Page 13 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Election thread

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    So what's your point?

They're all the same?

Basically they are.

I don't think if any of these four got elected there would be any major difference. Mainly because the President isn't the be all end all.

Which is why it's laughable at the fear Trump and your "emasculated white man" is instilling in minoritie and liberals.
    your us of words like fear make more sense to me than the rest of the post which I didn't read.

The issue at hand is a large swath of America is authoritarian and Trump appeals to that in them. I've lived in a country with authoritarian rule and one thing people make the mistake of thinking is authoritarian = strength.

There's a desire for a he-man muscly candidate and Trump is playing the game needed to convince otherwise weak people that he is 'strong' and 'powerful'. I watched swaths of Americans fawn over frauds like Putin under the propoganda that he's a muscly man and that he's strong. People like this aren't strong and their weakness inevitably destroys them and the things they're given responsibility over. What we're facing is the fact that Americans haven't witnessed how horrible it is to give governing authority to someone who prides themselves in not being cooperative. Someone who because he or she can't learn how things work, find it easier to uproot what's on the ground and act as if it's a blank slate they can start over with. What you're witnessing isn't strength or power but weak people won't see this.

It's weakness. It looks like weakness to anyone with perspective. The same people that thought Putin was a bad ass ass kicker who kicks ass have something loud and entertaining to draw them in the process. Unfortunately there's a lot of these people.

I like Bernie. Bernie's a strong leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    And yes leadership, especially figurehead leadership is all about personality. The president has always been somewhat of a prop.
    when I read this I instantly thought of Reagan. doesn't seem like he made any of the important decisions himself (I read a biography a while back, so that's only one source of course - but still) but he could sure sell those decisions to the public
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    as a European I am mostly concerned with foreign policy when it comes to US elections. in recent history Bill Clinton & Obama have shown to me that Democrats tend to show some more restraint in going to war (as compared to Bush Jr & Sr). if I were able to vote I'd go for Sanders. Clinton is a liability. I mean how is she even still being allowed to run for president after having sent e-mails concerning official policy through an unprotected server

I can agree with you on various points you make : these politicians have a hard time agreeing on anything so that could lower the risk of rash decisions. also for the US itself (policy within the US I mean) I don't think there would be that much of a difference between democrats & republicans

I think I would have a clearer view of Trump's skills if I could assess his accumen as a businessman. but I find that hard since I find his story confusing. he's highly successful but at the same time I can't really figure out whether his Chapter 11 reorganisations of 4 businesses over the years are the result of bad strategies or were actually smart decisions to get things going again. which is why I'm about to read this http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-bankruptcies/

one thing is for sure, Trump is big on selling easy truths, which doesn't instill much faith in me. I think it was only this week he finally explained his plans for health care. it had been a long time coming

the email thing won't stick. What'll hurt hilary is she's generally unlikeable because she's very rational which translates to stiff and boring in action. Hilary won't be able to beat trump because she's not conditioned for out of the box campaigns and nonsense. She has a hard time hiding how she feels in her face and she's geniunely a bitch. I believe she would be harsher on America's enemies than anyone else running period. In a campaign I feel she would be too 'controlled' to be as candid and off cuff as this particular campaign demands her to be.

Which isn't what we need right now. We need to stick down as a country and get our priorities straight. The westphalian system has fallen apart and thinking of something beyond that is necessary because right now the US and west as a whole are stuck focusing an expensive and dangerous non-entities and America's commitment to protect this irrelevant world order makes us completely unable to manuever. The world moves too fast now and statelessness makes the old order cumbersome and wasteful.

America needs to focus on America. The economy is on an upswing and we can do a lot with the momentum like modernizing infrustructure. Obama is currently working on opening the country up more to foreign investment (it's almost impossible to bring a company into the US from somewhere else) which will lead to the economy exploding. If US companies don't want to stay in the US, there are 10 foreign companies to replace each one that's dying for a chance to manufacture, assembly or serve in the US.

but very few americans will ever understand this because we learn everything from TV and commercials. Hilary comes close, but she's not an out of the box thinker. Idk Sander's foreign policy objectives but i hope it's not even a focus for him because who cares.

i actually agree with all of TSAs points for a change

She has a hard time hiding how she feels in her face and she's geniunely a bitch.
    lol, that was my exact thought when I saw the video of her telling that kid she should run for office or whatever. Her face does absolutely nothing to hide the unabashed bitchiness running through her veins

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    your us of words like fear make more sense to me than the rest of the post which I didn't read.

The issue at hand is a large swath of America is authoritarian and Trump appeals to that in them. I've lived in a country with authoritarian rule and one thing people make the mistake of thinking is authoritarian = strength.

