Thread: Scorsese and Jagger’s HBO Show ‘Vinyl’

Default Scorsese and Jagger’s HBO Show ‘Vinyl’

looks like vintage Scorsese to me

some promo talk I found ...
    ------------------------------

HBO wants you to know just how wild the 1970s were. The strange decade all too often gets rolled into one giant disco joke, leaving out the wild rock music, the mad drugs, and the furious tension of the streets. Their new series Vinyl takes you in and out of the heavy and harsh with a stylish sense of gritty wonder, as you follow record executive Richie Finestra, played by the versatile Bobby Cannavale, who you may remember as the hot-headed lunatic gangster Gyp Rosetti in Boardwalk Empire’s third season.

Developed by Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger, the series has one hell of a showrunner: Boardwalk Empire creator and The Wolf of Wall Street writer Terence Winter. Viewers will follow Finestra’s attempt to resurrect his label, American Century, with the explosive story told through flashbacks.

Olivia Wilde and Ray Romano also star, along with a catalog of familiar faces and solid talent. The show debuts in next year.
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

the promo seems a bit commercial, blockbuster feel too it too me, not what i'd expect from scorsese & terence winter, but off the strength of those too, plus imput from jagger, but will be looking out for this, yep, yep, yep, yep
    "get money by all means necessary"