Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really don't get the hype about drones

Default I really don't get the hype about drones

I know it's died down because the manufactures that own CNN are on chill but I don't get the big deal. It's just a big ass remote controlled plane and the technology to make it possible has been out news since 1950.

Everyone was getting all pumped about them like they were some alien technology that's going to CHANGE DA BATTLEFIELD FOREVER. It's just a big ass remote controlled airplane.

May be giving them too much credit but the government made have hyped them up because terrorism is a propaganda war, and their primary value is in their star wars sounding name and vague application.

Nigerians are really annoying and take western hype words to heart because the cultural context for being able to understand that America is cooning So thinking drones are something to take serious outside of CNN, they've gone 'drone crazy'. Like they legitimately think we think Kim Kardashian is an exceptional and valuable person because we talk about her so much without understanding we're talking about her because she and we are coons.

Every time someone wants to steal money they say 'we're using drone technology to monitor the state for kidnappers' then they buy a remote controlled airplane (large), takes pictures with it, and budget hundreds of millions for it.

This is coonary, but I wonder if people's lack of understanding about how unimpressive this technology is has been used to manipulate them here in the US as well.

Facebook wanted to give the whole of Africa internet using drones (LOL) that will beam internet down. The people in Africa that can have internet have it and the people that can't also don't have electricity to charge their phones for your drone shit internet.

And i'm reading this like, idk man, is everyone else this dumb and gullible or am I not understanding something?

Drones with internet? LOL nigga..

'

'

There is actually a lot of different use cases for drones in the medical field, municipal depts, military, live sports, film industry etc.

BeeRock Hobbyist, Amazon and Dominoes pizza make it look gimmicky.

Banned

People shooting down drones cracks me up for some reason. I guess it's the Alex Jones paranoia fear mongering that's hyping it the loudest.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

'

this one is the shit, i want it for a powder day in the chutes and back bowls

oh shit! ok that one is bad ass

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post
    There is actually a lot of different use cases for drones in the medical field, municipal depts, military, live sports, film industry etc.

BeeRock Hobbyist, Amazon and Dominoes pizza make it look gimmicky.
    even the military makes it gimmicky, I haven't seen it used in the other industries but i will say that it's good for filming from a new perspective.

Why are they even called 'drones', they're remote controlled airplanes. I think drone is US military propaganda (which is smart and necessary in a media war like the war on terrorism)

Banned

Wasn't there a demonstration video of the Lily where the guy was snowboarding?

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Non Ignorant Math Team

fear of voyeurism

NON-IGS

Banned

^^ only when it happens to them. The same people "fearing voyeurism" keep up with the Kardashian's

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    ^^ only when it happens to them. The same people "fearing voyeurism" keep up with the Kardashian's
    actually its true with everyone. majority want o be voyeurs but no one wants to be an exhibitionist.

NON-IGS

'

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Why are they even called 'drones', they're remote controlled airplanes. I think drone is US military propaganda (which is smart and necessary in a media war like the war on terrorism)
    Yea the branding is all fucked up, mainly from our retarded media. Quad-copters are entirely different from autonomous military drones that can do recon missions and fly in formation without human intervention.

'

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    People shooting down drones cracks me up for some reason. I guess it's the Alex Jones paranoia fear mongering that's hyping it the loudest.

Drones are totally useless against any solid army. Armed UAV's are good for random anti-terror attacks or some guerilla warfare, but in full scale war, they're pigeons waiting to be shot down.

Surveillance is a different thing though.
    Last edited by SL33; 09-04-2015 at 11:40 AM.

insect sized ones that follow ppl would be a game changer in a war. If they made (which they have) the one robby posted the size of a mosquito and have it follow enemy movements from 1 mile away, that could be huge.