Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis is a key to self reflection.

flamboyant steez liquidswordchamber36's Avatar

Default Cannabis is a key to self reflection.

Sure, their are many various other use's for this wonderful vegetable but for me this is by far the most important one. I used to smoke it in copious amounts for "fun" not sure how I did that anymore. Nowadays when I partake I cogitate to the highest capacity & as a reward of completing the self reflection task I may then indulge myself with my favourite music or grab a pen & start writing or whatever. What a marvelous plant !

Is the mass consensus here the same? if not please share what you personally believe to be the most important aspect of the Cannabis experience.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by liquidswordchamber36 View Post
    Sure, their are many various other use's for this wonderful vegetable but for me this is by far the most important one. I used to smoke it in copious amounts for "fun" not sure how I did that anymore. Nowadays when I partake I cogitate to the highest capacity & as a reward of completing the self reflection task I may then indulge myself with my favourite music or grab a pen & start writing or whatever. What a marvelous plant !

Is the mass consensus here the same? if not please share what you personally believe to be the most important aspect of the Cannabis experience.

Peace
    I'm in wholehearted agreement. Cannabis is a key that opens many doors within the self. I also medicate for my spastic cerebral palsy.

Banned

Acid and mushrooms are better for it
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Acid and mushrooms are better for it
    Agreed, but, Those substances are far more intense & I only do them in profound isolation currently (which adds immensely to the intensity) . I have gone places in my mind with those that I would never bring out into words..otherworldly haha. Cannabis is something I can use weekly though rather then LSD & the Psilocybin (would prove too difficult to remain a member of society lol) .

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Peace
    Is weed a vegetable?
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

i don't need it

i experienced spiritual awakening and i am a pantheist, buddhist, and taoist

edit
    Last edited by communist cunt; 06-09-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish
    will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of
    History will sooner or later sweep it away
    without mercy."
    - Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

Banned

Agreed, but, Those substances are far more intense & I only do them in profound isolation currently (which adds immensely to the intensity) . I have gone places in my mind with those that I would never bring out into words..otherworldly haha. Cannabis is something I can use weekly though rather then LSD & the Psilocybin (would prove too difficult to remain a member of society lol) .
    Nothing meaningful isn't intense though. I never got the whole "weed makes you realise yourself" I honestly can't remember feeling that way when smoking. Acid changed my whole perception on things. A couple of acid trips were far more revealing than a decade of smoking weed, albeit not as a chronic smoker.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

You never want a button you can press for an immediate personal effect. Be it pain relief, relaxation, or ..true self revealing.

The fact is weed makes you think something is happening because of what it's intended to do to your brain mixed with what you think it's doing, but nothing actually happens to you other than the relaxation element depending on the strain. Your true self isn't revealed. Weed smokers are no more consistently 'aware' than non-weed smokers.

The actual fact is marijuana is extreme addictive. It's a clever type of addiction that allows you to think it's enhancing your person. Every weed smoker can tell you how it's enhancing the somehow some way. This is mainly due to our cultural outlook on it mixed with the dispositions that the typical weed smoker is more likely to exhibit.

When addicted to marijuana people start to change a lot, and usually for the worst. They will tell you it's not addictive but it's the only drug with a religion, scientific community, political movement/party, merchandise, music, and various hairstyles. Something enjoyed moderately consumes it's users identities to this level. A lot of weed smokers have a hard time just saying they enjoy smoking weed. They become completely consumed with it as an entity, use it daily like cigarettes (while telling you cigarettes are bad mkay), dedicate large portions of their money identity and time to it, and still tell you it's non consequential. All of these justifications and how deeply entrenched it is in a person's existence make it hard to quit or moderate usage until it become a 'problem'.

I've smoked a few times and nothing of note happened. When told of what's supposed to happen i don't like it because it's the encouragement of a lot of traits i'm trying to work on reducing in myself or ever want entering my atmosphere. I don't need to pay money to have a hard time focusing. Actual focusing, not daydreaming intensely and thinking you're having 'deep thoughts'. When I did smoke I was easier to impress and I was relaxed though. I wonder if being easier to impress when you're high is the reason people think smoking makes them genius? Like, they're having regular thoughts, as I was, but I you think they're revolutionary or 'a different perspective'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Nothing meaningful isn't intense though. I never got the whole "weed makes you realise yourself" I honestly can't remember feeling that way when smoking. Acid changed my whole perception on things. A couple of acid trips were far more revealing than a decade of smoking weed, albeit not as a chronic smoker.
    Right on I agree again. Despite how intense Cannabis can be as a key to the mind it's incredibly benign in comparison with the classic psychedelics. LSD used a couple of times & used properly absolutely can alter your perception of the world/self... & far more then that.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post

When addicted to marijuana people start to change a lot, and usually for the worst.
    come on man.. I personally have to highly disagree with that statement. That being said you did drop some truths in your two posts.

Banned

Right on I agree again. Despite how intense Cannabis can be as a key to the mind it's incredibly benign in comparison with the classic psychedelics. LSD used a couple of times & used properly absolutely can alter your perception of the world/self... & far more then that.
    In a strange way LSD opened me up to the realism of life and woke me up but I kind of would prefer to be ignorant to it all because I can't see any real way to change but you can never go back to being ignorant to it all so I feel stuck in a limbo. I see weed as a relaxer. I actually love it and I probably love it because I'm a social smoker once a week not a daily smoker but for me weed is about relaxing and not really on a higher learning experience. It's made realise a lot but not as much as psychedelics have.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    ive had good and bad trips...sometimes it just gets to be a bit too much for me, losing all touch with reality
    those are the best trips

"If you take a psychedelic and you're not afraid you took too much, you didn't take enough."
    We do it for the people.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

thats why you should trip alone lol
    We do it for the people.