Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It would be nice if some of you diversified your learning pallet

Default It would be nice if some of you diversified your learning pallet

Last edited by TSA; 11-08-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Did you discover this theory after completing your degree in dick flavors?

Well, yeah.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I think the dead/uselessness of this board comes from the very narrow learning pallet of the people that frequent it. You can't just 'study' things that match your opinion all your life or things of (if you can't admit it) questionable empirical backing.

Try to study something that's even boring to you. Studying is like working out. It's supposed to be uncomfortable and hurt. If you run into something that you can just swallow up with ease, odds are you would have came to all of the conclusions you learn from it independently because it already matches your train of thought.
    Actually, I find physical exercise very rewarding. I study material that interest me. If I come across something that peaks my interest, then yes, I'll study the material. It's called education.

Quote Originally Posted by KERZO View Post
    Did you discover this theory after completing your degree in dick flavors?
    ahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Actually, I find physical exercise very rewarding. I study material that interest me. If I come across something that peaks my interest, then yes, I'll study the material. It's called education.
    Sometimes it's good to study something that doesn't interest you. I look at it like exercise. Your interests, to me, are like a tunnel. Not bad and very natural to study them, but anything you learn probably would have concluded independently because it's your interest. The people you'll discuss it with will be more like you than not and the viewpoints more similar than not.

That's less like exercise and more like have fun or playing even if you're learning. Sometime digging into something different for the fact that it's difficult or a new perspective helps you understand your perspective a lot.

Internet makes a lot of people tunnel learners because their world is what they want to see hear and learn, nothing else.

Banned

Going with the theme of the thread I read somewhere about how if you ever meet somebody who is passionate about anything that you particularly don't care about you should actually talk to them about it because you'll learn so much more off somebody who is passionate and in their excitement to talk about a passion they'll spare no detail. Plus you learn something new. It seems most people only want to reinforce what they already know, a comfort zone kinda thing. I agree with it. Better to learn new things and talk with differences of opinion than reinforce the same old shit you know. You don't want to be to knowledge how CharlesJones is to rap music.

I think that people should stop believing in so much stuff. Once you believe in something you commit to an idea and you'll reject any other possibilities. If you learn something, take it on board, accept that it is a perspective that has merit but there's more to learn and branch out for alternative ideas to that one concept you'll learn. People today just hear one thing and believe it then staunchly defend it to the death without any rationale to the alternative.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I think the dead/uselessness of this board comes from the very narrow learning pallet of the people that frequent it. You can't just 'study' things that match your opinion all your life or things of (if you can't admit it) questionable empirical backing.
    no it comes from fuckers like you who think their personal opinion is the alfa & omega on any subject
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I think that people should stop believing in so much stuff. Once you believe in something you commit to an idea and you'll reject any other possibilities. If you learn something, take it on board, accept that it is a perspective that has merit but there's more to learn and branch out for alternative ideas to that one concept you'll learn. People today just hear one thing and believe it then staunchly defend it to the death without any rationale to the alternative.
    true
    Retired.

Last edited by zooruka; 08-18-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Non Ignorant Math Team

lol @ "learning pallet". did u type in foundation for learning and then use google thesaurus?

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    no it comes from fuckers like you who think their personal opinion is the alfa & omega on any subject
    shhh Rev, TSA is learning us new things. I'm looking forward to his section about indigenous tribe stage plays.

'

TSA is the kinda bre who attends night school to learn more about the white queef power structure

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhahahahhaha

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    TSA is the kinda bre who attends night school to learn more about the white queef power structure
    expand on that. what is a white queef power structure. lol