Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: There are no classic Wu albums without Rza

Default There are no classic Wu albums without Rza

All the classic Wu-Tang Clan and solo albums are classics because of Rza. It is because of his production that they're classic. No Clan member has made a classic album unless Rza was executive producer.

I guess the only kind of exception would be 'Supreme Clientele', where most of the credit probably belongs to Ghost. I'm not exactly sure. I'm not a Wu nerd who knows the detailed story behind every album. Maybe Rza deserves most the credit for that one too? I don't know.

But every other Wu classic is classic because of Rza.

I guess that's pretty obvious. Just saying.

Banned

Didn't RZA produce half of Supreme Clientele anyway? Ghostface is the only one to put out dope shit without RZA the rest busted
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    All the classic Wu-Tang Clan and solo albums are classics because of Rza. It is because of his production that they're classic. No Clan member has made a classic album unless Rza was executive producer.

I guess the only kind of exception would be 'Supreme Clientele', where most of the credit probably belongs to Ghost. I'm not exactly sure. I'm not a Wu nerd who knows the detailed story behind every album. Maybe Rza deserves most the credit for that one too? I don't know.

But every other Wu classic is classic because of Rza.

I guess that's pretty obvious. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Didn't RZA produce half of Supreme Clientele anyway? Ghostface is the only one to put out dope shit without RZA the rest busted
    Shakey Dogs is a top5 Ghost Song all time for me, not sure which cunt produced it but some good cunt did
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

That's why RZA is KONY. Which in my opinion, is more than just being a G.O.A.T mc.

Banned

Agreed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    Shakey Dogs is a top5 Ghost Song all time for me, not sure which cunt produced it but some good cunt did
    It's a sick cunt beat bruh
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

RZA was heavily involved in Supreme Clientele, just not on the production end of it.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Yeah Rza only produced 3 or 4 songs on this album but he mixed and arranged the songs and was very involved in this project. This album really sounded like a Rza produced shit because he "re-worked" the beats and made the all shit sounded cohesive. It was really a Rza-Ghost Project. At this time they were very close.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

I do think Rza was involved in the best wu projects. What he did with the first wu albums (solos or group shit) was just incredible. He was a beast ! I don't forget he was involved in the 2 first gravediggaz albums too. I think the true RZA died arround 2000 and now we deal with Robert Diggs. He really lost it !

capt obvious aint strike in a min....

I disagree. Its not just because of rza s production. If thats the case why isnt bobby digital classic or tical? Ironman isnt a certified classic either imo. Supreme clientele is classic because of allah maths production for the most part. Rza is essential but The MCs elevated rza s production. Especially gza s liquid swords as a prime example and the purple album. Wutang to me is celebrated for their lyrics, even to this day. And all other members made classics without him (imo)

I think it's a more even combination of both like the guy above me said. Liquid Swords without it's lyrics aren't classic in my opinion. The beats are just ok, with some being exceptional. You can't tell me songs like BIBLE, Labels, Killah Hils, Gold, Shadow Boxing, damn near the whole album, find even 20% of their value in the beat alone. Gza's lyrics made Liquid Swords, outside of 4th Chamber and a few others, had those beats been given to any other MC the odds of it being an average album are high. Mind you the beats are SICK..

I also feel Tical is a classic though, and wouldn't be so without Method Man's flow and delivery as well as random references and sing song moments. If you compare puffy's version of Your All I Need and Method Man's you see that Wu members can very well make classic material with out Rza, they just have bad taste as individuals.

Rza's best pre-Forever production was on Ironman. I don't think it's up for debate because that album leans more heavily on it's instrumentals than others and there's more range, clarity and dimension in the way that album sounds. If other albums were 'better' it was because the lyrics and content (which I would say CL and Liquid Swords) but Rae didn't get the beats Rza was giving Ghost. You can't say it's the production that made the albums classic when all the production was made to be minimalistic so that you can hear the rapper.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    You can't say it's the production that made the albums classic when all the production was made to be minimalistic so that you can hear the rapper.
    Well said.

There usually being more than one Emcee on every track as well helps emphasize this technique.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guarded By Martyrs View Post
    Well said.

There usually being more than one Emcee on every track as well helps emphasize this technique.
    And who either invented or introduced that technique? RZA I guess
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

rza hasn't really lost it IMO.. listen to "rushing elephants" dude will never top his old shit unless he goes back to sampling.