Page 76 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1878

Thread: Election thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    governor Tom Wolf of Michigan says he expects to have the full result for his state by the end of the day (unlike Pennsylvania). there were about 100,000 votes left to count in Michigan about 45 minutes ago
    You want to be my neighbor and you don’t even know that Tom Wolf is our governor and not Michigan’s?
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-04-2020 at 12:55 PM. Reason: I hit the edit instead of quote button to comment, sorry

The Trump team is sending emails to its known voters. I saw this being posted. I can't vouch for it being legit. it's being reported by mainstream European media right now

Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    You want to be my neighbor and you don’t even know that Tom Wolf is our governor and not Michigan’s?
    I'm glad you're calling me out on this. That goes to show you European media are getting it wrong so often. I took the information from national media here. thanks for setting me straight. it looks like everything I post from European sources should come with a caveat. and I should double check by myself before posting

in general I can say that the level of reporting on Trump's term and on this election is pretty questionable in Europe. this right here was just another good example of getting facts wrong, but more in broader terms there has been a rather glaring bias against Trump specifically and Republicans in general. earlier today I was reflecting on this (due to the election) and looking back now, at least as far back as Bush Sr (I was too young during Reagan's term) reporting on Republicans was from a moral high ground and derogatory. the whole Clinton private life affair thing was being looked upon favourably and Obama could do no wrong although he did not actually get that much done over eight years. Bush Jr got it the worst though lol

(mild) right wing media are not mainstream here at all. the supposedly neutral media here are rather left wing and I've only recently come to realize this

talking with all of you guys (whether you vote Democrat, Republican or do not vote at all) has helped me tremendously in BEGINNING to understand American society and politics - and not the way European media portray it[/QUOTE]
    Retired.

ha they just corrected the mistake on the governor's name in the live feed I see
    Retired.

Trump is asking for a recount in Wisconsin
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    There was an aggressive drive to get ppl to vote before election day because democrats are negatively effected by election day hiccups. Theyre in crowded districts with long lines, have less control of their schedule, and rely more of public transport. Theyre also comsistently met with disenfranchisement more and are more concerned with COVID because of higher education levels and IQ.
    Insightful, thank you.
    Retired.

lol now that it's not going to be fun for robby to 'talk politics', he has to sit down and address how many times he was molested.

I feel like everyone's about to get a new signature.

Dooch is forced to think about the line

"Maybe you're Sicilian with a tan, but you hate Lasagna and the pizza man"

can any of you suggest a reliable live feed from a US source? the updates in the Belgian live feed are far and in between (last one was 56 minutes ago lol ...) and they are littered with assumptions and the occasional factual mistake because of hasty work. it's evening here right now and I'd like to keep up with things for a about an hour or three

thanks
    Retired.

They're all saying what they each want to hear. I just check Google every now and then. https://www.google.com/search?q=elec...23election2020
    PA, NC and Georgia are slated to flip blue lol. I think PA will flip blue but NC and GA will stay marginally red. This is likely the last election Republicans can win with their current make-up if the dem's establishment/progressive split and incompetence at politics doesn't turn them into 2 distinct parties. They have more experience making uncommon bedfellows work together so that likely won't happen in any substantial way.

The republicans will either have to stop being an ethno-militia (which they're considering and attempting at the moment) or basically become a 3rd party and focus on legislative (senate specifically) politics.
    Last edited by TSA; 11-04-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Banned

CNN has called Wisconsin for Biden.

Banned

Oooh somebody is saucy today!

I don’t lose a wink over any of this, breh. All crooks in the end.

damn, you're a stoic nigga lol.

HTML Code:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BREAKING?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BREAKING</a>: Large, animated crush of “stop the count” protestors trying to push their way into TCF hall in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Detroit?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Detroit</a> where ballots are being counted.<br><br>They’re being blocked by guards at the door. <br><br>Pizza boxes are pushed against the window to obstruct view. It’s tense. <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNews?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NBCNews</a> <a href="https://t.co/zFhzd88skX">pic.twitter.com/zFhzd88skX</a></p>&mdash; Steve Patterson (@PattersonNBC) <a href="https://twitter.com/PattersonNBC/status/1324086177885003778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-04-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    Retired.

jesus h christ 8 attempts to embed/link to a tweet, I give up - shit is clearly above my pay grade, guess I'll just have to CharlesJones it

"#BREAKING: Large, animated crush of “stop the count” protestors trying to push their way into TCF hall in #Detroit where ballots are being counted.They’re being blocked by guards at the door. Pizza boxes are pushed against the window to obstruct view. It’s tense. @NBCNews"

tweet by some guy named Steve Patterson
    Retired.