Page 12 of 126 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Election thread

IronSheik

Default #WinterIsTrumping #TrumpApocalypse

IronSheik

Default #Hypocracy

This country is controlled by the media and the wealthy corporate in the top 1%. And we pretty much have no privacy thanks to the stupid patriot act and are piece of shit government.

I don't even wanna think about what Trump is gonna have the army do if he becomes President. he seems like the kind of guy to make rash decisions based on emotions. I see him overreacting to a perceived insult from another country in an over the top way
    Retired.

Banned

The presidency is not a dictatorship.

Republicans don't even really like him because he's not part of the establishment, if he is a loon they will impeach his ass.

The fear people have if this guy is absolutely hilarious.

the dictatorship remark was a good point. I see what both of you mean

what I feel is that I don't think Trump's own party will be able to put some sense into him if need be once he's in charge

I don't trust the republican party in holding back its president if he goes Rambo II on another nation after they rub him the wrong way or if he thinks it might earn him a second term (think Thatcher in the UK). I really doubt his own party would impeach him, it's like they would concede they had been in the wrong all along but only now were willing to do something about it. I don't see how they could sell this strategy to their advantage come the next election period

the republicans can't even control Trump right now since he is profiling himself as anti-establishment (which in itself is a cruel joke of course). and seeing how republicans have a majority in senate and both houses of congress now you can't count on the democrats to hold Trump back either after the election. at least not for the first part of his term

I hope I'm wrong though. I don't want this scenario to happen lol
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 03-03-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    Retired.

yeah, to add on, being a loon didn't get bush impeached or stop an Iraq war over false pretenses

Banned

In the US does declaring war on a country have to be put through congress first? My understanding is Trump just couldn't do what he wanted it a has to go through congress and the more even numbers between republican and democrat the harder it will be to pass stuff because usually they're opposed to each other?

Is this shit about Hillary exposing secret documents in the mainstream media at all? I can't believe anyone would vote for based off that alone but she's got the feminist vote and they're dumb cunts
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

A declaration of war has to be approved by congress but the president can take some limited action without it.

But to think that Trump is going to do whatever he wants at his whim with no opposition is absurd.

You obviously don't know anything about American politics. These morons can't agree on anything.

Trump is not this maniac the press is making him out to be. He's actually a more qualified executive than all of these people and the presidency is part of the executive branch. He's not a legislator or a judge.

I believe his business acumen and ability to enhance the economy through better trade agreements is real and the fact that he won't be some tip toeing my pushover is a benefit.

Highly liberal people and lifelong democrats will hate him because he's not on their team.

But the fact remains, he is not part of the establishment and they HATE that. Both sides. And he has no entanglements with campaign money.

This is why people like him. politicians are so corrupted that it's only making it easier for Trump.

Everything about Hillary is true. I have no idea how anyone in their right mind can give her their vote. She is pure scum.

Bernie is running at a bad time but is gaining momentum support because of the pro big government and free health and schools movement among young people.

The problem with that is that Obamacare is hated by people who can't afford healthcare regardless mainly because of the ridiculous penalty try hit you with at tax time.

Obamacare is not free. Lol. At least not if you work for a living.

Obama has managed to actually hurt the working and lower middle class, the people he said he was running for.

So Sanders has to deal with that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    the dictatorship remark was a good point. I see what both of you mean

what I feel is that I don't think Trump's own party will be able to put some sense into him if need be once he's in charge

I don't trust the republican party in holding back its president if he goes Rambo II on another nation after they rub him the wrong way or if he thinks it might earn him a second term (think Thatcher in the UK). I really doubt his own party would impeach him, it's like they would concede they had been in the wrong all along but only now were willing to do something about it. I don't see how they could sell this strategy to their advantage come the next election period

the republicans can't even control Trump right now since he is profiling himself as anti-establishment (which in itself is a cruel joke of course). and seeing how republicans have a majority in senate and both houses of congress now you can't count on the democrats to hold Trump back either after the election. at least not for the first part of his term

I hope I'm wrong though. I don't want this scenario to happen lol

What you dont get is that the democrats are really no different from the republicans. Hillary is taking money from everything a "liberal" would consider unholy.

Trump and Bernie have been successful as outsiders because the American voter is well aware of the corruption and cronyism that has become rampant in government and it permeates both parties.

Trump is not going to plunge the world into destruction lol.

What is wrong with people.

I guess they are so used to a docile American president that it frightens them, I dunno.

