Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: European refugee crisis

{>____<}

Freedom is a human right. The neighboring countries should accept individuals from war torn countries. It's called generosity and a compassion for human life. Support the ones who're searching for a better life.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

war torn countries....

they need to stop tearing up countries with war.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
    war torn countries....

they need to stop tearing up countries with war.
    Well, you and I both know that will never happen. It's the business of war. Innocent people will die and people will flee to survive.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Well, you and I both know that will never happen. It's the business of war. Innocent people will die and people will flee to survive.
    forever ?

The West should just let Assad be. Syrian army could beat ISIS and Al Nusra, but instead of that NATO and American militarists are afraid of russian naval base in port of Tartus, and ofc the Gulf countries are pushing hard for that Qatari pipeline that has to go through Syrian teritory.

Countries in continental Europe are flooded with refugees also.

PRODIGAL SUN

lmfao well all the white folk better get the fuck outta Australia and leave it to the aboriginal natives then.

Veteran Member

Look at the title of this thread - "European refugee crisis". Is that title accurate?

'

This dumb bitch finally closed the German borders after realizing winter is coming and they dont have sufficient housing, food, and medical services for all their new arrivals.

Let progressive women lead your countries lol.

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Look at the title of this thread - "European refugee crisis". Is that title accurate?

good point

I'd say it's more of a tragedy for the refugees than the Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post
    This dumb bitch finally closed the German borders after realizing winter is coming and they dont have sufficient housing, food, and medical services for all their new arrivals.

I wouldn't call her progressive

I wouldn't call her dumb

I wouldn't call her a woman either, come to think of it lol

a lot of Germans still feel a historical guilt for what happened in WWII. mainstream German politicians, especially in the catholic party, feel they have to shake off that image - for years to come

trust me, it's as much about PR as it is about being humane

there are those in Germany who are willing to splash cash on this (which is ironic considering Germany's stern stance on the financial crisis in Greece that still looms large over Europe)

I'm not necessarily saying there's such a thing as a bad motive for taking care of refugees here

I'm just saying it's something to factor in

lately there have been a few cases of arson (refugee homes being targeted by civilians) throughout Europe. a place that was to house refugees in Sweden soon went up in flames today. there have been other such instances in Germany for example

personally I'm all for providing a safe haven for refugees, whether it be at my place, in my city or in my country. at the same time European countries should make a bigger military effort in Syria to both bring down Assad and take out IS

Russia has the advantage of not having to compromise and of having its own army (lacking in both these departments is the tragedy of the European Union, which is still largely an economical and a somewhat social union after all these years). Russia has gone in already and is clearly aiming for a Realpolitik solution in trying to split up the countries into two parts : one for Assad (with the Russian naval base!) and one for IS

Russia has been bombing Syria for days, claiming to take out IS but actually it has been taking out other rebel groups that are threatening Assad

back to the refugee problem, to give you an idea of the challenges we are facing in Europe in trying to provide care for the refugees, here are some examples from where I live (Belgium) :

*mayors seemingly treating the refugees like prisoners (handing in phones etc.) and getting in trouble for it (being called out by the government and the press)

*villages of 130 people housing over 600 refugees (we are talking about places like defunct army bases and abandoned holiday parks that are located in very small places)

in the Netherlands there have been small riots when mayors announced cities and villages would take care of refugees

in Germany some guy nearly killed a woman running for mayor of Köln (Cologne), she has since - no surprise - won the elections on the strength of people's indignation over this attack that was inspired by the attacker's hatred for immigrants (the soon to be mayor used be responsible for immigration in Cologne)
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post

They failed to realise the seriousness of the situation. Reason why the EU is now trying to bribe Turkey into stopping the flow of refugees.

More will come, with the Russians bombing the rebels and the Syrian army advancing on Aleppo more will flee the city. Another million possibly, so the situation will worsen. More refugees just stokes anti-muslim rhetoric in Europe. There is no solution, the handling of the Syrian war and the refugee crisis is a great example of clumsy diplomacy and bad leadership from everyone involved.

I mean the Kurds the Germans and Americans armed to fight ISIS also just happened to flatten Arab and Turkmen villages in Northern Syria, literally wiping them off the map so they could land grab which is a war crime as Amnesty International reported. Nobody knows what they are doing.

why is the EU so afraid to include Turkey into their organization?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybarz View Post
    why is the EU so afraid to include Turkey into their organization?
    Becuase they're muslims !

This is why Turkey, has been moving away, from Europe and looking towards, Arab/Muslim countries. Maybe Hanzo could speak on it more.

Edit: I should have said the Turkish government, IMO most of the Turkish youth, hate Erdoğan and love Western culture. This also applies to Iran as well.

besides being muslim, I heard something about them having more control due to their enormous size (compared to other European countries). they already have the second biggest army in NATO, behind only the U.S. for what it's worth, Turkey might be the most liberal muslim country on earth. its citizens seem well-educated, as do Iranian citizens. Qatar is on its way of becoming the cultural center of the Muslim world, so they may be in the picture also...they're the ones buying billions and billions of dollars worth of art in hopes of opening up an art museum that will surpass all other modern art museums

anyway, this refugee thread didn't need to be this long. just post John Oliver's report from his HBO show. he nails it

There should be a thread named 'European crisis' that includes this topic, greek debt, war in Ukraine, everlasting Balkan crisis and other euro-issues.

I'll type some Iran-related posts later.