Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge ft. Vince Staples – Get The Money

Default Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge ft. Vince Staples – Get The Money

Dope. The concept is wack though, same as the 1st 1. I'd rather have a free-flow album like Ironman or Supreme Clientele, that doesn't get boring after 1 listen e.g. 12RTD.

nice backdrop that could have fit on Fishscale imo, serviceable chorus, staples comes correct

ghost sounding like ghost on a concept album, no surprises. I was hoping all of the remaining dilucas - persistent bastards, aren't they - would die in the album intro so ghost could rap about something else but alas this is not the Dr Dooom kind of album
    Retired.

Wu-Veteran

Yea honestly...bad move for Ghost IMO. 36 Seasons was practically another 12rtd...Sour Soul in the same vein...then this? Playing it out right now..

What happened to Wu Block 2? Thats more what the ppl want..And how about a Ghostface album thats got more updated production on it? Like some Harry Fraud, Araab Muzik type of shit..just switch it up a bit..cuz the younger ppl dont dig this live band shit for the most part. Swift & Changeable & SC2 still comin so i know he gonna deliver..in the meantime..get those new fans..Just my 2 cents.

Peace CT

Nah 12RTD 2 over Wu Block 2 all day. Ghost was so dumbed down on Wu Block album. N the beats were borderline generic. Peace

EXTREME WEIRDO

Damn Ghostface WTF?
    Ghost is running his legacy with this run…..dude hadn't made a wack album now he's made 4, i don't care what anyone says try and name me the standout tracks from these live albums…you're struggling….soft beats and run of the mill rhymes….Ghost is phoning this stuff in….the BADBAD joint was better but these and 36 seasons suck.

And these hooks??? gotdamn…Shawn Wiggs again Ghost? i aint think you smoked no more so dude aint even carrying your weed…no excuses

Somebody kill these DeLucas before i do it……

same she every line

"i want to crush their skulls, rape they wives, murder they children"

WE GET IT GHOST….….WAKE THE FUCK UP ALREADY AND GO HARD.

12rtd is a top wu-legacy album every in my opinion. I love it. 12rtd2 is on point as fuck so far too!

I was not a fan of Sour Soul or 36 season at all.. but i'm loving this new record

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

very original title

i wasn't a big fan of "36 Seasons", but LOVED "12 Reasons to Die" both original and Brown Tape version (probably Apollo Brown's best work yet imo). "Sour Soul" was cool...

what i don't get is the level of complaints about Ghostface on here. when "12RTD" dropped and i put it as the #1 album of the year i had probably listened to it 30 times without being bothered by simplistic lyrics. instead the stories and the music drew me in. it ain't like there's some extreme intricate David Lynch script, but it's a cool little action flick done in a comic book type of style - which suits Ghost well.... now i fully agree that he's level of rhyming is quite far from "Ironman", "Supreme Clientele" and "Bulletproof Wallets"... but he's still got one of the absolute dopest voices in hip-hop, and in case you haven't noticed his voice sounds mad better on here than on "Fishscale", "Pretty Toney Album" bc he sounds like the first trilogy and the Wu albums bc RZA has pitched his voice to the spot he recognizes it shall be in. people forget that RZA is a major part in these projects.

so Ghostfae still has an ill fucking flow, he got a crazy good voice, he got better beats than on anything he dropped since "Fishscale" 10 years ago, and people still find a way to complain about the lyrics. and yes they are too simplistic for Ghost, but I'd take this over sleepy "Pro Tools" GZA any day of the week... still i understand that we have a certain level of expectations when it comes to emcees like Ghost, Nas and Rakim but even at their worst they are better than most.

as for the track, another banger, glad they used Vince Staples on there.. dope emcee, who just dropped his official debut album yesterday btw. link at Lost Tapes.

now for my criticism, reusing the concept from the first "12 Reasons" is lame. the story was finished at Part 1, Tony Starks had avenged his death at the hands of the DeLucas family and should therefore be able to rest in peace. they should have come up with something competely new for this one... Still Adrian Younge is definitely one of the hottest producers out there, i love the way he produces - using live instrumentation in the exact same way as a sampler. He and/or his band Venice Dawn plays instruments directly into the sampler he uses and produces like any other sample based hip hop producer
    Last edited by claaa7; 06-24-2015 at 06:06 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionBubbla View Post
    Damn Ghostface WTF?
    Ghost is running his legacy with this run…..dude hadn't made a wack album now he's made 4, i don't care what anyone says try and name me the standout tracks from these live albums…you're struggling….soft beats and run of the mill rhymes….Ghost is phoning this stuff in….the BADBAD joint was better but these and 36 seasons suck.

