Thread: Brand Nubian's Slow Down Song Is Funny

-

Default Brand Nubian's Slow Down Song Is Funny

I was laughing at the lyrics by Lord Jamar when he said she's like Tropicana, she's always juicing LOL. Your on the hunt and your plan is to get all you can from a man and scram LOL. I seen your kind before. Your not original. Just a sick messed up individual LOL. Giving up the crotch for a fresh gold watch LOL. Your ways and actions are like that of a savage LOL. If the price is right, any man can have her LOL. Even Monte Hall can have her if his assets are in order LOL. What's sad is that your somebody's daughter. Grand Puba said a 40 and a blunt is all she really wants LOL. What makes a bitch wanna act in this fashion? Pulled more stunts than my man Action Jackson LOL. Honey got a problem with the ends. That means she bends over and then she spreads the skins LOL. Scrub that ass and i'll still pass LOL.

Props to Grand Puba for saying Action Jackson movie with Carl Weathers, Sharon Stone and Vanity. I love Sharon and Vanity and I got it on dvd. When Grand Puba said a 40 and a blunt, Das EFX sampled that on 40 And A Blunt song on Hold It Down album. EPMD sampled Sadat X's voice from Slow Down on Headbanger song when he said yeah headcrack headcrack. It's sad that Brand Nubian's One For All album sucked that has Slow Down. Slow Down is the only song on the album I liked LOL. Can somebody tell me why Grand Puba left the group after their first album? He's a good rapper but his solo albums are terrible LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Man I love the song Slow Down and do believe it is the best song on the album.

But the album has other cool tracks. At least 3 I can name.

All for One is a cool vibe out track. Perhaps my 2nd favorite track.

Wake Up Reprise in the Sunshine has a cool vibe too.

Step to the Rear

But yeah there's some tracks I didn't list because I skip them a lot.

I didn't know Brand Nubian had been sampled in those other hip hop songs. Interesting.

Yeah I didn't really like Grand Puba's solo albums enough to keep them in the ride with me. They always went back on the shelf.

I shelled out money for Brand Nubian - Foundation but not for the puba albums.

I've only recently really discovered Brand Nubian's albums. I'd burned CDs a long while back (3 years or so) but my stack of copied CDs is so high I only got around to listening to their stuff last month. some really good tracks. I need to play the albums some more before I can give an informed opinion. the only member I was familiar with before I listened to them as a group was Sadat X via Everlast/ House Of Pain and Prince Paul. Sadat has a dope delivery

I know Jamar only through his online opinions and his 5% album that had Wu on it

Shaolin Master

Does lord jamar still hate the white man?