Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The '90s Posse Cut...

Default The '90s Posse Cut...

The posse cut was a big thing in the early to mid '90s, probably since The Juice Crew killed competition with "The Symphony". at one point everyone pretty much had a posse cut on their album, like today the guest features are spread out throughout an album - back then you would often see 12 solo tracks and one posse cut featuring a mad amount of rappers. there's a lot of slept on posse cuts, so let's start to post some golden ones that a lot of people today might have missed.

^ the late, great Heavy D managed to get together Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Grand Puba, Q-Tip, Pete Rock and CL Smooth over a banging Soul Brother production in 1991. strangely this cut is pretty slept on... this was also the very first time Pete Rock ever rhymed on a record.

^ another slamming posse cut initiated in Mt. Vernon, this time DJ Eddie F of The Untouchables. released in 1994, this cut features not only 2Pac and Notorious BIG, but also Heavy D, Grand Puba and Spunk Bigga.

^ Stricly Roots only album featured this banger with Fat Joe Da Gangsta, Grand Puba (the posse cut king) and DJ Chill Will. released in 1995.

^ the D&D AllStars got together for the D&D compilation in 1995. Produced by DJ Premier this banger has verses from Fat Joe, Jeru The Damaja, Mad Lion, KRS-One, Doug E. Fresh and Smif-N-Wessun. Shit!

keep them coming... also this makes me realize i need to put together a Grand Puba compilation ASAP, damn that guy killed it between 1990 and 1995. both his first albums are dope too (third was TRASH tho)...

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

I like Heavy D's Don't Curse song and D&D All Stars song is tight. You forgot about EPMD's Crossover song with K-Solo and Redman, A Tribe Called Quest and Leaders Of The New School's Scenario song, EPMD's Symphony 2000 song with Redman, Method Man and Lady Luck, Jay-Z, Beanie Siegel, Sauce Money and The Lox's Reservoir Dogs song, Puff Daddy, The Lox, Little Kim and Notorious Big's All About The Benjamins, Busta Rhymes Flipmode Squad Meets Def Squad, Noreaga, The Lox, Camron, Big Pun's Banned From TV, Amil, Memphis Bleek, Beanie Siegel and Jay-Z's 4 Da Fam. When Fat Joe said on D&D All Stars song, bring it on if you think you can hang and if not then let me do my thing. Jay-Z sampled that on Bring It On song on Reasonable Doubt album.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Banned

Cession at the doghille

Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

Thanks for posting that. That's a nice jam and I love Smif and Wessun's Da Shinin album. I love the songs Wontime, Sound Bwoy Burreil, Bucktown and Let's Get It On that they had videos for. It's really a shame the albums they did after that suck LOL. I got their The Rude Awakening album when they changed their name to Cocoa Brovaz and I was disappointed. I only liked 3 songs on there that they had videos for which were Won On Won, Black Trump and Spanish Harlem.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

produced by easy mo bee

run-dmc / cl smooth & pete rock

theres also a version with Common Sense too

-

I wouldn't call Run DMC's Down With The King a posse cut because a lot of rappers didn't rap on it. Same thing goes for Das EFX and Mobb Deep's Microphone Master remix. I like those songs but when Claaa7 says 90's posse songs, he's talking about songs that have had a lot of rappers on them. LL Cool J, Method Man, Redman, DMX and Canibus 4,3,2,1 is a posse song. Masta Ace's Saturday Nite Live is a posse song. Kool G Rap, Geto Boys and Ice Cube's 2 To The Head is a posse song. Mack 10 did a couple of posse songs on his The Recipe album with the rappers that were on his Hoo Bangin record label. I forgot the names of the songs but I have The Recipe. MC Eiht, Redman and Spice 1's Nothin But The Gangsta is a posse song. Jayo Felony, Method Man and DMX's Whatcha Gonna Do is a posse song. Ray Luv, Mac Mall and Young Lay's All About My Fetti is a posse song. Naughty By Nature, Rottin Razkals, Cruddy Click and Road Dawgs Klickow Klickow is a posse song.

Keep the loot in Iraq, Iraq see the world the world see Iraq!

