Thread: RZA Directing Common, Azealia Banks in New Rap Film 'Coco'

Default RZA Directing Common, Azealia Banks in New Rap Film 'Coco'

Wu-Tang Clan mastermind RZA and rapper Azealia Banks are teaming for the upcoming musical drama Coco. RZA will direct the Lionsgate/Codeblack Films feature, which stars Banks as a "twentysomething female rapper named Coco." The Brooklyn-set film – which co-stars Common, Jill Scott and Lorraine Toussaint – has already begun shooting in New York.

Azealia Banks Azealia Banks' Long, Twisted Road to Her Debut Album »
    In the film, Banks' protagonist dreams of pursuing a hip-hop career, but is persuaded by her parents to finish college. In a poetry class, she is transfixed by "the power of the spoken word," developing a verbal strength that ends up propelling her toward her rap goals.

"I'm extremely excited and vigorously inspired to be working with Azealia Banks in my new directorial installment," RZA said in a statement. "Producer Paul Hall and I have assembled a cool and eclectic cast to surround Azealia. Our story, which is set in today's contemporary youth culture, will bring a new voice to cinema that needs to be heard."

The Hollywood Reporter notes that Scott will play a "a professor who believes that rapping and slam poetry cannot co-exist;" Toussaint will reportedly play Coco's mother, and Common will appear as a "mentor figure."
    -----------------------

RZA looks like a victim of domestic abuse in that photo. There should be a phone number underneath where you can give donations to rappers who have been socked in the eye by their wives.

-

LOL@ShaDynasty and BigKing.nl hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I like Berlin's Take My Breath Away song and I saw Top Gun movie with Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis. Kelly was hot and Tom was lucky to be kissing her. She's a lesbian in real life hahahahahahahahahaha. I saw her do a interview about it on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

I think the best thing for you to do right now would be to suck this drunk alcohol dick.

Banned

this film is being released today on itunes and in select theaters tomorrow as "Love Beats Rhymes"

anyone know if RZA had anything to do with the score or soundtrack to this?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

that sha comment trololo

that slut has std's named after her