Thread: www.ghostfacekillah.com archive - files from Supreme Clientele era

Default www.ghostfacekillah.com archive - files from Supreme Clientele era

If someone is interested, here are some files that can be obtained from www.ghostfacekillah.com. Site was up around the release of Supreme Clientele.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Ghostface Killah Email Attachment is here!

Make your own miniature Wally!
    Just download this template and print it out. Cut and fold according to instructions, then do your own custom color job. (We suggest having it copied on to a thick paper or card stock before cutting and folding)
    download pdf
    https://web.archive.org/web/20001208.../260/wally.pdf

Videos

Unforunately the vids cannot be downloaded (https://web.archive.org/web/20000301...260/frame.html).
    Are these clips on Supreme Clientele VHS Tape (if someone can figure out from the titles)?

Photos (3 out of 9)

Biography

On February 8th, 2000, GHOSTFACE KILLAH returns to the hip-hop arena with his second Razor Sharp/Epic album SUPREME CLIENTELE, featuring the first single and video "APOLLO KIDS."

Not many artists can claim that their first album was a true classic, but such is the case for Ghostface Killah. Back in 1993, Ghost and his eight fellow Wu-Tang Clansman ignited a rap world enamored with the sounds of California g-funk. Unquestionably, the group's gritty debut, Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) brought the Clan national acclaim and changed the sound of hip-hop music forever.

But it took time for the masses to grasp the individual talents of some members of the group.With Method Man and Ol' Dirty Bastard paving the way for the success of individual projects, Ghost patiently waited his turn. It finally came when Raekwon The Chef invited him to co-star on his street epic, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (1995). Another bona fide classic, this record also clearly influenced the times--a fact that's not lost on Ghost:

"I changed my name to Tony Starks and he was Lex Diamonds. Now even today you still got other rappers coming with these other names," he declares. "We're trendsetters.You can bite all the f**k you want, but give respect to where it came from."

Full respect for Ghost's lyrical prowess, however, wouldn't be achieved fully until the release of his long-awaited solo LP, Iron Man (Epic/Razor Sharp, 1996). Quickly certified platinum, this captivating album featured wide ranging joints that touched listeners emotions from the adrenaline-rushing "Daytona 500" to the sentimental "All That I Got Is You." "To me, I think I'm the first rap nigga to ever make somebody cry off a record," he says. "A poet that can grab your emotions through music is important."

Take notice: Ghostface Killah is back. Coming off the success of his group's multi-platinum mega-blast, Wu-Tang Forever, and his captivating '98 appearances on Cappadonna's African Killer Bees Present The Pillage and RZA's Present The Swarm, Ghost is poised to deliver his second LP, Supreme Clientele. And he can't wait to jump back into rap's squared circle.

"It's like boxing," he explains. "You got niggas that ain't been in the ring for a minute that just can't wait to get up in there. I been wanting to let niggas know: 'Hey, don't forget about me.'"

With knockout power comes one of the album's most bone-crushing moments, "Cobra Clutch." This exhilarating selection targets the radio and its lack of support for one of the greatest groups in hip-hop history. "People are being programmed to the wack shit," he beams. "Sometimes I be hearing niggas' shit and might start humming some shit I didn't even like in the first place.

"It's easy to be led in the wrong direction rather than the right. These days, no one's being crea-tive and making original beats and rhymes. Instead you have to sample somebody else to get over. That's OK, though, we [Wu-Tang] got 4.5 million fans with no real radio play."

Even more of the masses should be converted when they hear Supreme Clientele's one-of-a-kind selections like the piano-tinged "The One"; the soulful narrative "Malcolm"; and the lyrically heavy "Mighty Healthy." "I want other MCs to recognize me when they speak," Ghost reveals. "I want them to say, 'Yo, that's that Wu nigga. He's one of them nine niggas, he's nasty.'"

Full of competitive fire, Ghost describes Supreme Clientele as a significant departure from Iron Man. Where the latter set featured much support from fellow Wu Gambinos, Rae and Cappadonna, Supreme Clientele features Ghostface Killah rhyming mostly by his own damn self. And with uber-trackmaster RZA hard at work on his own individual projects, this album's pro-duction has been passed on to a garden variety of underground beatmakers including the Beatnuts' Ju-Ju, his cousin/barber Mo, and former UMC member, Hasaan.

But don't get it twisted: The Clan is still united, and various members make cameo appear-ances. Broken up in separate collaborations, Ghost throws darts (rhymes) with GZA, Method Man, and Masta Killah; with Raekwon; and with RZA himself. And despite Ghost's devotion to his solo career, the love of his crew remains intact and foremost in his mind.

"My purpose is to let everyone know that W is a valuable piece. It's like if this was chess, the W would be a major piece on the board. I want niggas to know what the fuck I stand for, and that's to represent that W. I'm gonna play my part, but at the same time I want everyone to know who's the best in this shit."

Ghostface approved!

wow a miniature wally ...

really?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun85 View Post
    Ghostface approved!

dopest wu pic I've seen in a while
    Retired.

That's right before he dipped it in gold.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

hahaha
    Retired.

I really don't know what the hell SC 2 will sound like. there's no way he can recapture that sound. then again, he doesn't need to

"Unforunately the vids cannot be downloaded (https://web.archive.org/web/20000301...260/frame.html).
    Are these clips on Supreme Clientele VHS Tape (if someone can figure out from the titles)?"

snippets from the cobra clutch video & mighty healthy