Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There are no classic Wu albums without Rza

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I would've loved to have heard Nas on a fully produced and directed RZA album around that time
    I would have loved to hear, a fully RZA produced Canibus album.

Add: Props to the O.G elements, without them, RZA/ Wu tang, wouldn't have been as good as they are.

Banned

Why Canibus? He fits stoupes production so much better. I Would rather Bis replaced Vinnie Paz lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    ^^ A Tribe Called Q-Tip put out four classic albums and couple of Q-Tip's albums are dope but not on the same scale as Wu-Tang.
    Yeah definitely with Tribe it's the very rare exception for groups to do that. Probably the closest you could get was Death Row and Dr Dre
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Why Canibus?
    Canibus is that dude lyrically + I would love to hear him over some 90's raw, unorthodox RZA + elements production.

Its 50/50 yea. But Imo no rappers from the 90's era laid down better verses than the WU.
    The Lyrics are more essential, hell the wu-tang name itself emphasizes the point with the meaning behind the tongue/sword metaphors. The themes, slang and philo they had influenced Rza's production. For example gza rapping about being a "decapitator" and "roundhouse kicks from blackbelts" and "swing swords they all choppable" on an album entitled "Liquid Swords" gave rza the impetus to score the album with Shogun Assassin skits.
    To gauge this better gerneral consensus would probalby pick Nas to own the 90's. He owned that era. I would argue Gza is 1 light year above his level. Rae>Big and so on

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP BLOODSHOT View Post
    would probalby pick Nas to own the 90's. He owned that era. I would argue Gza is 1 light year above his level.
    I think Wu owned the 90's.

I would put the whole Wu, 1 light year above Nas. Yes, Nas was better than them, when he dropped Illmatic, but Wu tang Forever >>>>>> anything Nas has ever done IMO. Nas is one of the G.O.A.T's (no doubt), but his lyric's are "generic" and what I mean by that is...... When Nas rhymes ( No matter how good it is) you can still understand, where as "the click from Shaolin" have mad crazy lyrics, that have dudes still to this day confused, trying to figure it out??? Like Rza said "Niggaz ain't gonna figure it out until the year 2 g" or "Niggaz can't fuck wit these lyrics god" or "Put your lights out and leave your brain inside a fog".

I know that sounds crazy, but IMO Nas' style is simple/generic, when compaired to Wu tang.

That is why Wu tang Clan >>>>>>>>>>>>

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP BLOODSHOT View Post
    Its 50/50 yea. But Imo no rappers from the 90's era laid down better verses than the WU.
    The Lyrics are more essential, hell the wu-tang name itself emphasizes the point with the meaning behind the tongue/sword metaphors. The themes, slang and philo they had influenced Rza's production. For example gza rapping about being a "decapitator" and "roundhouse kicks from blackbelts" and "swing swords they all choppable" on an album entitled "Liquid Swords" gave rza the impetus to score the album with Shogun Assassin skits.
    To gauge this better gerneral consensus would probalby pick Nas to own the 90's. He owned that era. I would argue Gza is 1 light year above his level. Rae>Big and so on
    The common denominator behind the triumph of wu albums is RZA. He is the link ! Every army needs a general and he was the guy. He knew how to use the skills of the wu soldiers. He knew them perfectly and he chose the ones who could shake effectively the rap game. Ghost, Meth, Rae, ODB and GZA are the members who released two albums that went gold or platinium. These dudes were charismatic and commercialy viable not like U god, Deck or Masta Killa. U God wanted his album to release before ghost shit, fuck that. If U god album was released then it would have stopped the trend of succesful wu albums. Meth was the most popular wu mc, then ODB and RZA managed effectively to give them smash hits (shimmy shimmy, Bring the pain and All I need remix) that raised public awareness on the dopeness of wu fam. Then he gave incredible beats to Rae and GZA who were less charismatic mcs than ODB and Meth. GZA and Rae albums were art ! The first episode of the saga was pure genius. This why I do think he is the GOAT.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I think Wu owned the 90's.

I would put the whole Wu, 1 light year above Nas. Yes, Nas was better than them, when he dropped Illmatic, but Wu tang Forever >>>>>> anything Nas has ever done IMO. Nas is one of the G.O.A.T's (no doubt), but his lyric's are "generic" and what I mean by that is...... When Nas rhymes ( No matter how good it is) you can still understand, where as "the click from Shaolin" have mad crazy lyrics, that have dudes still to this day confused, trying to figure it out??? Like Rza said "Niggaz ain't gonna figure it out until the year 2 g" or "Niggaz can't fuck wit these lyrics god" or "Put your lights out and leave your brain inside a fog".

I know that sounds crazy, but IMO Nas' style is simple/generic, when compaired to Wu tang.

That is why Wu tang Clan >>>>>>>>>>>>
    Deck said that each wu mc is a dynamite stick and when they were united it could create the chaos ! A good definition of what the wu was. Each member was unique and Wu forever is truly the album that showed that. Nas is good but personnally he didn't capture my imagination like the wu did. RZA truly showed the dope mc he could be on wu forever and on gravediggaz albums. Deck really impressed many hip hop fans on wu forever. His verse from triumph is just... They had everything they needed to be the greatest hip hop group of all the time. Talent mcs, a visionnary leader and the will to dominate the rap game. Wu was unique ! An Unknown Musical Object...

I think Heavy mental is a Wu lp and it's a classic so no. But to me RZA is the greatest producer I've ever heard - any musical style - no doubt.

I was referring to Clan albums and solos. Heavy Mental and Last Shall Be First are both classics. Probably Niggamortis too. And The Pillage.

Veteran Member

SWFQW is a classic too.

^^^ wats that

Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars.

I wouldn't argue with somebody calling it a classic, but for me personally I don't think I can call an album by a group of mostly below average mc's a classic.

Veteran Member

^I personally wouldn't call it a classic either. It's a great album no doubt, but more so on the production side and Killa Sin.

It wasn't just the RZA, it was the chemistry andere them supporting eachothers projects to the fullest. Wu-Tang was unstoppable as a team, but now they're just a bunch of individuals doing their thing. You're as good as your team, that's why none of them has been able to create another classic. Woodstock RZA might be the weakest link right now. He was supposed to be the leader but took the group in the wrong direction on the last projects. So now they don't look at him like he is gonna bring it back

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

What about "Czarface" or "Grandmasters" ?