• Kendrick Deep Water

8 72.73%
  • Em Medicine Man

3 27.27%

Thread: Better Verse: Kendrick on 'Deep Water' vs Eminem on 'Medicine Man'

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Better Verse: Kendrick on 'Deep Water' vs Eminem on 'Medicine Man'

Kendrick's verse in this case... "Love Game" is a tougher decision

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

lol i didn't even know that song existed. thanks ha.

i think deep water is the craziest verse i heard all year. but em explodes on medicine man.

no probs, actually that "MMLP2" album has a few gems on there.. the best song of the whole bunch is the 'Stan' sequel which is the first track on the album. Em can still really go in when he wants to... "Rhyme Or Reason" is another dope track worth checking out, and i really liked the Beastie Boys old school vibe of "Bezerk" too.

i need to get back to that "Compton" album though.. i've only listened through it from front to back one time and repeated some of the more memorable songs a few times. i remember that all the Lamar verses really stood out though... what did you think of the LP as a whole Laced?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I love Compton. Kendrick ofc ramps it up even higher.

Compton is tremendous. And what must be annoying for a lot of his peers is that he makes it seem effortless. He knows exactly how to put an LP together. Quality control, production, mixing, guest features are all executed brilliantly.

Dre doing the new school flows is interesting and hes still sharp enough to surround himself with the best people. In response to the thread, I like Ems verse, its cool that he can still get peoples panties in a bunch. Loved Xzibits verse too and Dre on 'Talk About It'.

I love compton....and deep water is one of my favorite tracks....I vote kendrick....he kills all 3 tracks he's on
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

listening to "Compton" now, shit is fresh!

Dre always have the best mixes in the game, it's amazing how crisp and clean these beats sound but with real thump. it's interesting that hip hop has moved more and more away from the "one producer does it all" mentality when a lot of the biggest albums out now often uses 3 to 6 producers collaborating on one song.

Kendrick, pretty easily. I really dislike Em's scream flow. I do like the bar about making the bitches he rapes cum, that's vintage Slim.

Compton as a whole is great tho, one of my 5 or 10 favorite albums this year.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    listening to "Compton" now, shit is fresh!

Dre always have the best mixes in the game, it's amazing how crisp and clean these beats sound but with real thump. it's interesting that hip hop has moved more and more away from the "one producer does it all" mentality when a lot of the biggest albums out now often uses 3 to 6 producers collaborating on one song.
    That track with Premo sounds amazing. Premier's drums always slap but Dre brought something new out of em

Peace CT

I will admit, I have not really given Kendrick a chance. However, after hearing 'Compton' I think I should. He killed all 3 tracks. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT View Post
    That track with Premo sounds amazing. Premier's drums always slap but Dre brought something new out of em
    Yeah true. I think Dre and Premo collaborating on a whole LP would be ridiculous. I hope Dre takes charge of the next Eminem LP, I think all Ems best LPs have had a lot of input from Dre. Same goes for Kendrick, as dope as his LPs are, they still don't have any beats as good as Compton has.

Claaa7 did you ever make one of your lost tapes for Dr. Dre?

The Busta Rhymes one I've been playing is dope.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    they still don't have any beats as good as Compton has.
    I heard the Medicine man and Deep water beats and they where meh IMO. lol

Dre is ok, but remember he ruined the Firm (Which should have been virtually impossible).

Kendrick isn't as good as alot of people make out. He is ok lyrically, and his biggest attribute is his flow IMO. Apart from that, I don't see what all the fuss is about TBH. Dude ain't seeing 90's westcoast rappers ( Except wack ones like Snoop ect....) ahahahaha

Is it me or does Kendrick sound like Easy E ??? A few months back, somebody posted about a new N.W.A tour and they said Em would replace Easy lol. Why nobody thought to put Kendrick in instead, is puzzling (Dude is the perfect/natural fit) IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I heard the Medicine man and Deep water beats and they where meh IMO. lol

Dre is ok, but remember he ruined the Firm (Which should have been virtually impossible).

Kendrick isn't as good as alot of people make out. He is ok lyrically, and his biggest attribute is his flow IMO. Apart from that, I don't see what all the fuss is about TBH. Dude ain't seeing 90's westcoast rappers ( Except wack ones like Snoop ect....) ahahahaha

Is it me or does Kendrick sound like Easy E ??? A few months back, somebody posted about a new N.W.A tour and they said Em would replace Easy lol. Why nobody thought to put Kendrick in instead, is puzzling (Dude is the perfect/natural fit) IMO.
    You used to be prof zooruka right? This is why you lost your degree from the university of horseshit: you have bad taste. Snoop is wack?! Kendrick is meh? You are literally the worst.