And these hooks??? gotdamn…Shawn Wiggs again Ghost? i aint think you smoked no more so dude aint even carrying your weed…no excuses

Somebody kill these DeLucas before i do it……

same she every line

"i want to crush their skulls, rape they wives, murder they children"

WE GET IT GHOST….….WAKE THE FUCK UP ALREADY AND GO HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    i wasn't a big fan of "36 Seasons", but LOVED "12 Reasons to Die" both original and Brown Tape version (probably Apollo Brown's best work yet imo). "Sour Soul" was cool...

what i don't get is the level of complaints about Ghostface on here. when "12RTD" dropped and i put it as the #1 album of the year i had probably listened to it 30 times without being bothered by simplistic lyrics. instead the stories and the music drew me in. it ain't like there's some extreme intricate David Lynch script, but it's a cool little action flick done in a comic book type of style - which suits Ghost well.... now i fully agree that he's level of rhyming is quite far from "Ironman", "Supreme Clientele" and "Bulletproof Wallets"... but he's still got one of the absolute dopest voices in hip-hop, and in case you haven't noticed his voice sounds mad better on here than on "Fishscale", "Pretty Toney Album" bc he sounds like the first trilogy and the Wu albums bc RZA has pitched his voice to the spot he recognizes it shall be in. people forget that RZA is a major part in these projects.

so Ghostfae still has an ill fucking flow, he got a crazy good voice, he got better beats than on anything he dropped since "Fishscale" 10 years ago, and people still find a way to complain about the lyrics. and yes they are too simplistic for Ghost, but I'd take this over sleepy "Pro Tools" GZA any day of the week... still i understand that we have a certain level of expectations when it comes to emcees like Ghost, Nas and Rakim but even at their worst they are better than most.

as for the track, another banger, glad they used Vince Staples on there.. dope emcee, who just dropped his official debut album yesterday btw. link at Lost Tapes.

now for my criticism, reusing the concept from the first "12 Reasons" is lame. the story was finished at Part 1, Tony Starks had avenged his death at the hands of the DeLucas family and should therefore be able to rest in peace. they should have come up with something competely new for this one... Still Adrian Younge is definitely one of the hottest producers out there, i love the way he produces - using live instrumentation in the exact same way as a sampler. He and/or his band Venice Dawn plays instruments directly into the sampler he uses and produces like any other sample based hip hop producer
    Like I told you before my friend. they're skinny jean wearing bitches.

If they don't like Ghost new shit, then they should not be listening to it. Even funnier thing is 90% of the people complaining probably didn't purchase any of that shit anyway.

Everything Ghost has dropped in the last 3 years has been dope. simple as that.
    Last edited by Origin™; 06-24-2015 at 07:29 AM.

EXTREME WEIRDO

Thats funny because i got Ironman the day it came out in fact i got Protect Ya Neck on white label test press long before that was in the shops I'm old man rap.

anyway that doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid than anyone else's and in my opinion Ghost has lost his style and lost his lyrics in all these albums. Theres no heart in any of it and Ghostface was always the MC with the biggest heart. Theres a few moments here and there but thats all, a few moments.

But i got hope for SC2.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionBubbla View Post
    Thats funny because i got Ironman the day it came out in fact i got Protect Ya Neck on white label test press long before that was in the shops I'm old man rap.

anyway that doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid than anyone else's and in my opinion Ghost has lost his style and lost his lyrics in all these albums. Theres no heart in any of it and Ghostface was always the MC with the biggest heart. Theres a few moments here and there but thats all, a few moments.

But i got hope for SC2.
    I do understand your point on it man.

At the end of the day I guess it just comes down to you can't please everybody.

Some will love it, some will hate it.

You really don't like that 36 season album? That shit was real dope to me.

Loved the first 12 Reasons, love the 2 songs I've heard so far from the sequel. That being said I hated the Apollo Brown remix tape.

The hook sounds great. Ghost came correct too

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)