1 1.56%

2 3.13%

7 10.94%

9 14.06%

18 28.13%

26 40.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canibus ~ Rip The Jacker

10/10, shit was raw. If you like just straight ill ass-ripping rhymes, then you should like this. I agree Stoupe is a god and should work exclusively with Bis and let Paz rot in his shitty rhymes.
    Only thing i've hated about this album is that Bis has sucked ever since and will never be able to match that album.

-

Garbage album because of the beats. Canibus will never make a good album because he's terrible at choosing tight beats.

-

LOL@album cover hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Canibus shouldn't make a mean face like that because he looks ugly LOL.

if you think the beats on that album are bad what kind of fucking rap do you listen to?

perfect beats for his rhyme style (dont front on genabis and levitabus) and obviously poet laureate II is a 6/5, one of the best ever considering the actual lyric content and shit.. the beat flipping back and forth was dope too.. but since im a jew with my 10s i gave it a 9... cuz as an album i cant rate it the same as 36 chambers, forever, OB4CL etcetcetc.

peace
    live and learn, dont be a bitch

Bis = top 5 dead or alive

fuck what ya heard

I'm surprised so many people think this is an exceptional album. Each to their own though. I gave it a 6/10. The beats are nice, but I think Canibus tackles some of them rather awkwardly. Lyrics are on and off like any of his shit. Like everybody else says, 'Poet Laureate 2' is a classic track. But other than that there's nothing exceptional about this album imo. Though this is by far Canibus' best album beatwise, I think his best performance was on '2000 BC'.

I will never tire of listening to this album. I think Bis is ill as fuck and this is my favourite album from him. From Genabis to Poet Laurette 2 is straight classic. Da one slightly annoying thing is the sped up vocal sample on Indivisible, but thats it. Classic album

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I'm surprised so many people think this is an exceptional album. Each to their own though. I gave it a 6/10. The beats are nice, but I think Canibus tackles some of them rather awkwardly. Lyrics are on and off like any of his shit. Like everybody else says, 'Poet Laureate 2' is a classic track. But other than that there's nothing exceptional about this album imo. Though this is by far Canibus' best album beatwise, I think his best performance was on '2000 BC'.

i thought we established that bis recorded all of the vocals before he even heard any of the beats.

stoupe layered them over the beats...and it is on beat as far as im concerned.

Yeah we did establish that. "Tackles some of them rather awkwardly" was the wrong way to put it. I guess a better way to put it would have been to say that some of the vocal tracks didn't fit well with the beats they were mixed with.

bis is gonna be inconsistent like anything else in the universe, so pointing that out is kinda useless... why i think this album is so good is because on a consistent basis there are clever and thought out rhymes.. and theres very few even decent beats.. most are really good, i think stoupe is as good as rza at sampling, and it shows.

i like rtj more than 2000bc mostly because of poet laureate 2, but when you think in comparison of the beats, rtj definately shines... lyrically, bis is older and wiser, but still keeping the rawness and crazy thought that he was from before... he improved as an mc.

peace
    live and learn, dont be a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Yeah we did establish that. "Tackles some of them rather awkwardly" was the wrong way to put it. I guess a better way to put it would have been to say that some of the vocal tracks didn't fit well with the beats they were mixed with.

there is an interesting interview with bis about that exact thing.

he thought that on the track "Liberal Arts Ft Jedi Mind Tricks" from the Mic Club album, that stoupe had synced it wrong, and it wasnt on beat (listen to the track and you'll know what he means)

and he said that on "Rip The Jacker" stoupe had done is properly and payed attention to it especially. to me it sounds fine, and bis is on beat throughout the album. i havent listened to it for a while, ill pay attention to it next time.

^^does serious jones have a album out, or is that a preview cover in yo sig?

And when did this canibus album come out?
    The dealer of hope is selling me lies
    Reasons to live are reasons to die, in disguise
    This life was never mine, the rivers never ran
    Cross your arms, its too late for helping hands
    Spit your pity elsewhere, there's no sympathy needed
    For one who's never alive, for one who's never completed (Bigot Hitman)
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...=25482&page=61

Veteran Member

First Canibus shit i ever heard was Poet Laureate II and Genabis, and that alone turned me to hip hop and music on general. Invincible shit

Whoever doesn't like Stoupe's beats should pick up Violent by Design and shut their fucking mouth.

Canibus comes correct.

9/10

Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    there is an interesting interview with bis about that exact thing.

he thought that on the track "Liberal Arts Ft Jedi Mind Tricks" from the Mic Club album, that stoupe had synced it wrong, and it wasnt on beat (listen to the track and you'll know what he means)

and he said that on "Rip The Jacker" stoupe had done is properly and payed attention to it especially. to me it sounds fine, and bis is on beat throughout the album. i havent listened to it for a while, ill pay attention to it next time.
    If Canibus wants to avoid that type of shit he should make more of an effort to get together with the producer so it don't happen again.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man