Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Witcher 3

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I noticed even if you turn the difficulty down to its lowest, this game is still challenging. You can't just wing it, you have to learn the combat system. I watched a video of just how big the map is. Something like 1.5x the size of GTAV. Then again Rockstar ported their release to the PS4 platform with it's previous limitations. It makes me wonder what the next release might be like? Global maps like BF1? Also the next Red Dead should be amazing.
    In terms of difficulty, I have managed to pass most of the fights/boss fights without dying too much. The last boss fights I didn't die. I did think that the overall gameplay was worth the money and the wait. Long story, especially the quests, but classic game overall.

The two DLCs, Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine are spectacularly! Both will not disappoint.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

{>____<}

I'm still exploring after finishing the game years ago. One of the best games of all time.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

So after many years I decided to finally play this game fully. I had seen friends play & had a few hours with it myself, slicing & dicing through some missions which happened to be later ones so I spoiled the game for myself years ago, but never actually played from start to finish in detail.

With RPG's I just don't have the patience, I skip through dialogues and just race through the main game. Don't have the time anymore to spend 3-4 hours on a game a day. Max 1 hour before my brain shuts off.

So I started this a couple of months ago slowly but surely getting myself through the game, doing like a mission a day. Playing on PC because I remember the god awful load times from the PS4 when it first came out.

Well this game is fucking amazing. The narrative is excellent, the side quests are engaging, the combat is good, the world, detail, exploration all top notch. It's a 5 year old game and puts the trash videogames of today to shame. I loved that the world is alive, you do something there will be consequences. Some games try doing that but it doesn't impact the storyline at all, or peoples reactions to you. In this do something wrong you won't even get the next mission. In my first playthrough I missed the assassination mission, it didn't continue on. It's a sidequest but it has a massive impact on the way the game ends. So your tempted to play the game again and go through in a different manner. It's not a game where you can act like an ass and it has no effect like Skyrim. Thats what makes the narrative so good. It's what Rockstar games miss out on as well.

The DLC as well. Blood & Wine is a full game theres more content there than what BioWare put in Anthem. Hearts of Stone which is the smaller expansion has 8 hours of gameplay which is the campaign length for most FPS games. Both are excellent.

It's like the mature, dark, realistic Zelda game we will never get. It would be a perfect game if traversing the world was as enjoyable as in Breath of the Wild.