Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.E.T. counts down the top 50 Wu solo albums

Default B.E.T. counts down the top 50 Wu solo albums

Pardon me if this has been posted before (I wouldn't know since I dont frequent Wu corp as regularly as i did years ago). If you haven't seen this, check it out. I found it rather interesting.

http://search.bet.com/music/photos/2...th-of-a-prince
    Last edited by LordReveal; 08-18-2015 at 02:06 AM.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

Banned

I stopped reading once I discovered they rated Keynote Speaker the worst Wu Solo and Mr Xcitement was better than 5 albums
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

lol, people still falling for those viral bullshit lists where you have to click 50 times to generate more ad revenue.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

^^I once read on a forum there was a way around that as in you could get them all on the same page but I forgot how. and I never tried it myself
    Retired.

nada ignorante

list is bullshit
    N.I.

I found some of the rankings kind of off (for example, Mr. Excitement being better than Key Note Speaker?)...it was interesting to read nonetheless. There top 10 of course is on point. Nobody can disagree on the classics.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

Mr Xcitement & Hillside Scramblers are the worst projects by a wu general ever
    Retired.

Donna and U-god OWN the bottom LOL.
    trash

Keynote Speaker was fucking fantastic.

Stopped reading there.

-

TSA, who cares. Cappadonna and U-God are good rappers. I didn't look at the list because I don't like reading magazines and tv networks opinions about rap albums.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

I think the only 2 Wu General lps I've never heard are Mr Xcitement and Hillside Scramblers. I've had no desire to put that right. But there is no way Keynote Speaker can be last. It's a really decent lp. The lps I really dislike are FILA, Lex Diamond Story, Deck's The Movement [I'm a big Deck fan], Tical 0 [I'm a huge Mef fan], Ghost's Wizard thing [absolutely awful that one]. Some other less than brilliant offerings [the last RZA didn't do it for me other than a few absolute classics], and I didn't like the last Masta either [also a huge fan of]. Mostly though every lp has at least one banga. KP's View from Masada was also a huge let down, after the amazingness of HM.

On the plus side, some of the greatest music i've ever heard has the Wu stamp on it. And lets face it - who else can have a top 50 lps?
    Last edited by New Hills 36; 08-19-2015 at 04:59 PM.

^^analysis is on point!
    Retired.

^ though i originally got the wrong Deck lp and I've edited. Manifesto is certainly no classic but I simply couldn't get anywhere with the Movement.

INS dumbs it down on most of his solo albums. his first solo album was his best imo and then there are some good songs on his other albums too

the Movement has filler like 'Shorty right there' ugh

he goes all in on those czarface albums tho
    Retired.

^ Czarface? LOve them both - good shout