0 0%
  • 2- Average

0 0%
  • 1- Wack

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Eric B & Rakim- Let The Rhythm Hit Em

Default Eric B & Rakim- Let The Rhythm Hit Em

Dusted this one off a couple of days ago, and revisited it. I must say, this album holds up and is still as good as it was before. Ra's voice sounds even better on this to me. Deeper and grimier. His subject matter expanded as well. Much like a lot of the late 80s/early 90s rap, this album had a fusion of those jazzy and soul beats.

No real radio friendly tracks on here. "Let The Rhythm Hit Em" starts the album off on fire, and as some may know, this was the joint that had some bars in there for Kane but Ra ended up taking them out. This track hits hard.

"No Omega" has crazy bars. I would argue that whole verse is Rakim's greatest verse of all time.

"In The Ghetto" was one of the singles here, and as you all know is a hip hop classic.

"Step Back" is underrated and not often talked about but the beat is really nice and Ra as usual just goes in.

"Mahogany" is a stand out and even though it's a song about woman, it's still hood.

A short album overall, and has no weak tracks for me. For my money, I think this is their best album together. At this point in time, Eric B & Rakim weren't getting the radio play they did during their first two albums, but this album to me is a more focused effort and has a natural flow about it, even though it isn't as catchy as Paid In Full or Follow The Leader. What I love about the beats is that they put you in NY, and it gives you that vibe without even hearing a verse. For me, an easy 5/5.

What did y'all think about this one?

-

This album was alright but Paid In Full is their best album. I'm mad at them for breaking up because they should've stayed together. Rakim's solo albums suck LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.