Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: was Wu-Massacre a colossal failure?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    I remember Meth saying - even before the album had dropped -Def Jam rushed the release to ride the backtails of the success of OB4CLII and that the recording budget was limited

seems a lot of things went wrong on putting this album together
    This was just lazy Wu-Tang. Def Jam put way more effort into this album than they did. Those promo videos were amazing, album covers were sick. They struck the perfect tone for a Mef/Rae/Ghost album. All they had to do was getting on some tracks together.

Still thought this was one of the better releases. You could actually listen to it from start to finish and the production was on point. Way better than that Meth Lab bs.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

This had so much potential, like people have said the promo for this was sick and the artwork is easily some of the best in hip hop, but the album was bleh.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post
    I enjoyed both wu-masscare and wu-block allot
    This thread made me bump Wu Block for he first time in a couple of years, I forgot what a solid project it was, more of a Ghost/Sheek collab album but WAY better than Wu Massacre.

If it had the Wu Block track on it and maybe a couple of videos it would have done better, but as it was felt kind mixtapish. Still one of the best Wu releases in that last 5 years though.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

FRESH FISH

It was just sloppy as fuck. Sounded more like a mixtape to lead up to the album.

A lot of the songs were originally for other projects, and repurposed onto this one.

It sounded like no one was in charge and it had no direction. Meanwhile, the artwork was fucking great. It looked like a great classic Wu album was just a whatever typical 00's release. Wu-Block was better.

For anyone who hasn't seen them yet or wants to revisit them:

Love thy neighbor

they get an A for advertising/art cover and a C- for the actual music