Thread: ShaDynasty, I Wonder If Shaggy Paid Marvin Gaye's Family For Boombastic Remix

-

Default ShaDynasty, I Wonder If Shaggy Paid Marvin Gaye's Family For Boombastic Remix

Reggae artist Shaggy sampled Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On song on Boombastic remix. You know Marvin's daughter Nona and his family sued Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams for using Marvin's music. So Shaggy better be careful he doesn't get a lawsuit from them LOL. I hope Nona and Marvin's family haven't heard Boombastic hahahahahahahahahaha. EPMD also sampled Marvin's I Want You song on It's Going Down song on Business Never Personal album. I hope Nona and Marvin's family haven't heard that LOL. Erick Sermon did say that he paid Marvin's family for Turn On Some Music song from Marvin's Midnight Love album on Music song. Music is on Erick's album of the same name and it's on What's The Worst That Could Happen soundtrack from the movie with Martin Lawrence and Danny DeVito. I really hate r&b singers that be trying to get paid from rappers sampling their music. They need to stop trying to get some free money because their asses are broke LOL. Ain't nothing wrong with rappers sampling r&b music for free.

I was watching a interview with jazz artist Roy Ayers yesterday on Youtube and he talked about r&b singer Rick James talked to him about he hated MC Hammer for sampling his Superfreak song on You Can't Touch This song. He was mad that MC Hammer didn't pay him for sampling his music and I think Rick filed a lawsuit against him and Rick won. Roy said he doesn't care that rappers sample his music and he said he's been paid by some rappers. He said it's not a big deal if rappers don't wanna pay him for sampling. Roy is gonna be 75 years old on September 10th. Wow he's lived a long time and he's aged well. The interview I saw him was 5 years old because he said he was 70.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Erick Sermon also sampled Marvin's Sexual Healing song on I'm Hot song. He did a video for I'm Hot. Canibus sampled Marvin's After The Dance song on Get Retarded song and Ice Cube sampled a little bit of After The Dance at the beginning of Steady Mobbin song.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.