Thread: Jay Z & Timbaland To Testify In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit

Default Jay Z & Timbaland To Testify In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit

I hadn't heard about this yet. the problem lies with the sample used. the thing is Timbaland actually paid to sample the song back when he created it

interesting to me for all of the laws at play, esp the idea that US laws trump Egyptian laws

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.35047/ti...pimpin-lawsuit

Retired.

I'll try to explain as soon as a return from my vacation.

the way Timbaland hooked that up is fucking genius... i was listening to "Vol. 3" just a week ago and every single beat Timbaland hooked up on there is pretty much a masterpiece... underrated LP as far as the Jay-Z catalouge goes

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

This is a conflict of laws issue. American court will always apply American process law, but in terms of material law courts may use foreign laws. Every country has its own rules when it comes to private relations with an international component attached.

But, this being the case of copyrights American court will use American Copyright act, because lawmakers have been so determined to defend American intellectual property by any means.

Under Berne convention, every author has a set of moral rights. However, tradition of moral rights isn't strong in the US.

In my humble opinion, these Egyptians have no chance in this case.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    the way Timbaland hooked that up is fucking genius... i was listening to "Vol. 3" just a week ago and every single beat Timbaland hooked up on there is pretty much a masterpiece... underrated LP as far as the Jay-Z catalouge goes
    how much did Timbaland really hook it up. i'm no producer, but it sounds pretty much like a simple loop to me.

like eagle eye said, the fact that he found this record is the amazing part.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    how much did Timbaland really hook it up. i'm no producer, but it sounds pretty much like a simple loop to me.

like eagle eye said, the fact that he found this record is the amazing part.
    yes, i agree with you, finding that sample and hearing it in the context of a hip-hop club banger is remarkable. there was quite nothing sounding like that on the radio at the time and yet Jay-Z and Timbaland knew the potential it had. as always with Timbaland he has an amazing talent for bringing out the bounce in a song and "Big Pimpin'" is one of the best examples imo.

Dre and Timbaland has some of the best mixes - their stuff is usually a good measurement to try out new headphones/speakers with imo.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^^you were right with your prediction
    Retired.

-

Claaa7, you can't be serious that Jay-Z and UGK's Big Pimpin song is a classic hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The song is terrible and UGK shouldn't have been on it because they're underground. RIP Pimp C. I guess UGK thought by being on the song that the song would give them more fans but that didn't work LOL. I do like my baby Melyssa Ford who was in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

He paid for the sample when it was time to early on. Then family is not suing against and their excuse is that they deserve more payments since the song has made Jay-Z so successful. They want a part of the money he's made after the song came out

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    How the hell did Timbaland come across that record for the sample?
    real random shit.