Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [unreleased] Ghostface Killah f/ 60 Second Assassin-Watch How You Cut My Shit (skit)

Default [unreleased] Ghostface Killah f/ Superb - Watch How You Cut My Shit (skit)

Quote Originally Posted by http://lavishbungalows.com
    I’ve never seen this make its way online before. It’s off a promo tape that I picked up at a Wu show at Nation in DC in 2000 around the time Supreme Clientele dropped. There was just a stack of em sittin at the bar and i grabbed a handful. I remember when I got home and popped it in thinkin I was really holdin onto some shit cuz the freestyle cut on the tape “Milk Crates” had Ghost gettin busy over breaks like “Big Beat” and “Lets Dance” and it didnt make the album due to sample clearances but that wound up on different DJ mixtapes as a rare exclusive and then the web. Thats the same case with the skit here since theres a soul track playin in the background while Ghost gets his dome laced (pause) in the barbershop so it didnt make it on final version of Supreme Clientele. Ghost tried to recreate it for the Fishscale album but it had less of a vibe. Well here ya go yall bless…
    Listen to the skit here:
    http://lavishbungalows.com/post/3721...ou-cut-my-shit

Edit: It is Superb featured on this skit, not 60 Second Assassin. Thanks to Sikkatrix.
    Last edited by pyrex visionist; 09-24-2015 at 08:14 AM.

thanks a lot for this Pyrex, never heard this before... interesting thing from that info, i had no clue that "Milk Crates" was a "Supreme Clientele" sessions joint.. though listening to it now i can see it. reminiscent of "The Grain":

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

are there any other tracks we know was scrapped from "Supreme Clientele" besides these two and "Cobra Clutch"?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    thanks a lot for this Pyrex, never heard this before... interesting thing from that info, i had no clue that "Milk Crates" was a "Supreme Clientele" sessions joint.. though listening to it now i can see it. reminiscent of "The Grain":

Yes, Supreme Clientele was supposed to be a completely different album, if we just look at the Canadian version of it and both sampler/snippet tapes. There might even be some more gems hidden somewhere. Was Ghostface ever asked about the original Supreme Clientele tracklisting (I believe Canadian version was also "edited" to some extend)?

the Canadian version and the US version are really relatively similiar though.. it's mostly sequencing that differs + "Wise" instead of "The Grain"... but now that you mention it, there actually was a different tracklist floating around when the album was supposed to be released in 1999, and articles that mentioned the recording of the song "Iron Vacation" which was a song that featured like 5 Clan generals without Ghost talking about his bid and charges. i'll see if i can dig it up

also this from the YouTube comments on "milk crates":

OK, I see Ghost rocking over Kid Capri's 52 beats mixtape. That's what he was rockin' over on "The Grain".

Members of the Wu-Tang Clan are recording a tribute to colleague Ghostface Killah, who’s facing a three-month stretch behind bars. The song, “Iron Vacation,” will be featured on his upcoming solo album, Supreme Clientele, according to Epic Records publicist Jon Oliver. Oliver said Wu-Tang producer RZA, fellow member Raekwon the Chef and associate Cappadonna have recorded vocals so far, and others, including Method Man, may contribute. Scheduling conflicts caused by Ghostface Killah’s six-month sentence for attempted robbery — he’s expected to serve three months — have delayed the release of Supreme Clientele until late summer.
    from http://www.mtv.com/news/512003/wu-ta...stface-killah/

• 1 One
    • 2 Cobrah Clutch
    • 3 Malcolm
    • 4 Mighty Healthy
    • 5 Apollo Kids (Feat. Raekwon)
    • 6 Windpipe (Feat. Bobby Digita (Rza)& Ol'dirty Basta
    • 7 In the Rain
    • 8 Nutmeg (Feat. the Rza)
    • 9 Thermastat (Feat. Ray Luga)
    • 10 Wu Banga 101 (Feat. Gza/Cappadonna/Msta Killah & Rea
    • 11 Pain (Feat. Baretta 9 & Superb)
    • 12 Ghost Deini (Feat. Superb. )
    • 13 Iron Vacation (Feat. Wu Tang Clan)

from http://entertainment.kmart.com/ghost.../5099749195523

I found this info, but I doubt it is true:
    Quote Originally Posted by villagevoice.com
    ... there was Ghostface's "My Guitar." Relegated to copies of the Supreme Clientele promotional snippet tape ...
    source: http://www.villagevoice.com/music/fi...-heard-6648936

There are three tracks on the other Supreme Clientele sampler tape titled Break Beatz 1,2 and 3. I do not know whether they were meant to be on the album,

very strongly doubt it, "My Guitar" was from "Pretty Toney" sessions i'm almost entirely certain. ah i remember those Break Beatz series of joints, pretty cool.. they were also in the same vein as "Milk Crates" and "The Grain". i would guess they were more promotional freestyles though.

but the tape that this skit is from that is pictured in the blog post is not the same as the one with the Break Beatz tracks, right? i would really like to see what's on the B-side of that cassette

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    but the tape that this skit is from that is pictured in the blog post is not the same as the one with the Break Beatz tracks, right? i would really like to see what's on the B-side of that cassette
    No, these two are completely different releases. On side 1 there is Ghost Dog sampler (side 2 is Ghostface's side).

Tracklisting for both:

- Supreme Clientele (cat. #: EAT 48758)

01. Apollo Kids
    02. Fish
    03. Break Beatz 1
    04. Ice Water
    05. Mighty Healthy
    06. Verbal Intercourse
    07. Break Beatz 2
    09. All That I Got Is You
    10. Cobrah Clutch
    11. 260
    12. Break Beatz 3
    13. Wildflower
    14. One

- Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai (Sampler) / Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele (Sampler)

01. Cakes (Kool G Rap, RZA)
    02. Walking Through The Darkness (Tekitha)
    03. 4 Sho Sho (North Star, RZA)
    04. East New York Stamp (Jeru The Damaja, Afu-Ra)
    05. One (Ghostface Killah)
    06. The Grain(Ghostface Killah, RZA)
    07. Stay True (Ghostface Killah, 60 Second Assassin)
    08. Watch How You Cut My Shit (Ghostface Killah)
    09. Milk Crates (Ghostface Killah)

Random article from Vibe (April 1999):

Amazing post from BuddahMac from June:
    http://www.thecoli.com/posts/13775531/

Interesting read:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=si

Another tentative SC tracklisting:
    01. Mighty Deadly (Mighty Healthy)
    02. Cobra Clutch
    03. Wise (f/ The Dramatics, Keith Sweat)
    04. Nutmeg (f/ The RZA)
    05. Iron Vacation (f/ Wu-Tang Clan)
    06. One
    07. Apollo Kids (f/ Raekwon)
    08. The Grain
    09. Saturday Night
    10. Ghostbond (f/ Raekwon)
    11. We Made It
    12. Windpipe (f/ The RZA & ODB)
    13. Malcolm

Does anyone have any more info on Raekwon's track "What is it?" (released in 2000)?
    Last edited by pyrex visionist; 09-24-2015 at 07:15 AM.

That's a great post. thanx for the link.

For some reason I read the thread title as: 'watch how I cut my dick' and was expecting a ghost skit making fun of Christ Bearer.

Which would've been the only appropriate way to handle that situation. Now Wu-Tang cosigned cutting your own dick off. Wu-Tang will forever be known as the rap group with members who cut off their dicks.

Still less painful than listening to A Better Tomorrow.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

May have been mentioned already, but that's Superb, not 60 Second Assassin.