Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NWA's MC Ren hits out after being omitted from 'Straight Outta Compton' trailer

Default NWA's MC Ren hits out after being omitted from 'Straight Outta Compton' trailer

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.34195/ti...ovie-promotion

"MC Ren made a series of social media posts today (June 10) regarding the promotion of Straight Outta Compton, the forthcoming film on N.W.A that is due in theaters August 14.

"Man fuck these bitches at universal pictures leaving me out the movie trailers tryin to rewrite history,"*MC Ren*writes on Twitter.

MC Ren, who with Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and DJ Yella was a member of N.W.A, is not depicted in the trailers.

The trailers focus on Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, and Ice Cube. The trailers also feature Ruthless Records executive and N.W.A manger Jerry Heller, but do not focus on either MC Ren or DJ Yella.

DJ Yella*produced N.W.A’s material with Dr. Dre.

MC Ren was one of*N.W.A’s main rappers and has been name-dropped in songs by several rappers, including OutKast on “Aquemini.”He also wrote some of Eazy-E’s lyrics.

"When you have bitches work on a hip hop film that don't know shit about hip hop this is what happens. How the hell u leave me out after all,” MC Ren writes, "The work I put into them records. It's disrespectful to me, my family and most of all my FANS.”

MC Ren’s posts are as follows, as are photos of the vinyl of N.W.A's*Straight Outta Compton*and Eazy-E's*Eazy-Duz-It*albums, which highlight MC Ren's writing credits as a member of N.W.A and for Eazy-E."

I agree entirely with MC Ren. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed MC Ren and DJ Yella being largely excluded from the trailer and a "trio" being emphasized, when Ren and Yella were just as responsible for N.W.A's success, as the members who managed to excell within their solo careers. Ren was a staple in NWA with rhyming and overall lyric writing for himself, Dre and Eazy (with the DOC assisting in Dre and Eazy lyrics), especially when he assumed head role within the group for 100 Miles and Runnin' and Niggaz4Life. MC Ren should get the credit he deserves. Without NWA, there would have been no major solo career launches for Cube, Dre, and Eazy.

Last edited by Dark Matter; 06-13-2015 at 10:36 AM.

mc ren needs to stop being a sensitive bitch and realize that to the larger audience cube & dre, possibly eazy e have larger name recognition

it's a fucking promo campaign

sensitive thugs need hugs smh
    Retired.

This isn't showcasing Cube, Dre, and Eazy's impact on Hip Hop and general society though, it's about NWA. Ren and Yella were just as vital in the impactfulness of NWA as a unit, and regardless of how many people their names will draw into the theater, they deserve recognition by being credited for their roles within the group when the group is being represented as the main focus of the movie. It's not that hard to display two more names in large, bold font to give a clear and accurate overview of NWA as a unit.
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 06-13-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    mc ren needs to stop being a sensitive bitch and realize that to the larger audience cube & dre, possibly eazy e have larger name recognition

it's a fucking promo campaign

sensitive thugs need hugs smh
    True.

MC Ren needs to tuck in his dick like Bruce/Caityn Jenner.

CB4 >>>>>>>>

lol

IMO Ice Cube and Dre was the real N.W.A, with Easy E just ghost writing his way to fame ahahaha. It's no coincidence though, that these 3 went on to have high profile careers. TBH I always found M.C Ren to be meh/boring....and what is a Yellaboy ahahahaha JK

Question: Which members of Wu, would be omitted from a Wu tang movie trailer lol ???
    Last edited by zooruka; 06-14-2015 at 02:21 AM.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

U god, because he is the most universally shitted on member.

U-God is so underrated. Just peep his Triumph and It's Yours verses.

-

MC Ren has the right to be upset about not being shown in the previews but he shouldn't be too upset about it. NWA fans are gonna see the movie and they know what his contribution was to the group. So they probably could care less that he's not being shown in the previews. I'm a fan of his and he's my favorite rapper in the group. So I'm not upset that he hasn't been shown in the previews. I expected the guys who are playing Dr Dre, Ice Cube and Eazy E to be shown more in the previews than him because those guys are the most popular. MC Ren is a very good rapper and he's better than Dr Dre and Eazy E. I think MC Ren and Ice Cube are tied lyrically because they're very good.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

The guy that's playing MC Ren, his name is Aldis Hodge and he played on Leverage tv show with Timothy Hutton that came on TNT.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    U-God is so underrated. Just peep his Triumph and It's Yours verses.
    agreed

wonder what the inside politics behind this is

-

MC Ren is a funny guy. He makes me laugh with his lyrics on Fuck What Ya Heard song when he said he say, she say, who gives a fuck what they say LOL. Screaming out that mayday. That shit is going my way. Niggas can't believe that I'm so much of a g cause I don't let stinky bitches sit up under me hahahahahahahahahaha. Like you niggas out there who swear ya'll can scrap. Get your ass kicked makes you wanna try to rap LOL. Sprung on a ho LOL. Yo smoking on your weed. Fucking with a bitch that you really don't need LOL. He also made me laugh on You Wanna Fuck Her song when he said the bitch thinks she's a star. Still rides the bus, can't afford a fucking car LOL. Thinks she's the shit. Needs a foot up the ass LOL. You stinky stinky bitch, get a new bus pass hahahahahahahahahaha.

He has a funny skit before his song Right Up My Alley comes on on Kiss My Black Azz album when he's talking to a friend who's a drug dealer. MC Ren said what up Bob nigga. His friend said chilling loc, trying to make them ends. I'm about to go serve these muthafucking smokers in the alley LOL. MC Ren said right right right LOL. His friend said why don't you bare with me loc? MC Ren said you got it, let's go up here. So they start walking up the alley and his friend said hey ain't that them punk ass niggas I told to get up outta here? MC Ren said there go some punk ass muthafuckas over there yeah hahahahahahahahahaha. His friend said hey I told ya'll muthafuckas to get up outta here and the guy said this ain't your muthafucking set nigga. So while his friend and the other guys are arguing, MC Ren said chill out dawg, chill out dawg LOL. His friend said hey check this out nigga and he shoots the guy. His friend starts kicking the guy while he's on the ground and he said when I tell you to get up outta here now, you get up outta here nigga LOL. MC Ren said let's raise up nigga, let's raise up LOL. They start running down the alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    This isn't showcasing Cube, Dre, and Eazy's impact on Hip Hop and general society though, it's about NWA. Ren and Yella were just as vital in the impactfulness of NWA as a unit, and regardless of how many people their names will draw into the theater, they deserve recognition by being credited for their roles within the group when the group is being represented as the main focus of the movie. It's not that hard to display two more names in large, bold font to give a clear and accurate overview of NWA as a unit.
    They will be credited when people actually see the movie. The trailer is part of the marketing, you headline the big hitters because that's how you pull in a mass audience.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

-

I agree.

-

MC Ren has another funny skit on The Villain In Black album before the song Live From Compton Saturday Night comes on. He's talking to Hutch of Above The Law on the telephone and here's what was said. Hutch said yo nigga pick up the phone. It's Hutch man. MC Ren said what time is it man? Hutch said I don't know. I'm just calling to see what's going down. MC Ren said I'm about to rest dawg. Hutch said it's Saturday and you talking about rest. MC Ren said I was up at that muthafucking studio all night. Hutch said man fuck that studio shit LOL. Let's go get some bitches, some 40's, let's do something hahahahahahahahahaha. MC Ren said fuck what you talking about and he hung up on him LOL. Hutch said yo Ren. Yo Ren. Aww a nigga gon hang up on a nigga and shit LOL.