Page 24 of 126 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Election thread

Banned

Well yea that's how it works. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

That is indeed human nature I cannot ever see that not being a part of any form of human interaction whether it be politics, corporate, or just everyday life.

People just want to carve out a slice for themselves and their families. That'll never ever ever ever change.

The only way you get a utopian society is through complete mind control. Religion is ridiculously effective at this.

In a democratic and capitalist society, where free thought and individual rights and innovation are held at the highest degree, you will never have control like that. It goes against its nature.

We have a mix of a lot of things depending on where you go in the country, they lean one way or another.

It's all rigged at some point.

Default When Trump wins ...

Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-17-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

^ Um, why is this in the Election thread?

I was going to make a drake summer sixteen joke until I remember most of you were lame

Dude snapped with 'bamboo coon'

Last edited by TSA; 04-20-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madchild View Post
    ^ Um, why is this in the Election thread?
    racist 'when trump wins' threats at the end is why. it says something about some of his voters
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

My bad... I didn't get all the way through that.

very, very, very doubtful.
    This is the only candidate addressing how sold and and weak to money our country is and has consistently not cared about financial rewards for over 70 years, I don't think he's going to want a new car at 80. Though he's already been on Bill Maher prior to running.

NY is a disappointment but was clearly rigged, though I think Hilary would have still won marginally. I'm even questioning the results in the previous southern states as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    very, very, very doubtful.
    This is the only candidate addressing how sold and and weak to money our country is and has consistently not cared about financial rewards for over 70 years, I don't think he's going to want a new car at 80. Though he's already been on Bill Maher prior to running.

NY is a disappointment but was clearly rigged, though I think Hilary would have still won marginally. I'm even questioning the results in the previous southern states as well.
    I was reading something last night about all the donations Hilary has received over the years. Huge oil companies donated millions to her campaign and then she goes and OK's an oil pipeline that they have wanted? US politics is fucked. Irish politics is fucked as well but in a different way. I think Bernie was a little ahead of his time personally, another decade and I think he would have gained a lot more. People seem to be getting more and more sick and tired of money hungry rich elitist cunts like Hilary Clinton who could give a fuck about what the average American wants but instead would like to appease her multi million dollar donators and scumbag warmongering allies like Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    I was reading something last night about all the donations Hilary has received over the years. Huge oil companies donated millions to her campaign and then she goes and OK's an oil pipeline that they have wanted? US politics is fucked. Irish politics is fucked as well but in a different way. I think Bernie was a little ahead of his time personally, another decade and I think he would have gained a lot more. People seem to be getting more and more sick and tired of money hungry rich elitist cunts like Hilary Clinton who could give a fuck about what the average American wants but instead would like to appease her multi million dollar donators and scumbag warmongering allies like Saudi Arabia and Israel.
    Yeah Hilary is exactly what Bernie came to stand against but that 'system' is very strong and like you said Bernie is well ahead of his time. Has been since the 60s, and history consistently proves him right. Even with him standing up to congress to say they should look into the trillions of dollars companies are using to evade taxes in tax havens over 10 years ago. We all knew it was happening but he was the only one that cited it's extent as an extraction of resources from the US.

Today everyone is saying it.
    Many americans are also naive to the extent by which foreign actors are a part of this system as well. The seediest of seedy foreign actors at that. They don't know the kickbacks israelis and their companies or qataris saudis and their citizens get just because they own shares in White House Inc. We're all sick of it, that's why Ben Carson, Trump and Bernie all did well with either their own money or small donations, but a Hilary victory means that shit wins because it's also going to take momentum and moral away from the movement against a bought and crippled government for both republicans and democrats.

There are a lot of 'future' issues that Bernie is addressing and the public has received it well, but the people benefiting from it are in the tightest visible collaboration I've personally ever seen though I'm young.
    Last edited by TSA; 04-21-2016 at 01:05 PM.

lol my sister says if Hilary gets the nom she's voting Trump. I'm opting out of the election in general cause I don't see a candidate saying anything reasonable outside of Bernie.

