Thread: The average American woman now weighs as much as a 1960s man

Default The average American woman now weighs as much as a 1960s man

Why do you think that is?

the article does a good job at explaining it ^^

my only problem is they talk too much about caloric intake and don't put any emphasis on how the average person's activity level has changed which I think is more to blame

people were way more active in the 70's, no videogames, laptops or smartphones. Less office jobs I would assume.
    if you're active enough then caloric intake isn't a big factor, you can eat krispy crème donuts and lose weight

I think it's a combo of both. The average woman dress size keeps getting bigger and bigger. Pretty soon Melissa Mccarthy will be seen as an 'average sized' woman. It also doesn't help things when father slime types refer to very obese women as 'thick'.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

I get what yall are saying. But diet and exercise are more popular than ever and are some of the biggest industries in America. But yet America is probably the most obese country in the world.

BBW's are cherished in the US.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Their not cherished as much as cute slim women. Some men settle for fat ugly women because they can't get cute slim women LOL. I would never date a fat woman.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

I will never date a real woman.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    It also doesn't help things when father slime types refer to very obese women as 'thick'.
    Ahahahahahahahah

Add Cited to this group aswell.

Banned

Fast food society, literally and figuratively. People are "too busy" to cook for themselves and shitty food, some of it barely passing for food, is advertised everywhere and cheaper. Plus Mumm Ra and check two are right, people aren't as active as they used to be and obesity is being accepted as normal.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I get what yall are saying. But diet and exercise are more popular than ever and are some of the biggest industries in America. But yet America is probably the most obese country in the world.
    a lot of people are misled by what we refer to here as 'light' food items which maybe in the US are referred to as diet food items. I saw a documentary a while back saying that in the 70s the government put more restrictions on the food industry and as a response the industry created the light food industry which just has other bullshit in it that was not regulated by the government. thus not only did they create a new niche market which soon boomed, but they were also able to create new food items at a pretty low price which they could set in the market with a relatively high price since these were new exclusive products that supposedly promoted a different lifestyle

imo this is the real beginning of where people started to base a part of their individual identity on the food they eat. these days food seems like the new religion with vegans, vegetarians, all kinds of diet lines etc

there are a lot of people out there too who only focus on the food they eat and forget about healthy exercise (cuz conveniently you'd have to put in work and time). I don't wanna come off as some know it all at all cuz I'm guilty of this as well. I have been dealing with fluctuating weight for years now to the point it's become pretty unhealthy but I got back on track with a new morning workout routine recently so we'll see where that leads
    Retired.