Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Knights

3 27.27%
  • North Star

8 72.73%

Thread: Best Debut - Black Knights vs. North Star

Default Best Debut - Black Knights vs. North Star

both of these albums were released during a period where i had gone kind of estranged from the Wu for a few years and when i finally returned and went back and checked out the releases i had missed out on, i never gave these 2 a chance. now i listened to the Black Knights album "Every Night is A Black Knight" a couple of weeks back and thought it had dope verses by Doc Doom, dissapointing apperances by Holocaust, and whatver verses from Monk... but what really tuned me off from it was the generic production, save for a few joints (including RZA's lone contribution which is actualy really good) I don't ever want to hear this album again.

with all the Christ Bearer hoopla lately i actually went back and checked out the Bobby Digital Presents North Star album and while it's not outstanding it got enough hot joints to justify it's existence. Armand Van Helden delivers two bangers with "Luv Allah" and "Nuttin", featuring Dom Pachino, 9th Prince and Tekitha, respectively. i used to bang some of AVH's house music back in the day, has he had any other placements on hip-hop albums? on the flip side of that it has one of the worst RZA produced tracks ever with "See Me", featuring Free Murder. it is hardly a disc i will be revisiting much but it is a much coherrent album than the Black Knights disc and it also does a much better job at combining a West Coast sound with a Wu-Tang vibe.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

lol @ "See Me" and "Destiny" though.. these 2 are probably RZA's worst productions ever.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

this also felt out of place on the Black Knights album to me, though Holocaust delivered

as far as I know these are the only hiphop tracks Armand Van Helden ever produced. too bad really

as for your question I tend to agree with you: Northstar debut (but a few beats are less than stellar) > Black Knights debut (suffered from some generic beats). but it's been a long while since I listened to the Knights' first album. the Frusciante produced Black Knights albums are really good as is the CB EP 'Jesus Christbearer Superstar'

have you checked any of the 71Raw or Anthai solo projects? I'd recommend those, especially the Anthai EP 'Beats Behind Bars'
    Retired.

nada ignorante

Northstar
    N.I.

Banned

i voted black knights because i was thinking Medieval

When did black knights release an album? What was it called?

I have a bootleg titled 'every night is a black knight', but I didn't think it was a proper album.

Northstar all day!!!
    I actually liked "See Me" Rza's attempt to make west coast beats worked IMO.
    The reason why was CHRISTBEARERS flow, the way he rides beats is a stand out
    "Destiny" was lackluster but again CB stole the show
    Allah Math's beats we're all bangers, this was before he switched his style
    This album I had on steady rotation..
    As for the black knights...smh..
    They should have stuck to Rza , Skarekrow, and Allah Math..
    I was so disappointed...
    They have a sequel to that album on their bandcamp
    Snypa LG

Northstar album.

some great tracks, and some terrible ones but all in all. I enjoy bumpin this album. Crazy is a dope track.

Black Knights album I got off that shitty Chambermusic site a few years back, big time regret. while its nice to have, album was a let down. could have been something great but fell short

i wish Rza would just let go of that black knights of the north star album he is sitting on

I have a playlist that I bump on my iPod that is a mix of the two albums plus some other Black Knights and North Star joints...

Black Knights Of The North Star (Playlist)

01. Punishment feat. Holocaust
    02. Fatal Sting
    03. 4 Sho Sho feat. RZA
    04. Zip Code
    05. Duck Lo
    06. Howling Wolves feat. Shogun Assason & Holocaust
    07. Red Rum feat. Shacronz, Mikey Jarret & Sho Shot
    08. Nuttin' feat. 9th Prince & Dom Pachino
    09. Duckie
    10. Almighty Black Knights feat. Holocaust
    11. 40'z & Blunt'z feat. Holocaust
    12. Terrorist feat. Killarmy & Holocaust
    13. Rollin' feat. Bobby Digital
    14. Street War feat. Holocaust
    15. Crunch Time feat. Holocaust
    16. Black Knights Of The North Star

17. Black Knights, North Star, Holocaust & RZA - 14 minute Freestyle

This shit bangs!!!

It still baffles me to this day what happened to Holocaust!! He was absolutely dope as FUCK in 98/99... every verse he dropped was fuckin' crazy, he killed it on Dirty Weaponry, the Swarm, Silkworm, Terrorist, Howling Wolves, 40'z & Blunt'z, etc.

What the fuck happened?!!! Dudes whole voice, flow, style, everything changed!!!

Peace!
    Last edited by Pattch82; 07-02-2015 at 03:11 PM.

^ looks good homie.. it baffles me to about Holocaust, always has. i know a lot of people like his later stuff, but to me he's pretty much unlistenable... when RZA first started pushing Black Knights / North Star though?! God damn, all the albums and songs you mentioned plus all those early freestyles... he was a serious problem!

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Holocaust/Warcloud has rampant drug abuse issues, keeps getting locked up, is surrounded by people who have no good intentions for him and his biggest issue I believe is that many other emcees feel threatened by him and just are unwilling to get on a track with him because they know that they will be decimated. He destroys anybody else on a track

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    When did black knights release an album? What was it called?

I have a bootleg titled 'every night is a black knight', but I didn't think it was a proper album.
    that's the one we're talking about (I think, lol)
    Retired.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

The Northstar album is the lesser of two evils, I always liked "Luv Allah" and "Ballin", black knights album as everyone mentioned had wack production, Doc Doom was the only one spitting heat and Holocaust sounded out of place " Smack this bitch", "Almighty black Knights" .