Grand Prix
    Hyperdermix
    Friction
    Uncontrolled Substance
    Show n' Prove
    Lovin You
    Mova's and Shakers
    R.E.C Room

These are the joints I like off UC, that's almost a whole album's worth right there which is more than I can say for Cuban linx 2 but I digress...UC is a solid but ultimately dissapointing album when compared to those initial classics. I'd say the biggest issue I take with the album is that Deck didn't deliver any real memorable verses compared to his guest spots. His verse on Tony Touch's Piece Maker Abduction joint (which is post UC) was much more memorable than anything on UC.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    you have to take into account the countless hours, days, months, years rza spent practically locked up in that basement, at one point dude thought it was time to start to chill the fuck out a bit

hence the 'you're on your own' after Forever
    As Raekwon said, they were in a bus and RZA was the driver. Nobody asked him to do what he did from 1993 to 1997. I didn't ask him to produce everything like he did with the first solos I knew he wasn't able to. But I hoped he would be the producer he was on supreme clientele for example.

Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    But I hoped he would be the producer he was on supreme clientele for example.
    that's an excellent point
    Retired.

Yeah I always thought this album was sub par - honestly only listened to it through the whole way a handful of times. Very disappointing although its the best thing Deck has ever done. Considering how good U-Gods last two solo albums were, Deck has easily had the worst solo career. Such a fuckin waste

-

LOL@TSA dissing Inspectah Deck's album hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah that album is terrible but I like Word On The Street and Rec Room songs. I like the album pictures. His other solo albums are terrible too LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I just cannot comprehend why Inspectah Deck just does not produce an entire album for himself, he is nice with the beats and could do this easily. He should do an entire album with Ayatollah as well, he did about half of Movement, but he needs somebody to help him pick beats, he picked out mostly duds from Ayatollah.. I am pretty sure Ayatollah had a bunch more bangers, but Deck probably picked most of the worst ones.. I need to become an A&R, I have an exquisite ear for beats.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I just cannot comprehend why Inspectah Deck just does not produce an entire album for himself, he is nice with the beats and could do this easily. He should do an entire album with Ayatollah as well, he did about half of Movement, but he needs somebody to help him pick beats, he picked out mostly duds from Ayatollah.. I am pretty sure Ayatollah had a bunch more bangers, but Deck probably picked most of the worst ones.. I need to become an A&R, I have an exquisite ear for beats.
    Deck thinks that he knows best

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Very dope album IMO

Quote Originally Posted by FakeAlias View Post
    Cuban Linx 2 IS a great album. I still listen to it on the regular. House of Flying Daggers is the best Wu-Tang song in ages. Still is.

Uncontrolled Substance IS lame. It's a barely above-average album from a rapper who is capable of making a great album. Or WAS.

Friction & Rec Room were dope.

Longevity was dope but could have used another Clan member.

9th Chamber should have been a Wu-Tang Clan posse cut, not a Wu-Weed Carrier posse cut. Where the fuck were Rae, Ghost, GZA and RZA during the recording sessions? Fucking Ghostface even goes on to rap over one of these beats on SC - he couldn't have just done it to give Deck a feature for U.S.?

The other songs on the album were okay. Trouble Man and Word on the Street were solid. Not what I wanted from Deck tho. People always praise Show And Prove but the hook makes me cringe so I can't fuck with it.
    So many ppl like CL2 and I actually don't get it lol. The only thing I revisit is Pyrex Vision. I think the standard was just super low by the time it came out but if you actually like it you actually like it.

LMFAO was wu-weed carrier posse cut ahahahahahha. I think Deck got shafted honestly. Everyone was on with their careers by the time he dropped

Deck not getting a fair shot is an injustice

I think Resident patient is actually better
    Last edited by TSA; 10-26-2015 at 12:46 PM.

-

TSA, I agree that Raekwon and Ghostface Killah's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 album does suck LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.