Thread: Were Big and Pun cool ?

Default Were Big and Pun cool ?

I haven't heard these two mentioned much in the same sentence.

If someone has info ???

Pun wasn't in the game for long before BIG died, BIG was already dead when Puns first album was released.

Thx

Pun and Biggie collabo's would have been bananas IMO.

Yeah I doubt he ever heard of him. I don't think Pun had even done anything before BIG died.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Yeah I doubt he ever heard of him. I don't think Pun had even done anything before BIG died.

a few appearances.

Pun would've ran circles around Biggie. I've never heard a rapper with a smaller vocabulary than Biggie. Pun was on a different level with the lyrics and flow. and I know Biggie had a huge influence on Pun in terms of content, but this is a prime example of when the student beat the master

Banned

Pun is top 5 for pure mic skills. Maybe the greatest. It's just a damn fuckin shame we never got to hear more of him.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Pun may have been more technically advanced than Big, but I enjoy Big's casual flow much more.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

I was the idiot who only heard Pun's "Still Not a Player" on the radio and thought, "eh, whatever, commercial crap." my brother used to pump it in his whip all the time and I'd make fun of him for it. years later, after Pun passed, I bought Capital Punishment at a thrift store, listened to it, and I was like "holy shit! I was wrong!"

every year I become more and more impressed with Pun. his lyrics are godly, his flow is like water, and his wordplay is the rap version of Nabokov. he's insane. no disrespect to Rakim or Kane or G Rap, but whatever they invented, Pun perfected

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybarz View Post
    I was the idiot who only heard Pun's "Still Not a Player" on the radio and thought, "eh, whatever, commercial crap." my brother used to pump it in his whip all the time and I'd make fun of him for it.
    I understand this !

While Pun was dope, he did have that jiggy (Commercial) feel to his music IMO.

I think the first time I had heard Pun was You Ain't A Killer which was on a Loud sampler tape that I had.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    While Pun was dope, he did have that jiggy (Commercial) feel to his music IMO.
    guess you haven't heard "Capital Punishment" LP? beside that one song that album is hardcore as fuck... BIG's albums are more commercial sounding than Pun's debut

i hate "Still Not A Player" though

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

his second LP was very commercial, but that's because he wanted a broader audience. I feel like had he lived for a few more years, Fat Joe would've destroyed his legacy with pop-rap garbage, like the kind of crap Joe is doing right now.

also, Pun started to sound really bad in late 1999/early 2000 because of his weight gain. it's no surprise he died soon afterward. 1997-1998 were his best years. I'm still finding guest spots he did that I never knew about, like this one...

I remember seeing an interview with Pun where he said that a collabo with biggie was in the pipeline.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

This is the interview

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man