Banned

Okay, not necessarily the slept on posse cuts but these are dope AF since no one really responding to this thread

Black Moon feat Smif-N-Wessun- Dru Ha & Havoc - U Da Man

Heltah Skeltah feat O.G.C. - Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka

Main Source feat Nas, Fatal & Akinyele - Live At The BBQ

DMX feat The Lox & Mase - Niggaz Done Started Something

Westside Connection feat AllFrumTha I, Komrades and K-Dee - Hoo Bangin WSCG Style

DMX, Nas, Method Man and Ja Rule - Grand Finale

Big L feat Lord Finess, Jay-Z, Party Arty, Grand Daddy IU & Microphone Nut

Big L feat Killa Cam, Buddah Bless, Herb McGruff, Mike Boogie, Terra, Big Twan and Trooper J

Fat Joe feat Nas, Raekwon, Jadakiss and Big Pun - John Blaze

Ruff Ryders feat Snoop Dogg, Yung Wun, Scarface and Jadakiss - WWIII

Lil Jon feat T.I, Bun B, Jadakiss, Nas and Ice Cube - Grand Finale

South Central Cartel feat Spice 1, MC Eiht, Ice-T and 2Pac - Gangsta Team

Tha Luniz feat Shock G, Dru Down, Spice 1, Richie Rich and E-40 - I Got 5 On It Remix

Master P feat Mystikal, Silkk The Shocker, Mia X and Fiend - Make Em Say Ugh

Snoop Dogg feat Tha Eastsidaz, Butch Cassidy, Master P and Nate Dogg - Lay Low
    Last edited by The Hound; 07-15-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

a lot of really good songs in here... here's a few other gems

(2Pac, Method Man, Redman, Kurupt, Daz and Inspectah Deck... whew what a line up!!)

(Diamond D rounds up his DITC fam with Big L, Fat Joe, AG, Lord Finesse on this classic)

(though of course they are a group, this song is one of the best posse tracks of all time - "Day One" by DITC, produced by Diamond.

(Tribe, Brand Nubian and DITC on the same joint... HELL YEAH!!)

(the legendary "Scenario" remix with the Kid Hoods verse)

[youtube]fNfZKBgDmKI/youtube]
    (Geto Boys and pretty much everyone on the Rap-A-Lot roster at the time haha)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Old School

Klickow Klickow - Naughty By Nature, Rottin Razkals, Cruddy Click & Road Dawgs

Lik a Shot - Rottin Razkals, Cruddy Clique, Road Dawgs, Headache, Supreme C, Dueja

This Is To Luke From the Posse - Professor Griff, Lejuan Love, Poison Clan, 2 Live Crew

Old School

I'm the Man - Gangstarr, Jeru tha Damaja, Group Home

Runnin Wit No Breaks - Warren G, Jah Skills, Bo Roc, G Child and The Twinz

Serial Killa - Snoop Dogg, Dogg Pound, RBX, hook by D.O.C.

Roll Wit Tha Flava - Treach, Freddie Foxxx, Chip-Fu, D-Nice, Queen Latifah, Heavy D, Dres

Stranded on Death Row - Dr. Dre, Kurupt, RBX, Snoop, Lady of Rage, with Bushwick Bill (not on youtube)

Close the Crackhouse - Professor X, Chuck D, Wise Intelligent, X-Clan, Digital Underground, Poor Righteous Teachers, Big Daddy Kane, College Boyz, YZ, Freedom Williams

And of course some of the biggest posse cuts served a purpose:

Self Destruction

We're All in the Same Gang (plus there were extended versions of this song)

One of my favs - Showbiz & A.G feat Big L, Deshaun & Lord Finesse

Jesus how much does Big L kill that, everyone has good verses but L just slaughters it

"Coz phoney faggots I froze its a fact I flip fast on foes with fabulous fantastic flows"

"L is the rebel type, fuck a metal pipe coz i could pull skinz on a pedal bike"

RIP

-

Thanks for posting those songs The Hound.

Banned

This one is for you CJ, your favourite rapper Noreaga haha he should've been left off his own track he's mad weak on this. Should've replaced him with DMX since it's a Swizz Beatz joint

Quoting ≠ Agreement.