Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RZA On Wu-Tang Clan’s Best MC (2014)

Default RZA On Wu-Tang Clan’s Best MC (2014)

Short, but enjoyable read. Thx.

Old School

Yep, thx for posting

No mentions of Method Man. Strange.

Meth was without doubt the best wu member on "The W".
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

I will say Raekwon and Deck are the best. lol @ Rza being the best.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Duck seazon verse by rza was ill
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Peace CT

I agree with RZA here on 2 things. My best Clan member changes all the time as well. Sometimes its Ghost, sometimes its GZA, and so on. Other thing, RZA was on top of his MC game in 97 (Clan and Gravediggaz). Its just too bad he found Bobby Digital after that. Peace

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by kanha View Post
    no mentions of method man. Strange.

Meth was without doubt the best wu member on "the w".

yes sir
    N.I.

Couple of things in this article that standout to me is the fact that wutang goes to Gza to see who is coming correct and who isn't. When Rza states "GZA is the one who let us know. He’s the head of it. All of our lyrics started from his inspiration. He’s the one who inspired the most out of any other hip-hop artist that ever lived.” That s a tremendous compliment and credit it is also extremely BOLD but somehow it doesn't surprise me. Gza is that dude, I can tell.
    The other is that he mentions KP here. Dudes no even a main member but I feel this dude is severely over rated. He does kick knowledge, but so do a lot of other cats including Rza, but I feel like he isn't that note worthy. I own 5 of his albums and listened to near everything hes dropped. Hes great and all at times, but most of his music is, to put it bluntly mumbo jumbo yo.

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP BLOODSHOT View Post
    dude is severely over rated.

nothing we aint know already besides how rza felt about priest. please stop the but no this or that cat betta..

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Couple of things in this article that standout to me is the fact that wutang goes to Gza to see who is coming correct and who isn't. When Rza states "GZA is the one who let us know. He’s the head of it. All of our lyrics started from his inspiration. He’s the one who inspired the most out of any other hip-hop artist that ever lived.” That s a tremendous compliment and credit it is also extremely BOLD but somehow it doesn't surprise me. Gza is that dude, I can tell.
    The other is that he mentions KP here. Dudes no even a main member but I feel this dude is severely over rated. He does kick knowledge, but so do a lot of other cats including Rza, but I feel like he isn't that note worthy. I own 5 of his albums and listened to near everything hes dropped. Hes great and all at times, but most of his music is, to put it bluntly mumbo jumbo yo.

What albums do you own?

Hey Well for one i did know that, but I knew he helped and blessed alot od dude including Kp. Im not trying to debate whos the best cause i know its all subjective, i was just surprised at KP gettint that rep.
    I got Heavy Mental, View From Massada, The Offering ÷ Behind The Stained Glass and Black August. These albums are good, the worst being View which he admits are throwaway tracks. His new stuff 2010 and up is just tiresome to sit through. Old KP is better and even then he was a challenge as far as albums. He has some classics versus but not albums.

Hey Well for one i did know that, but I knew he helped and blessed alot od dude including Kp. Im not trying to debate whos the best cause i know its all subjective, i was just surprised at KP gettint that rep.
    I got Heavy Mental, View From Massada, The Offering ÷ Behind The Stained Glass and Black August. These albums are good, the worst being View which he admits are throwaway tracks. His new stuff 2010 and up is just tiresome to sit through. Old KP is better and even then he was a challenge as far as albums. He has some classics versus but not albums.
    WOW ok everyone is entitled to their own opinion yes..but to be honest I don't respct yours lol If KP is severely over rated.WTF dp you classify as a good MC? I mean uses his imagination, vocabulary, knowledge , vision, mixes it with street and esoteric to drop his own unique style and you have the audacity to say hes not all that! Get the fuck out of here, you should be thrown out and csst into the lions den where peoplecwho suppport shit music end up!! Ok he may not be listenable to you, I agree to an extent that PWOWR was a struggle to get through but this is because I need more The Offering type KP because in my day to day life I aint got time to decipher deep meanings and lyrics. But KP still one of the best MCs on this planet, Id go so far as to say if there was a new bible written he would be one of those that should go down in it, amongstvthe Tupacs, RZA, Immortal Techniques, KRSone, ODB, Shabazz and a few other lyricists on that level. You might think its all mumbo jumbo. Fair enough, but they still drop jewels for others to grow on . Tell.me who you think are the top lyrical MCs?? Itl be interesting to see who you say.
    No direspect here, dont takethispostas some dum troll attack , I was just shocked by your statement! I guess we arent all the same but its interesting to hear what someone making a statement liketgjs actually looksfkr in a "Good" MC.
    Last edited by blaksteez; 08-05-2015 at 12:57 AM.

I said that KP is good and that he has some good albums (no classics) and good guest spots. I’m not saying he’s wack or anything, I supported some of his work and always check for his new stuff and I’m a fan. But Imo he is grossly over rated, even more so today then earlier in his career, which you agree with me that he was better. You see my point about how his albums can be a struggle and tiresome, right? Ok well that’s the foundation for my opinion on him. As knowledgeable, imaginative and deep as he is he always manages to bore me. His flow for the most part is ok, but theres always moments when I felt it could have been better. He always manges to have a corny /wack chorus in the mix and his beat selection always could be better. And this is a critisim on what I believe to be his best albums which ive mentioned previously. This is why I say he isnt that noteworthy. Hes good only in small doses, that's the truth.
    Just to name one, I think MK is a hell of a lot better MC than Priest and enjoy his output more and im glad he made it on Wu-tang. His last verse on Da Mystery of Chessboxing is better than any verse on Bible or any verse he spits in Heavy Mental.
    Then it’s what hes referencing -
    His new album is on some shit and Im not caught up in his supposed “psychic abilites” based on psuedo science mumbo jumbo to cover up the fact that he is really all about his ego. Preist has a god complex and he needs to stop because it’s lame. He paints a good picture and has a wider pallete than most MCs no doubt, but its all superfical knowledge based on what???... 5 % ers? Ancient aliens? The bible? Summerians? Etc… He mixes and matches stories form these resourses to deliver verses that ulitamely try to explain to us that “ HE” is hip hops savior/ messiah, from outer space no less. Then in interviews he says hes not religious just “spirtual”. I think hes confused. IMO its extremley contrived and how he floods the market with these albums the last couple of years has made him even more stale to my ears. It feels like you heard 1 priest album you heard them all.
    And you don’t have to decipher shit casue its all just creative writing bro, even he dosent believe in the stuff hes referencing so don’t waste your time.