Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan Still Hasn’t Sold That $5 Million Album

nada ignorante

fuck this album and the whole idea behind it.
    N.I.

I don't know if this is some long played out scheme where in the end, they come through and say, we have decided to release the album to the public...

Either way, I am definitely interested in hearing it and I could honestly give two fucks about Wu-Tang puts out these days.

I say this as I have OB4CL playing on the loud speakers in my office right now...
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I'd say Meth hasn't made a hot album since Tical

blackout was solid AF..
    I'm not going to say that method man is never a good rapper, but he has no clue what makes him good and things corny punchlines are what got him where he's at. He's also clearly very lazy and doesn't take pride in his work outside of performing.

Meth kills tracks where he lets loose and has a lot of energy. What he lacks in lyrics and has in personality and entertainment value. Unfortunately most of his best moments seem to be accidents if 90% of his work is ass.

On Forever he kills, but after that everything was ehh. The only time he did anything particularly nice was some songs on Blackout which lyrically Red held the album together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    I'd say I've never heard a bad verse from Meth as his flow is always impeccable. On the other hand beat selection has been very weak for some Wu solos, especially Meth and Rae.
    I agree with Meth's flow always being on point. but some of his lyrical content is just lazy sometimes with punchlines that are way too obvious and withawkward pop culture references

you're right on the beat selection too

personally I liked Tical 2000 (minus the skits) more than Tical. Tical sounds more like a real album with a cohesive sound, but I just like the variety in beats, flows & guests on Tical 2000 better. I will say though that the singles on Tical are untouchable

it's glaringly obvious Meth is more interested in acting in movies than in recording solo projects. it's his loyalty that keeps him at work in the recording studio : Wu group albums, collabo albums with Red, now this Staten Island project with Streetlife & Hanz On
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-02-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    Retired.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I'm willing to meet him half way and pay cd retail price to listen to it in a museum in 44 years time, that's my final offer tho.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Dare I say meth seems to be a better feature mc as opposed to solo work HE oversees

^truth
    his verse on Trillmatic would make you think Meth Lab is fire, but no.

Also, why should he show loyalty to rza and his vision when rza couldn't be bothered to consult his brothers and clarify the nature of the album in the first place? Seems disrespectful to his team to call something a Wu Tang Clan album when the clan members know next to nothing about it.

-

LOL@Hotnikks and Frank Drebin hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I can't believe they're working on another group album. Please Wu Tang Clan, no more albums LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Wu-Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post

Also, why should he show loyalty to rza and his vision when rza couldn't be bothered to consult his brothers and clarify the nature of the album in the first place? Seems disrespectful to his team to call something a Wu Tang Clan album when the clan members know next to nothing about it.
    Good point..And RADIOACTIVEMAN

you might have something to say about Meth's loyalty to RZA....if you were RZA...that way you would know the ins and outs...there are ALOT of things that go on behind closed doors that the public knows nothing about..the fact Meth still reps wu how he does (ABT) is pretty loyal to me..

I just think ppl should ease up as fans...and stop acting like they have all the answers for everything..noone is perfect..if you love someones work and are a fan or supporter of them..then be that..if not...move on...kicking dirt on the names that inspired you does nothing for you.

Wu-Veteran

The way i look at it..being method man probably isnt as easy as everyone thinks..he doesnt have just one fanbase to please..he has many...and each one of them gets mad at him for pleasing one side at a time...he tries to fit somewhere in the middle..and thats never good enough for hardcore fans...I think hell get it right with crystal meth. Then all the critics can shut the fuck up

Peace CT

Meth is still dope. Just more hit or miss now a days. Thought he was MVP on 8D, which I know people on here think that doesn't stand for much. As far as this whole Ringz fiasco album. I said from start when Ringz was dropping line-up features that we would never hear this. So at this point I don't give 2 sh!ts about this albums since we cant hear it. Do I wanna hear it? Absolutely, but at this point not gonna sweat something I cant have. Czarface 2 and Dom P releases keep me entertained and prove Wu can still produce. Peace

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Meth suits the older style beats eg Trillmatic, he sounded fantastic on that song.
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Yooo we got this single piece of art for you, it's:

1. the only copy of a Wu-Tang Clan album (valued at $5.000.000)
    2. produced by Cilvathingz (now valued at $500.000)
    3. Mediocre Man: fuck Cilvaringz (now for $50.000)
    4. With Cher (down to $5.000)
    5. and FC Barcelona players rapping ($500 left)
    6. Carice van Houten but no titties ($50)
    7. Did I mention Cilvabling? (final price $5)

Cilva, give me your paypal and I'll send you 10 bucks for the album. You can keep the change.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

My offer of downloading it for free is still standing i didnt even download ABT so thats a compliment
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    Meth suits the older style beats eg Trillmatic, he sounded fantastic on that song.