Thread: Ol' Dirty Bastard - Reunited verse? (Track "Post Grammy Show")

Default Ol' Dirty Bastard - Reunited verse? (Track "Post Grammy Show")

I have found a track called "Post Grammy Show" (written on actual cover) or "Post Grammar Show" (written in online database, i.e. Discogs) that appears on (Funkmaster Flex presents) DJ EV - Big Dawg 2 mixtape. Track features ODB spitting over Reunited beat.

Listen to the track here:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/zsl0xp

Edit: This track definitely does not sound as a live recording/freestyle in my opinion, so I believe it might be of a "bigger importance".

Edit 2: If you like this track and whole tape, you can support the artist by buying digitally remastered version mp3 of the tape - http://www.djevmixtapes.com/product/bd02

Comments?
    Last edited by pyrex visionist; 09-30-2015 at 04:35 AM.

as we talked about before this is a really interesting find considering how few verses Dirty had on "Wu-Tang Forever" so to hear a different verse from him on the 'Reunited' beat is pretty crazy... i know i have heard the hook from ODB before but i think it might have been on that BS abum called "Trials & Tribulations" which i only heard one time

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    as we talked about before this is a really interesting find considering how few verses Dirty had on "Wu-Tang Forever" so to hear a different verse from him on the 'Reunited' beat is pretty crazy... i know i have heard the hook from ODB before but i think it might have been on that BS abum called "Trials & Tribulations" which i only heard one time
    Hook and verse are actually the same as on "Reunited" track off Trials and Tribulations.

Shaolin Master

it's a clip of the demo version of Reunited w/ GZA's verse edited out:

There's a non-J-Love tagged version out there somewhere but this is the only one I found on youtube as an example.

This has been around since 97-98. I always thought this was tossed on one of those European Reunited remix maxi-singles and that's how it got out but it's not on any Discogs has listed.

RZA said somewhere in the past that Reunited was originally supposed to just have RZA, GZA and ODB on it. So maybe Dirty did have an extra verse on there originally that got dropped when other verses got added.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a demo version, I've had an mp3 of this with the GZA verse for years. Didn't realise it wasn't so readily known about.

Peace!

Veteran Member

I remember this from back in the day. there was a version called reunited (odb/gza version) on napster or soulseek. Sounds like the edm versions that they put out but with og beat and odb verse. Rza with the you aint shit part

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    RZA said somewhere in the past that Reunited was originally supposed to just have RZA, GZA and ODB on it. !
    Glad they put Meth on it. IMO Meth was like another relative to Rza, Gza and Bza, this is futher compounded by the fact he is called Mza (No one but those 4 have that).

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

"When I Was Young I Was Taught How To Produce The Science Of Babies Getting Loose
    I Turned White Boys To Springsteen Bruce, Blacks To Spooks, Gave The Chinese Bruce"