Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Album Stream] Ghostface - "12 Reasons to Die II"

Default [Album Stream] Ghostface - "12 Reasons to Die II"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Shaolin Master

I like it...I just wish some of the tracks were longer

Raekwon fucking KILLED IT!!!
    so ill to hear several tracks of Rae and Ghost going back and forth in full storytelling mode. the production is heavy too... need to listen more, and while the story isn't too exciting this album will get many spins

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

standouts??

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic Hispanic View Post
    standouts??
    The beats are phenomenal the whole way through, but these 2 stood out for me lyrically:

King of NY
    Deaths Invitation

Shaolin Master

Powerful One (Awesome opener. I wish this were a long er song),Return Of The Savage (This is def. a 12 reason to die pt 2 banger. Feels like a good track to put on the sequel to such an album), Rise Up (Great showing from the young talent), Get The Money (Same with this song. Good to see that Ghost let the younger guys shine), Death's Invitation (I like that they did something different with this track. I wish there were more like it), Let The Record Spin (I like this track better within the context of this album. As a stand alone track it's just ok, in my opinion), Blackout, Life's A Rebirth (One of the best endings for a concept album of this nature, in my opinion). The tracks I didn't mention, either sounded weak to me or I just felt that although I don't hate the track I don't love it either. They're just so/so for me.
    Last edited by dapo; 07-03-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Old School

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Raekwon fucking KILLED IT!!!
    so ill to hear several tracks of Rae and Ghost going back and forth in full storytelling mode. the production is heavy too... need to listen more, and while the story isn't too exciting this album will get many spins
    Agreed on all. VERY impressed with Raekwon on this.

nada ignorante

Only listened halfway through and its already better than the first.
    N.I.

Banned

heres another reason to die if a man cuts you of ribs..and that nigga got famous

EXTREME WEIRDO

The best of Ghosts 4 "live" albums and thats a lot of credit to Raekwon on this, and better beats. Blackout is toughhhhh.
    Still think that Ghost is pretty one dimensional on these and don't even get me started on the Shawn Wigs hooks.

After 1 listen: nothing special, just like the 1st. Can't remember 1 single song. Those live drums sound hollow. I miss those dirty RZA drums from back in the day. Still waiting for Supreme Clientele Part II & the Doom/Starks project, hoping for sample-based, gritty beats, which Ghost sounds the best on.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

this album bangs hard

CORNED BEEF CUNT

i agree about the drums but regardless the beats on this go hard and are way betteer than the 1st one. This album is damn near 5/5 for me.

Veteran Member

Boring beats, a couple of beats are alright, album is way to jazzy for me

Beats are far from boring lol......

Ya'll need to stop listening to shit on mono ear buds and invest in a decent sound system..

Yes music is subjective, I just don't see how people can listen to this album and not hear what I'm hearing..

Adrian Younge is killing it lately.. Every beat on this piece of work is great. The album is coherent all the way through. The story throughout is great. The features... THE FEATURES... Best Rae has sounded since Cuban Linx II.