17. You may not vote on this poll
  • NWA - "Niggaz4Life"

6 35.29%
  • Ice Cube - "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted"

11 64.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NWA's "Niggaz4Life" vs. Ice Cube's "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted"

Default NWA's "Niggaz4Life" vs. Ice Cube's "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted"

this is a damn tough one if you ask me, and a very relevant one too. of course when Ice Cube split from NWA they continued without him and recorded first the EP "100 Miles and Runnin'" and then the full-length LP "Niggaz4Life". Ice Cube went full throttle on a solo career with "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted".

both absolutely brilliant albums, especially "Niggaz4Life" is somewhat underrated although it is of course a very popular album. but since it didn't have the powerful singles of "Straight Outta Compton" it's not as celebrated when the fact is that it is a much stronger body of work.. to me it's one of Dr. Dre's best produced albums ever. it's cool as hell to hear Dre still fucking heavily with samples here. so production is absolutely top notch and the chemistry and flows of MC Ren, Dre and Eazy-E works really well together. the negatives of the LP is that they relay too much on shock value at times... the last half of the album is almost exclusively about fucking and killing bitches. but the beats are just so damn incredible that it works anyway... if i were to show someone three albums that spoke best of Dr. Dre's talents as a producer i'd go with this one, "The Chronic" and "2001". each as essential as the next!

as for Cube's album it is without a doubt the better LP out of the two if we're strictly talking lyrics and flows. and the production is DAMN FINE here too, courtesy of The Bomb Squad and Sir Jinx who does a marvelous job blending the distinct styles of the East and West of the time. Unless the other emcees in NWA Ice Cube has no problems keeping the listeners attention throughout an entire album by himself.

i think i'll go with Cube on this one...

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

edit
    Last edited by claaa7; 08-25-2015 at 11:13 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

I'm going with NWA's Niggaz4life and MC Ren's lyrics were hard. Dr Dre did a lot of rapping on here and he didn't rap that much on Straight Outta Compton. Claaa7, you made me laugh when you said the 2nd half of Niggaz4life that they rapped about fucking and killing bitches hahahahahahahahahahahaha. To Kill A Hooker skit is funny. They approached a prostitute for sex and when they didn't have any money, she tried to leave and they got her in the car. MC Ren said grab that bitch, grab that bitch hahahahahahahahahaha. Eazy E said fuck this bitch and he shot her a few times and killed her LOL. MC Ren said why you shoot this bitch in my shit? LOL. Eazy E said you shouldn't have put the bitch in the car anyway LOL. Dr Dre said throw that bitch out LOL. There go some bitches over there. Blow the muthafucking horn LOL.

Then the song One Less Bitch comes on. Eazy E made me laugh at the end of One Less Bitch when he talked and he dissed black women. He said bitches are on a nigga's dick when he got money but when he has no money, the bitch is gone in the wind LOL. So to me, all bitches ain't shit LOL. I think it's funny that he said that considering he has 7 kids by 6 black women hahahahahahahahahahaha. If he hated black women, he should've stopped having sex with them and i'm disappointed in him that he's dead because he didn't protect himself while having sex by using condoms. I do think his widow Tomica loved him because she stayed with him before he died when she found out he had Aids and she married him. Not too many black women would've done that. She also showed him paperwork of Jerry Heller not paying him fairly and the other group members not being paid fairly. That's why he fired Jerry before he died and he put Tomica in charge of running Ruthless records. Bone Thugs and Harmony and MC Ren had beef with her because of how she ran the company because they complained about their albums not being promoted and i don't think they were happy about their money situation. Bizzy Bone had threatened to kill her LOL.

I like Ice Cube's Death Certificate album more than Amerikka's Most Wanted. His albums after The Predator have disappointed me. Lethal Injection had a few songs i liked but the other albums he's done after that are terrible because of bad beats LOL. He has a new album called Everything's Corrupt and i don't wanna hear it. I'm done with listening to his new albums but he's a legend and he's one of my favorite rappers. Him and MC Ren did a new song called Rebel Music remix and Rebel Music is also the name of MC Ren's upcoming album which is gonna be on MC Ren's record label Villain Entertainment. The song is alright but i expected the beat to be harder. I wonder why it took MC Ren so long to do a new album. His last album Ruthless For Life was 17 years ago hahahahahahahahaha. He should've released some albums way before then.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Shaolin Master

I prefer Cube's Death Certificate as Cube's greatest album, so I would go with Nwa on this one.

-

Thanks Derek41. Go ahead and vote for NWA's album so there can be a tie because Ice Cube got 2 votes so far. I voted for NWA's album. It's sad that Ice Cube hasn't made a lot of good albums after Death Certificate because he's very good.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Ice Cube for the sheer balls it took to make an album like that back then.
    bring back begongo!!

-

You're right but I think Death Certificate scared a lot of whites because of what he talked about LOL. He talked about several issues about them on that album and he also dissed blacks on True To The Game and Us songs on the album.

Personally both albums are good. From a production standpoint Niggaz4life is a monster that Dr. Dre would never be able to replicate mainly because of shifting trends and the increasing legal difficulty of sampling, lyrically it could be a whole lot better (in contrast to Straight Outta Compton) but that You Know Who I'm Talking To sample in "Appetite for Destruction", that "Approach to Danger" is 1st rate production that is way ahead of it's time plus whenever I listen to it, it feels like I'm directly transferred to the streets of Compton.

AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted is an album that's more political and lyrical in nature; it has sort of a subdued sound which is why it's point is made more often than the preceeding album. Ice Cube's lyrics are less gangsta and more political as he raps about issues pertaining to the african american community and the still current PC government regarding the treatment of agressive rap music (political or otherwise) for watered down pop and R&B; Ice Cube has always had a good lyrical stance before 1993 and everything he did was to create this political gangsta persona that no one has quite truly replicated; I think Death Certificate is a harder album than AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted but that album is the most lyrical we will ever see Ice Cube become.

So in the war between the two albums. I have to hand it to the Real Niggaz.

I prefer 'Niggaz4Life'. The production leads right into The Chronic and the lyrics are brutal and hilarious.

Amerikkkas Most is excellent too though, Cube was the man back then and its also probably the last album with that heavy sampling production style.

For me Amerikkkas Most Wanted wins easily. I was never big on Niggaz4Life, I kinda agree with Cube when he said they went overboard with that album. The production was dope on it though.

-

I was just listening to NWA's She Swallowed It song and I like the song but the only thing I didn't like was MC Ren was promoting black women sucking black men's dicks. I don't like that and I don't think black women should be doing that because they can get a disease. Black men shouldn't be getting mad at black women if they don't wanna do that and black women shouldn't ask black men to eat their pussy. MC Ren also talked about black men should punch black women in the face if a black woman says she doesn't suck dick and that's not cool. I don't like black men beating up black women. I just saw on Youtube that MC Ren was arrested in 1989 for raping a black woman and I didn't know that. That's terrible.

-

Redman sampled She Swallowed It on Keep On 99 song on Doc's Da Name album when the woman said gently place the balls into the mouth and hum LOL.

I'll take Cube on this one...

even though some of the beats on Niggaz4Life were hella kickin.

the fact that Ice Cube went solo, and showed he was the better of the group. "yeah punk, i'm the nigga ya love to hate" haha

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

I was just listening to NWA's She Swallowed It song and I like the song but the only thing I didn't like was MC Ren was promoting black women sucking black men's dicks. I don't like that and I don't think black women should be doing that because they can get a disease. Black men shouldn't be getting mad at black women if they don't wanna do that and black women shouldn't ask black men to eat their pussy.

oh btw amerikka's most wanted>>>