Thread: Is there a place for shitty rapping in hip hop?

Default Is there a place for shitty rapping in hip hop?

Was listening to the last Killarmy album last couple of days. Killa Sin is barely on this album. Nobody else in the group has any talent at all. But still enjoyed it immensely. Really fucken bangin' album actually. The thing with Killarmy is that their charm kind of lies in the fact that they're scrappy as shit rappers (apart from KS, who is legendary). Gives that raw, genuine, gutter rap from the streets sort of vibe, strengthened by the nasty as fuck gritty beats.

So I enjoy the scrappy rapping quite thoroughly in the context of the raw street rap in which it appears. Whereas if one of these guys threw down a verse on some slick sounding, polished beat, it would no doubt be painful to listen to.

Express your thoughts on this.

with the first album the flows weren't quite there yet with some members but the lyrics and especially the beats were great

it is rare that a lack of flow is no hindrance to my enjoyment of a song, but given that they were a group and thus you got different flows on one and the same song, that helped a lot

9th Prince's flow has changed a lot since that first album, just one example. he's not trying to cram a gazillion words into one bar anymore lol (although that also had a certain appeal to me)

I love all Killarmy albums to death despite some off flows and that's a testament to 4th D's skills I think

you asked : is there a place for shitty rapping in hiphop in general? I think there is, yes

good subject, thx
    Retired.

Non Ignorant Math Team

look up slum village. not good rapping but very good beats. also look up frank n dank

NON-IGS

Group Home also came to mind when I was writing my post.

There's a certain kind of mc you hear that really has no talent at all, but gives the sense of being genuine and passionate about what they're doing. I've got a lot of thyme for that shit.

-

LOL@Group Home. Little Dap and Melachi The Nutcracker are alright. They aren't that bad. Their rap names suck LOL. What kind of a name is Melachi the Nutcracker? LOL. I love their Livin Proof album and it's sad that their other albums suck because of bad beats. I remember DJ Premier said that he stopped doing all their beats after Livin Proof because they wanted to experiment with other producers and they made a terrible mistake with that decision. That's the same mistake Jeru The Damaja made after his first 2 albums and that's why his albums haven't been good after those albums. LOL@Noel411's topic title hahahahahahahahaha. I thought you were gonna name some terrible rappers who you wish would've never rapped LOL. I've never heard any Killarmy albums but Killa Sin got skills. I liked his lyrics on Onyx and Wu Tang's The Worst song.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

This is the appeal that CNN's first album has for me. They're D plus rappers which makes the whole thing even grimier, especially NORE.

^^correct
    Retired.

-

LOL@TSA. Noreaga is worst than Capone hahahahahahahahaha. Noreaga actually sounded alright on their first album. I don't know how he became so terrible after that album.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Banned

Master P
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I was just looking at Scarface and Master P's Homies and Thugs video a few days ago. Master P made me laugh when he said this is for the homies and the thug niggas ughhhhhh LOL. This is for the homies and the thug niggas ughhhhhh LOL. His lyrics made me laugh when he said you can test me if you wanna cause I be dumping niggas off from New Orleans to California LOL. Rowdy like a hurricane ughhhhh LOL. Independent black owned got em hooked on this cocaine.

No

They just ruin, what could of been a good track.

While I understand the raw vibe is appealing, I will take a (Killa Sin) on grimey beats, over a wack m.c on grimey beats, all day, everyday. I have thrown away many a good track, because the beat sounds ill, then all of a sudden, you get this wack m.c start to rap, and you just shake your head in anger/frustration.
    Last edited by zooruka; 08-16-2015 at 01:35 AM.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

there is some appeal but it happens rarely that it's good enough since there are more not-so-good rappers out there than good ones.
    bring back begongo!!

Drag-On
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    Drag-On
    I like this song.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

DragOn listened to too much DMX haha shiiiet

even stands in the same pose when he raps into the camera
    bring back begongo!!