Thread: [compilation] ICE CUBE - "Another Lethal Injecition"

Default [compilation] ICE CUBE - "Another Lethal Injecition"

i've been istening to a whole lot of Ice Cube lately, anything and Everything from the "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted" album to the "Death Certificate# LP and to me they are all some of the finest hip-hop LP:s ever created. Cube has a fantastic flow and delivery, his voice is mindblowingly ill, he got a whole lot of mic presence and his lyrics are Always on Point. he rarely needs a guest to hold him down, holding down four and a half Classic albums in a row all by himself for for years is really spectacular - especially considering he worked with a lot of different prdoucers during this era. the new Cube has got some moments, "The War Disc" from '98 is pretty strong, wasn't crazy about "The Peace Disc" and tbh I haven't really checked much since (would you recommend me to do so?).

my #1 Cube album has to be "Death Certificate", it's just purely brilliant from all aspects but i also really dig how he worked with The Bomb Squad and the Chemistry they displayed on his debut. either way very good albums, so it wasn't that hard of a choice to go for Cube's non album material from 1990-1994 when making a new Lost Tapes compilation for my readers - being that I haven't updated for about two weeks. his discography from this era is also very thankful to work with, considering that the 12" singles he released from the albums more often than not are stacked with banging records that were left as B-sides... i collected all those B-sides and added some of my favorite cameos he did around that time and put together "Anothr Lethal Injection". 18 tracks of raw West Coast funk, with production by the usual suspects like DJ Pooh, Bobcat, Sir Jinx, Dr. Dre, LayLaw, even Erick Sermon and more. Don't sleep on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Tapes

01. "King Tee's Bar Stand: Intro" [prod. by DJ Pooh] (1992)
    02. "The Wrong Nigga to Fuck With" [prod. by Sir Jinx] (1992)
    03. "My Skin is My Skin" (w. W.C.) [prod. Dr. Jam] (1993)
    04. "Check Yo'Self" [The Message Remix] [prod. Ice Cube] (1993)
    05. "What Can I Do" [Westside Remix] [prod. Ali Shaheed] (1993)
    06. "Can't You Play With Me" (w. Yo-Yo) [prod. by Sir Jinx] (1991)
    07. "Hand Of The Dead Body" (w. Scarface) [prod. by NO Joe, Mike Dean & Scarface] (1994)
    08. "All On My Nut Sac" (w. Da Lench Mob) [prod. by Ice Cube] (1992)
    09. "24 With An L" [prod. by Ice Cube] (1993)
    10. "The Ill Shit" (w. KAM) [prod. by Erick Sermon] (1993)
    11. "Watts Riot" (w. KAM) [prod. by DJ Pooh] (1992)
    12. "U Ain't Gonna Take My Life" [prod. by Mr. Woody] (1993)
    13. "Tresspass" (w. Ice-T) [prod. by Sir Jinx] (1993)
    14. "Played Like A Piano" (w. King Tee & Breeze) [prod. by DJ Pooh] (1990)
    15. "Play Witcha Mama" (w. Willie D) [prod. by Grizz] (1994)
    16. "Natural Born Killers" (w. Dr. Dre) [prod. by Dr. Dre & Sam Sneed] (1994)
    17. "2 in the Morning" [prod. by LayLaw & Derrick McDowell] (1994)
    18. "Last Wordz" (w. 2Pac & Ice-T) [prod. by Bobcat] (1993)

LINK @ THE LOST TAPES

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

that tracklist looks great, especially with the era you took tracks from. gonna DL this right now. thanks!!!
    Retired.

^ no doubt, this is THE era for Cube material in my book.. besides those albums i also bought a DVD called "Greatest Hits Vol. 1" that features all of the videos from those 5 records, very Worth having if you can find it relatively cheap

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

PRODIGAL SUN

yeah props for that link
    "get money by all means necessary"

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

oh man the link aint working for me it comes up saying I need a decryption key
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    oh man the link aint working for me it comes up saying I need a decryption key
    I missed the key too the first time I had a look. here you go

qJvfsORrs3KSgqCs5-w73M_nqJy5h8FAkuyevJlEb30
    Retired.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Preach on Rev

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Banned

I'd have added a disc 2...

