Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2pac

Banned

Yeah I love 2Pacalypse Now and I love Me Against The World too but I'm not the biggest fan of All Eyez On Me or Makaveli. I read an Outlawz interview where they said 2Pac never really claimed All Eyez On Me as his but it was a death row album. It's a shame that Inspectah Deck got taken off Mind Made Up and I think Lady of Rage was supposed to be on it too

Wasn't 2Pac going to start his own label after the Makaveli album and sign all of the Boot Camp Clik and some others, basically a super label? He signed to Death Row basically to get out of jail, kind of a "I'll do anything at this point" deal but it did seem like in interviews I've read he was planning an exit strategy. Afeni won the rights to all of his music I think then started the Amaru label. I wish that lames like Eminem didn't get on posthumous 2Pac records. He's got a lot of unreleased material but that stuff was produced garbage.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree that his unreleased music should've never came out. I think his mom was just trying to get paid LOL. Yeah i heard he was gonna start his own label but the album you're talking about he was gonna do with Boot Camp Click, that was like a eastcoast rappers project because he was gonna show New York that he had love for rappers from there. People think just because he had beef with Notorious Big and Puff Daddy that he didn't love New York rappers. He did a song called Old School on Me Against The World and he named several New York rappers that he liked. He did the same thing on Representin 93 song on Strictly 4 My Niggaz because he named several New York rappers that he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

he recorded so much material cuz he wanted to get out of his Death Row contract as soon as possible. the double disc All Eyez On Me counted as two albums for Death Row for example

had he not died he would have continued making music but my guess is he would have done a lot more movies (more so than music maybe) and have released some more poetry as well. the only poetry we have now was released posthumously

I think Pac was a great actor and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. he was, like, really good
    Retired.

Banned

Double disc albums get counted twice on record sales too that's why about half of the hip hop diamond sales are doubles.

I think 2Pac would have taken Will Smith's role as the premier rapper/actor/mega star. He probably would have stopped recording full time by the 21st century. Wasn't 2Pac supposed to get Will Smith's role in Independence Day?

@CJ, yep he was gonna do an album but I'm sure he had plans to start a label as well and sigh them plus some Bay Area dudes like Luniz and Rappin 4 Tay
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Tupac would have just stuck to acting if he were still alive. Suge had ruined his music career monetarily and the buzz for him in hollywood was extremely high when he died. I can't help but wonder if he a lot of the crossover rappers have taken his 'place' because after he died there was a surge of rappers in mainstream movies. He was the best actor of any I could think of so it would be hard not to imagine him as top pick.

Though, his affinity for ghetto shit may limit his selection. I don't doubt that he would have been incredibly successful if he were still alive. To an extent he's a bit 'much' and it's hard to image the type of place he would have had in music today.

Never stopped to think about how good his beat selection is though till just now

-

2Pac would've been a versatile actor if he had lived. He played different characters in movies like Poetic Justice when he was a postman, he was a drug addict in Gridlock'd and he was a dirty cop in Gang Related. He was a thug in Juice and Above The Rim. I don't think he would've played a criminal most of the time in movies if he had lived. That's why I was surprised he didn't wanna play a former criminal turned muslim in Menace II Society. It seemed to me he wanted to play Caine or O-Dog and that's why he got into a fight with one of the Hughes Brothers. 2Pac made me laugh on Representin 93 song when he said fuck a pop song, fuck a video, fuck Arsenio, fuck the radio hahahahahahahahahahahaha. You don't hear me though. I wonder why he said fuck a video. Rappers need videos so people can see who they are and hear their music. He shouldn't have dissed Arsenio Hall since Arsenio had him on his show twice. Arsenio is from my hometown Cleveland, Ohio.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

2Pac made me laugh at Above The Rim when he was dissing Leon at the cemetery when they went to visit their mom's gravesite. 2Pac said who the fuck you think you talking to man? This ain't Nutso. This ain't that dopehead on the roof taking orders from you LOL. This ain't your same little brother trying to follow in behind you to go outside. You ain't the muthafucking man no more, I'm the one LOL. Shit is changed. It's a new day bro. If you can't clean up your act, I suggest you raise the fuck up LOL. Get the hell outta dodge or get caught up LOL. In another scene, he dissed Leon when Leon was going to work. He said people used to tell me Tom Shepherd was so fucking raw. Too bad he started tripping when his friend died. He got all the fucking talent and no heart. I'm sitting here thinking a brother can't be this fucking weak. But shit you ain't weak. You keeping our high schools safe LOL. I'm still the only family you got. You may not like the man I've become but I'm still a man. And you, you a joke LOL.