Bernie is the candidate, and the democratic party doesn't understand that Bernie voters will never support Hilary. If she believes she can beat Trump with 1/2-1/3 of the democratic party then best of luck.

The level of robbery that happened in NY tells a lot about where we are in our electoral process.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Yeah Hilary is exactly what Bernie came to stand against but that 'system' is very strong and like you said Bernie is well ahead of his time. Has been since the 60s, and history consistently proves him right. Even with him standing up to congress to say they should look into the trillions of dollars companies are using to evade taxes in tax havens over 10 years ago. We all knew it was happening but he was the only one that cited it's extent as an extraction of resources from the US.

Today everyone is saying it.
    Many americans are also naive to the extent by which foreign actors are a part of this system as well. The seediest of seedy foreign actors at that. They don't know the kickbacks israelis and their companies or qataris saudis and their citizens get just because they own shares in White House Inc. We're all sick of it, that's why Ben Carson, Trump and Bernie all did well with either their own money or small donations, but a Hilary victory means that shit wins because it's also going to take momentum and moral away from the movement against a bought and crippled government for both republicans and democrats.

There are a lot of 'future' issues that Bernie is addressing and the public has received it well, but the people benefiting from it are in the tightest visible collaboration I've personally ever seen though I'm young.
    I was really impressed by Bernie not going to AIPAC and instead continuing his campaign. And then his recorded speech he made in a video which is what he would have said was really impressive. He basically attacked Israel for their treatment of Palestinians, their theft of land, denial of basic human rights & apartheid system but at the same time said he was 100% pro Israel. Every US politician usually has to bow to Israel so it was great to hear someone speak his mind.

I think its crazy that during elections, all politicians have to bow down to another country and dictate their love for that country and what they will do for them if elected. The whole thing is preposterous. Plus the fact every Americans tax dollars go to a foreign nation. Why not back into the US economy? WTF. With Hilary this shit will not change.

If anything, I guarantee under Hilary especially if she gets a second election there will be another war / invasion in the middle east. Saudi Arabia want to nuke Yemen to rid the Houtis. Israel has been wanting to go at Lebanon again for some time 'to target the Hezbollah' even though we know they want to target the whole country and also they want to permanently remove the Palestinians from their own land. And both want to at Iran. Since Hilary is basically a cum dumpster for both of the those countries, I wouldn't be surprised if this shit happens.
    Last edited by Durag; 04-21-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Seen this on a forum. I heard shit about the NY primary not been fair but I dont have the details or know too much. Is the below true?

Quote Originally Posted by jack strawb

Congratulations, I guess, on failing to report on the myriad ways the Clinton campaign stole this election, and the primary process along with it.

--The DNC, presided over by Clinton courtier Debbie Wasserman-Schulz, front-loaded the Southern primaries in 2016 (compare with the 2008 schedule, and be aware the first four primaries are essentially unmovable).

--The DNC made the early primaries, which Hillary Clinton was likely to win against any challenger, primaries rather than caucuses, thereby encouraging the perception she had greater popular vote support.

--The DNC rigged the debate schedule making it unlikely another candidate would be able to overcome Clinton's name recognition and her support among professional Democrats.

--The DNC created / maintained a superdelegate process that effectively granted Clinton a 700 delegate lead and also the appearance of inevitability.

--The DNC cooperated through studied passivity in suppressing the vote, as in Arizona.

--The DNC cooperated with the state Democratic party in New York in suppressing the number of new voters who could vote in the NY primary, and the number of Independents who could change their affiliation in time to vote for a candidate other than Clinton.

All these and more benefited Hillary Clinton, and even so she will barely win the nomination.

Oh, that's right, you're journalists. Doubtless you'll get on this some time after November 2016.

dude I'm even suspecting that very out of character invitation from the Pope. Does that even make sense?