1) My Summer Vacation
    2) Tear This Muta****a Up
    3) No Vaseline
    4) Really Doe
    5) Steady Mobbin'
    6) Once Upon a Time in the projects
    7)Color Blind
    8) Now I Gotta Wet Cha'
    9) Bop Gun
    10) Givin' Up The Nappy Dugout
    11) King of the Hill
    12) Cross a Line & Put a K
    13) When Will They Shoot?
    14) A Gangster's FairyTale
    15) Gangster Rap Made Me Do it

My Summer Vacation is by far his best track ever made, and should be included (which it's not) on any Cube compilation......Cube was the first rapper I ever heard, and is still one of my top 5 performers today....his charisma on the mic during his first 4 albums is untouchable.
    Last edited by KATO; 05-20-2015 at 09:26 AM.

good looking on that disc KATO, would you mind uploading it for us here?
    i guess your copy of "Death Certificate" didn't include 'No Vaseline', shame, that's one of the best dis songs ever recorded for sure

Banned

^ No Vaseline is on my copy, I just think My Summer vacation is vastly overlooked....just the beat, the story, etc. It's so easy to see a visual picture:

BOOM, my homie got shot he's a goner black
    St. Louis niggaz want they corner back
    Shooting in snowy weather
    It's illegal business, niggaz still can't stick together
    Fuckin police got the four-one-one
    that L.A. ain't all, surf and sun
    But we ain't thinkin, bout the boys
    Feudin, like the Hatfields and McCoys
    Now the shit's gettin tricky
    Cause now they lookin for the colors and the khakis
    Damn, the spot's gettin hot from the battle
    About to pack up and start slangin in Seattle
    But the NARCs, raid about six in the morning
    Try to catch a nigga while he's yawnin
    Put his glock to my chest as I paused
    Went to jail in my motherfuckin drawers
    Tryin to give me, fifty-seven years
    Face'll be full of those tattooed tears
    It's the same old story and the same old nigga stuck
    And the public defender ain't givin a fuck
    The fool must be sparkin
    Talkin about a double life plea bargain
    You got to deal with the Crips and Bloods by hand G
    Plus the Black Guerilla family
    And the white pride don't like Northside
    And it's a riot if any more niggaz die
    No parole or probation
    Now this is a young man's summer vacation
    No chance for rehabilitation
    Cause look at the motherfuckin years that I'm facin
    I'ma end it like this cause you know what's up
    My life is fucked

And sorry dude, that's just off the top of my head for what I'd make as a disc 2, I don't have a disc to upload :P

nada ignorante

Major props for this Claa.
    N.I.

nada ignorante

And you´re right

War disc>>>>>>Peace disc.
    N.I.

Banned

^ Personally the whole War & Peace concept was what turned Cube's flavour sour to a more mainstream concept in my opinion.....don't think there's any track on either album that stands out other than 'Hello'

-

LOL@Kato hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. War and Peace albums sucked and the albums he did after that suck LOL. Lethal Injection was the last decent album he did. I love Really Doe, Cave Bitch and Down For Whatever songs on the album. I was listening to Steady Mobbin song today and I was laughing at the lyrics.

Life ain't nothing but money and fuck a bitch LOL. They drop like dominos and if you didn't know Ice Cube got drama hoes LOL. So after I finished screwing, I bust a nut and get up and put on my white Ewings LOL. I'm out the door. All you might get is a rubber on the floor LOL. I went to mom's house and dropped a load in the bathroom hahahahahahahahahaha. Jumped back in my low ride. Coming out feeling about 10 pounds lighter LOL. Went to Bone's house so I can get the gat. Looking for the place where all the hoes kick it at LOL. Lench Mob ain't nothing but tramps but hoes licking nuts like stamps LOL. One fool brought the music for the yamps but Ice Cube had more amps. Get in bitch LOL. Plus I had the jam on and I don't wanna hear shit about a tampon LOL. Gimme the nappy and make me happy LOL. The ho said papi can you slap me on the ass hard and fast? LOL. Can you please try not to leave a gash? I said yeah but I don't play sex without putting on the latex. Slipped on a condom. Fucked around and dropped a bomb son LOL. And it came out sorta like confetti hahahahahahahahahaha. In for the night, no longer steady mobbin.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.