His stance against Mexican ILLEGALS is totally within bounds and there isn't a place in the world that doesn't have problems with Islam extremism so that's well within bounds too.

Not sure why all the butt hurt.

He's crass at times yea, he needs to sit down and explain in depth his solutions but so do all of them.

Touch, Bush who is a business man left the country with negative growth and Obama who has never touched a business left the country with positive growth. The negative Bush under Bush' term was caused primarily buy business men as an act of business.

A successful business man is someone who's successful at making himself rich. That doesn't translate to someone who's able to govern a country and boost it's wealth. While I think the belief that presidents determine the economy is something we should stop humoring, the belief that 'a business man' will make a country rich the way he made himself rich is even less deserving of continued discussion. Making yourself rich is a different science than making a country rich

Kim Kardashian is by all measures a remarkable business woman. It doesn't mean she'll boost the US economy as president (not to say she won't either).

Quote Originally Posted by WARPATH View Post
    I notice that all the white boys are getting brolic since Trump started in. It hasnt been this bad since 300 came out.
    Last edited by TSA; 03-03-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    What you dont get is that the democrats are really no different from the republicans. Hillary is taking money from everything a "liberal" would consider unholy.

Trump and Bernie have been successful as outsiders because the American voter is well aware of the corruption and cronyism that has become rampant in government and it permeates both parties.

I guess they are so used to a docile American president that it frightens them, I dunno.

His stance against Mexican ILLEGALS is totally within bounds and there isn't a place in the world that doesn't have problems with Islam extremism so that's well within bounds too.

He's crass at times yea, he needs to sit down and explain in depth his solutions but so do all of them.
    yeah see this is the issue. white males have gone from parking in two spots at the same time at walmart to voting based on some real beneath adult criteria.People actually believe that Trump's loudness and immaturity = strength and we NEED MAH STRONG. It's a very unfortunate inconvenience.

I remember telling my little brother about illuminati and he said 'what's wrong with them running the world, they're doing a good job' lol.

That very simple statement made me realize something. Lets say hilary is funded by all of wallstreet and trump isn't. So? Cronyism etc has been a part of the system since John Adams at least and frankly powerful interest have built a great country. Somebody being funded by small donations, or their own money, doesn't instantanously make them more democratic in disposition, more competent, more people focused, more truthful, or all around 'better' by any other rational metric.

We have this logically fallacy that's world wide and completely unquestioned that says that successful people are bad and unsuccessful people are noble. The idea is usually pitched by unsuccessful people, and this election has been classified by the assumption that the source of people's funding, or lack thereof, makes them good. Because if successful people put their support behind something they have to be doing it to satisfy their drive to be evil or against everyone else. Not being a part of the establishment doesn't make someone good or bad and shouldn't be a metric of judgement. Someone who's not 'in' or 'with' the establishment can not only act just like the establishment, but in fact do whatever it is that the establishment does which makes your feel that they're particularly bad people. Every hick and bammer in America, under this assumption would be a better 'leader' than people like Hilary, Romney, Obama etc.

Banned

So what's your point?

They're all the same?

Basically they are.

I don't think if any of these four got elected there would be any major difference. Mainly because the President isn't the be all end all.

Which is why it's laughable at the fear Trump and your "emasculated white man" is instilling in minoritie and liberals.

Banned

And yes leadership, especially figurehead leadership is all about personality. The president has always been somewhat of a prop.

Charismatic speaking is what got Obama elected. If dude was up there like Ben Carson there would be a Mormon in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post

as a European I am mostly concerned with foreign policy when it comes to US elections. in recent history Bill Clinton & Obama have shown to me that Democrats tend to show some more restraint in going to war (as compared to Bush Jr & Sr). if I were able to vote I'd go for Sanders. Clinton is a liability. I mean how is she even still being allowed to run for president after having sent e-mails concerning official policy through an unprotected server

I can agree with you on various points you make : these politicians have a hard time agreeing on anything so that could lower the risk of rash decisions. also for the US itself (policy within the US I mean) I don't think there would be that much of a difference between democrats & republicans

I think I would have a clearer view of Trump's skills if I could assess his accumen as a businessman. but I find that hard since I find his story confusing. he's highly successful but at the same time I can't really figure out whether his Chapter 11 reorganisations of 4 businesses over the years are the result of bad strategies or were actually smart decisions to get things going again. which is why I'm about to read this http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-bankruptcies/

one thing is for sure, Trump is big on selling easy truths, which doesn't instill much faith in me. I think it was only this week he finally explained his plans for health care. it had been a long time coming
    Retired.