There's a desire for a he-man muscly candidate and Trump is playing the game needed to convince otherwise weak people that he is 'strong' and 'powerful'. I watched swaths of Americans fawn over frauds like Putin under the propoganda that he's a muscly man and that he's strong. People like this aren't strong and their weakness inevitably destroys them and the things they're given responsibility over. What we're facing is the fact that Americans haven't witnessed how horrible it is to give governing authority to someone who prides themselves in not being cooperative. Someone who because he or she can't learn how things work, find it easier to uproot what's on the ground and act as if it's a blank slate they can start over with. What you're witnessing isn't strength or power but weak people won't see this.

It's weakness. It looks like weakness to anyone with perspective. The same people that thought Putin was a bad ass ass kicker who kicks ass have something loud and entertaining to draw them in the process. Unfortunately there's a lot of these people.

I like Bernie. Bernie's a strong leader.

Well then thanks for reading the whole thing because I waited until the final sentence.

Banned

And these aren't Nigerians. These are spoiled Americans.

huh?
    I guess I would have to read your post to get the context of the last statement.

Romney came at Trump, brother.

Romeny would have made a good president and is a great representation of the country. he said some coony shit to appeal to the dregs of the republican party (which Trump is sweeping through because he's tacky and cheap), but I don't hold it against him and know he's a pragmatic leader. I prefered Obama though but they remind me of each other. I think that was the best election we've had in a while.

Here's Trumps response. He says he has a Gucci store worth more than Romney LOL

Banned

to be fair Clintons de regulation of banks and sub prime lending les the thr housing bubble of the early 2000's during the first Bush term.

There is always spillover.

Bernie may very well be a strong leader. I've said from the start I want to see Bernie vs. Trump.

But Bernie has yet to fully outline his plans either.

I mean I have a few friends that are Bernie fanatics.

America should be the first priority. I've always said that. I think Trump and Sanders noth understand that.

There is no metric on who will be better. Dar is right about that.

Most of these things are out of the presidents control anyway.

Like I said 18 posts ago, it's not a dictatorship.

It's not a dictatorship at all, it's a system, and you can't have something in the system that doesn't function the way it's supposed to or else the entire operation goes to shit. Sanders is actually intelligent. It's a shame that America is America but I just witness the same thing happen in Nigeria. Jonathan who had ideas and was changing the country was ousted for a former dictator and sponsor or terrorists because people thought he would be 'stronger'. They weren't thinking this because he was (he's a half dead 75 year old man), they were thinking this because they themselves were week and the affinity for authoritarianism in weak people is a strong motivator.

He's president now and senators can't send him bills to approve because he doesn't understand legislative language nor english very well and requests they come read it to him personally which they won't because that's not their job. I can go on and on and the American case won't be as bad because our system is stronger but if a candidate appeals to someone because they're not cooperative or tactful then RIP.

Banned

huh?
    I guess I would have to read your post to get the context
    Yea reading something in full usually helps with that.

Banned

It's not a dictatorship at all, it's a system, and you can't have something in the system that doesn't function the way it's supposed to or else the entire operation goes to shit. Sanders is actually intelligent. It's a shame that America is America but I just witness the same thing happen in Nigeria. Jonathan who had ideas and was changing the country was ousted for a former dictator and sponsor or terrorists because people thought he would be 'stronger'. They weren't thinking this because he was (he's a half dead 75 year old man), they were thinking this because they themselves were week and the affinity for authoritarianism in weak people is a strong motivator.

He's president now and senators can't send him bills to approve because he doesn't understand legislative language nor english very well and requests they come read it to him personally which they won't because that's not their job. I can go on and on and the American case won't be as bad because our system is stronger but if a candidate appeals to someone because they're not cooperative or tactful then RIP.

bernie is intelligent. The real shame if you ask me is that these people can't work together.

Although comparing Trump to some of these people is a reach in my opinion.

I'm surprised Trump got this far. Politics aside, hes unpleasant to listen to and even worse to look at. Who the fuck wants a flock of seagulls haired shouty prawn as their leader?

Bernie Sanders seems like the best choice, but realistically Trump is probably up against Bills main bitch.

Banned

If we are talking looks than Sanders is the loser. He's Larry David's less funny brother.

But that shit don't matter.

Their all gargoyles.

Sanders looks like he's going to say something hilarious at any minute. He should really just say a bunch of hilarious shit. His voice is also jew'd out which makes you think he's going to say something funny even when you're not looking at him.

It was only a matter of time till the candidates got it poppin with the dixxx

Trump gets accused of having small hands, responds that he not only has large hand, but a large dick as well
    https://www.facebook.com/topic/Donal...40497820093442

to his credit trump is fucking hilarious and has the most swag of all the candidates.

Sanders actually looks better now than when he was young.