Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [unreleased] Ghostface Killah f/ 60 Second Assassin-Watch How You Cut My Shit (skit)

^ good looking out... crazy to think that was almost a full year before the album actually dropped. notice also that all songs mentioned there are tracks from that 14 tracks tracklist that's been circulated, posted above.

what do you guys think about the inclusion of "Windpipe" and "Cobra Clutch" being on SC? "Cobra Clutch" would definitely have fitted on there imo, though i guess it had been available for too long once the album was to be released.

there's also the original mixtape version of "In The Rain", which i used to play over and over again back when... right click + save download as

Pyrex, do you happen to have the Breakbeatz freestyles from the SC cassettes? i used to have them but lost a lot of files

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Love it how nobody can mention Supreme Clientele without bringing up One. That is a top three Ghostface Killah Joint. How Ju Ju failed to become a household production name after that dropped is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrex visionist View Post
    Interesting read:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=si

Another tentative SC tracklisting:
    01. Mighty Deadly (Mighty Healthy)
    02. Cobra Clutch
    03. Wise (f/ The Dramatics, Keith Sweat)
    04. Nutmeg (f/ The RZA)
    05. Iron Vacation (f/ Wu-Tang Clan)
    06. One
    07. Apollo Kids (f/ Raekwon)
    08. The Grain
    09. Saturday Night
    10. Ghostbond (f/ Raekwon)
    11. We Made It
    12. Windpipe (f/ The RZA & ODB)
    13. Malcolm

Does anyone have any more info on Raekwon's track "What is it?" (released in 2000)?
    something i noticed in Buddah_MAC's excellent post on TheColi he says that "Ghostbond" and "Apollo Kids" are the same song but notice that both tracks are included on this tracklist...

also just for the record the "Ghost Deini" track on the US version of 'SC' is 100% produced by The RZA from scratch... the reason Tha Blaquesmith's is credited is because they did "The Bastards" beat. if you look up "Ghost Deini" on ASCAP or BMI (can't remember which) it is written by R. Diggs, D. Coles and whatever Superb's real name is

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

wow, anybody got this full article with the full Method Man breakdowns of "T2"?

this thread is all kinds of ill, thx Pyrex & Claaa
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 09-24-2015 at 12:42 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Pyrex, do you happen to have the Breakbeatz freestyles from the SC cassettes? i used to have them but lost a lot of files
    Break Beatz 2:
    http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/...-Beatz-2-1.mp3

Break Beatz 3:
    http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/...-Beatz-3-1.mp3

Break Beatz 1 is just a snippet of The Grain, as you have already mentioned.

source of tracks: http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/...ostface-killah

thanks fam! so...

"Breakbeatz 1" = 'The Grain'"
    "Breakbeatz 2+3" = 'Milk Crates'

Claaa, might this thread inspire you to cook up a new version of SC for thelosttapes and for us? I feel a nice lil write up about this would be up there with the best of your wu posts on the blog
    Retired.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by pyrex visionist View Post
    Amazing post from BuddahMac from June:
    http://www.thecoli.com/posts/13775531/

something i noticed in Buddah_MAC's excellent post on TheColi he says that "Ghostbond" and "Apollo Kids" are the same song but notice that both tracks are included on this tracklist...
    That tentative tracklist might have just been compiling all the known song titles released to that point, but "Ghostbond" was definitely an early working title for "Apollo Kids." Same as the more obvious "Mighty Deadly" becoming "Mighty Healthy" by album release.

wow, anybody got this full article with the full Method Man breakdowns of "T2"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    Claaa, might this thread inspire you to cook up a new version of SC for thelosttapes and for us? I feel a nice lil write up about this would be up there with the best of your wu posts on the blog
    it's possible, though i have made a post on "SC" canadian once... i've been meaning to do one on "Pretty Toney" LP though, that is the Ghost album that had the most cut tracks of all his albums. about half the Theodore Unit album was for "P.T." ..... Nas and Ghost has to be the artist that has lost most dope albums from their projects, every single one of their projects has incredible records left on the cutting room floor

Quote Originally Posted by Buddah_MAC View Post

That tentative tracklist might have just been compiling all the known song titles released to that point, but "Ghostbond" was definitely an early working title for "Apollo Kids." Same as the more obvious "Mighty Deadly" becoming "Mighty Healthy" by album release.
    ok sounds right... thanks a lot for that article!! wasnt there a thread recently asking about the producer LB Da Life Bringa who produced "Cradle Rock"? Meth says here he was an intern at Def Jam at the time

that article is where Meth confirms that "Party Crasher" is a RZA remix... the original version that True Master did was only rleased as an instrumental,

i brought forward the idea of re-creating it to the homie Rusty WU Chain though and he did an absolutely amazing job... for anyone who missed out on this this right here is GOLD:

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/KPe8Yj8w/file.html

I love the version of Party Crasher on the album, one the best songs on there. The original is ok, it sort of just plods along though.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

imo Tical 2000 is underrated by a lot of people. must be the bloated tracklist
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    I love the version of Party Crasher on the album, one the best songs on there. The original is ok, it sort of just plods along though.
    you know what, i agree with you 100% - it's great finally hearing the original as it was intended but the RZA remix on the LP is slamming

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    imo Tical 2000 is underrated by a lot of people. must be the bloated tracklist
    co-sign, i never got why people shit on that album.. it's a true banger, there's maybe two songs that's not that crazy.. i was reading that article Buddah_MAC posted and song after song on there is just amazing. need to revisit that ASAP

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I love Tical 2000:Judgement Day to death..