight' changed the game as a whole, and as usual Hollywood would rather mimic the style but tweek it slightly different rather than come up with something original......'oh Batman is hot right now?! We gotta make anyting we do now like Batman'...etc

That's why I thoroughly enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy...they took the humour root and did it flawlessly....on the other hand Agents of Shield tried to do the same thing, and they failed miserably becoming gay as fuck....like Clay Aitken gay as fuck....

Haven't seen Flash at all, but from what fans say it seems pretty faithful to the character, to which as I previously stated thoroughly enjoyed in the Justice League & Unlimited cartoons.

but nobody fucks with Batman...not even to a tee...maybe Punisher or Deadpool or even Spawn but for the most part Batman owns DC's soul

I get what u saying but the true quality of this show is the fact that they focused on his archery skills more than anything else, also, the back story for me is what makes it stand out, they really did a great job giving the viewer an understanding as to how this dude becomes what he is, they also followed the comics, him and the Lazarus pit, coming back different, as a matter of fact, when the justice league battled dr light, batman asks him about his lazarus pit experience and why he isn't the same anymore, personally I think ce got this show right

and lets be honest,as much as i loved daredevil, that show exists because of arrow, as usual, marvel felt threatened by dcs successful tv franchises and decided they too wanna go at it, to date, arrow has 7 million viewers in the states alone, thats including alot of we dc die hards, trust me, they doing it right

Banned

I thought Dr. Light was cool with JL...at least that's what the cartoon came off as.....

and I haven't finished DD yet...still have 5 ep left....

I think the main reason Arrow is doing it right is because the demograph it appeals to is similar to those who watched Buffy back int he day or Smallville.

I'm more anxious for Iron Fist personally....

Quote Originally Posted by KATO View Post
    I thought Dr. Light was cool with JL...at least that's what the cartoon came off as.....
    in one of the comics canon story i read years ago(ill get the title when i remember it), dr light rapes the Atoms wife, one half of the justice league decide that katana should drive him insane through magic, out of fear of batman shutting that down, they have zatana wipe out him and supermans memory clean so they don't remember events of that day but then green arrow starts suspecting that maybe bats memory isnt really wiped out and he has other plans for them and thats when shit hits the fan