I also like the scene when Duane Martin, Marlon Wayans and Wood Harris are riding around in a truck going somewhere. They stop by the basketball court at the park and they see Leon playing basketball without a ball LOL. Marlon said to Duane, ain't that the security guard we had beef with? Why is he bugging out? He's playing ball without a ball hahahahahahahahaha. He looks like he's auditioning for the Twilight Zone b LOL. He better leave that shit alone whatever he smoking LOL. Wood Harris gets into a argument with Duane and Marlon because they're dissing him. Marlon said I think Mo is on his period LOL. You want me to get you some tampons Mo? LOL. Minnie or Maxie, what you take? LOL. Wood said will ya'll muthafuckas shut up? You silly muthafuckas LOL. You gotta be soldiers. Not clowns god damnit. Now drive.

Look let me tell you something. I don't give a fuck what Birdie said and I don't give a damn about this ho ass nigga in the back LOL. I will bury the both of you muthafuckas LOL. You better start listening and start paying attention. Pull over. Marlon said I thought we was going to the spot b? Wood said nigga I said pull over. Marlon said for what? Wood yelled and said pull over and Marlon pulled the truck over to the curb hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Wood got out the truck and he talked to 2 black guys that were drug dealers who owed him some money. Wood beat them up and pistolwhipped one guy. Wood got back in the truck and he said did ya'll muthafuckas see that? I'm a muthafucking soldier LOL. Now drive. Marlon said you need a role model, a hug or something hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

-

I was listening to 2Pac's Soulja's Story song today and he made me laugh at the beginning when he said you got whites killing blacks, cops killing blacks and blacks killing blacks hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Then he rapped and said is it my fault just cause I'm a young black male? Cops sweating me as if my destiny is making crack sales LOL. Only 15 and got problems. Cops on my tail so I bail till I dodge em. They finally pulled me over and I laughed. Remember Rodney King and I blast on his punk ass LOL. Now I got a murder case. You speak of heaven punk. I never heard of the place LOL. Wanted to come up fast. Got a ooze and a black mask. Duck the fucking task. Now who's the jack ass? Keep my shit cocked cause the cops got a glock too. What the fuck would you do? Drop them or let them drop you? I chose drop and the cop. I got me a glock and a glock for the niggas on my block. Momma tried to stab me. I moved out. Sold a pound of weed, made g's and bought a new house LOL. I'm only 17. I'm the new king. Got me a crew to put up jewels and a oozie. But all good things don't last. Task came fast and busted my black ass LOL. Cooling in the pen where the goods kept. Now my little brother wants to follow in my footsteps, a soldier.

I also listened to I Don't Give A Fuck song and he made me laugh when he was naming several police departments in California, FBI, CIA and he dissed former president George Bush. He said fuck ya'll redneck, hyprocite, racist bastards. Gay, sensitive, little dick bastards hahahahahahahahaha. 2Pacalypse muthafucking now. Ya'll can all kiss my ass and suck my uncle Tommy's balls LOL. Fuck ya'll punks.

Strictly For My Niggaz is my fav Pac album too.

Also a couple of dudes mentioned the song 'Pain'. I'd agree that's quite probably his best song. I remember I had it on a mix tape (literal cassette with a mix of shit) that I got from one of my brother's friends back in the day. Always loved that song.

I actually never heard anything that came out after he died. Except the Makaveli joint. I think he was dead by the thyme that came out, if I recall correctly.

I think Pac was probably the first rapper to ever have enormous popularity in Australia. Before him there were only a few other people at my high school who I knew of to be really into hip hop. Once he blew up everybody was listening to that shit.

-

Strictly 4 My Niggaz is a good album.

nada ignorante

Indeed a great album. But Me Against the World is much better.
    N.I.

the sample for the self-titled track is nuts. it was also used in Junior Mafia - Realms of Junior Mafia.

-

Hotnikks, Me Against The World isn't better LOL.

PRODIGAL SUN

LMAO... only on the Internet can we see something like this.

Sign petition for 2Pac's next album to be produced by RZA and DJ Quik

Last edited by madchild; 09-02-2015 at 05:29 PM.