View Poll Results: Do you enjoy your job?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like my job

5 71.43%
  • I want something better

1 14.29%
  • It's a paycheck and nothing else

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you enjoy your job?

{>____<}

Question Do you enjoy your job?

For the most part, I do. The job that I have now is something that I've always wanted to do (other than Vertebrate Paleontology, a field that I sort of have vast knowledge of but never pursued obtaining a Master's Degree). I enjoy the assignments I'm given daily (Winter's are harsh but I manage), my co-workers and managers are nice (including my boss), I travel in the state, and I make a decent living.

To me, working isn't just about a paycheck, it's personal development and growth. A job is very important but it has to be beyond that if you want to succeed in the company you work for.

-

I wish I had a full time job and I'm still looking for one. It's really sad that I'm 39 years old and I'm struggling to find a job and keep it. I've dealt with losing jobs before and that's why I wanna talk to a psychiatrist and find out what's wrong with me because I may have a learning disability. One of the symptoms of a learning disability is struggling with getting a job and keeping it. I may have to get government money some kind of way if I don't find a job by the end of the year because if I don't find one, I'm gonna have to get rid of my car because I don't have money for repairs. I don't wanna get rid of my car but I may have no choice if I can't get a job. I went to Maryland's social services for help to try to get government money and they act like they don't wanna help me. The black woman I talked to said I can only get food stamps because in order to get a welfare check, I gotta be disabled or have kids. I couldn't believe she told me that because I wouldn't be coming to them for money if I could get a job.

I did get a email answered yesterday from a cleaning company in Virginia and I was happy about that because the lady that does the hiring asked for my phone number and they got 2 job openings. One is part time and the other one is full time. So the receptionist I talked to, I asked her if they got a fax number so I can fax them my resume and she gave me their fax number. So I'm gonna fax them my resume on Monday and hopefully i'll get a phone call from the lady that does the hiring. I've also thought about looking for jobs in Cleveland but I don't believe the jobs there will answer my emails because I live in Maryland and they would wanna know how am I gonna come there for a interview.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

^^I hope you get that full time job that's on offer CJ
    Retired.

ironman, glad to see you like your job

as some of you may know I teach languages at a high school that specializes in kids with learning disabilities & emotional issues. I love my job. funny thing is that I like my job even more now that I'm forced to put in fewer hours (2/3 right now which will be down to 1/2 in a few years, due to physical health issues), it has allowed me not to think about the kids' problems that much anymore when I'm home from work. I used to worry about those kids' difficult lives all the time lol
    Retired.

edit
    Last edited by communist cunt; 06-06-2016 at 08:08 AM.
    "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish
    will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of
    History will sooner or later sweep it away
    without mercy."
    - Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

^^^

Didn't read it all, but that's a nice little set up you got goin there.

Now back to the serious stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by power to the people View Post
    "I got a shell for every dust head you run wit"

Damn 50 destroyed all of wu's whole career wit one line

Damn !

Quote Originally Posted by power to the people View Post
    Edit: Edited out the company's name so this doesn't get indexed. Fill in the blanks yourself.

I'm currently in university, and have had a pretty good job for a student for the past 3-4yrs.

I work from home and provide technical support at $22/hr. It's a unionized job so I've got good job security, receiving full medical, pharmaceutical and dental benefits. The company also has a really good share plan, so I put 4% of my paycheques into stocks, which the company matches. They give us an annual bonus of around $2k - $6k depending on how many hours you've worked and how the well company's doing. We also get two weeks of paid vacation and a "work life balance" wallet of $500/year, so if you've worked fewer hours or need extra money quick, you can add to it on your upcoming paycheques. When it's not busy, the company lets me program some tools for them, which is something I'm trying to transition into full-time. If everything works out, through the company's partnership with G****e, I'll be promoted to provide enterprise support for G****e's cloud services (I didn't get the promotion last time, but they were hiring only to replace one person, as opposed to a hiring pool). If I get that promo, I'll be quitting school and doing the G****e stuff full-time since it encompasses what I want to do with my CompSci degree.

What I do right now isn't any rockstar shit by any means, but it's better than most student gigs.
    yep sounds like a good gig
    Retired.

My job is dope. I want to be a program but all my experience is sales so i wanted to ease into an IT company from the sales end then learn from there. So far it's been working because they're having me do configuration, discoveries, and implementation for industrial ERP systems and CRM. I work for a Microsoft Dynamics subsidiary but we merged with a company that represents SAGE in houston (they're the pettier ones) and i've learned a lot.

I'm paid excellently, benefits are good, and I get to travel annually. They give me a lot of autonomy to be creative on the sales end so it's fun. I can work from home (though they get butt hurt when i do sometimes..idk, weird), and they don't care when you come in or leave so long as you get your job done. Coworkers are entertaining and nice.

0 complaints.

I don't necessarily enjoy what I do, its very corporate but the perks and stuff are great. I am a facilities manager at a big energy company, which means I overlook certain projects or company facilities like oil or gas fields etc etc. I work an various projects, so its not just focusing on one thing. So its a lot of meetings and travelling to random areas of the world checking up on how things are going at the facilities. So a lot of responsibility on my shoulders which means you gotta put up with a lot of shit, contractors fucking up, people in the office writing shit reports which I have to amend and a lot of other shit.

The perks are good. At the end of the day though the pay is really good and thats what keeps me at the company. I get a nice annual bonus which is capped at 70% of my wage which is insane, i get travel allowance, free flights, i stay in the best hotels, private healthcare, the company pays for my gym membership, I get tickets to Formula 1 and other motorsport races. Also when I go to deal with contractors they all treat me incredibly well. This is just about enough to keep me satisfied.

^^^

Nice

I can see how you could be in such a decent management position. Even on Wu Corp you come across as a stable dude.

Nice to see some Wu Corp members are doing well for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Nice to see some Wu Corp members are doing well for themselves.

I wish I had a full time job and I'm still looking for one.

Ahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJoned View Post
    I wanna talk to a psychiatrist
    Charles dude......I had a dream about you last night (No homo lol + Even though I don't know what you look like, it was you lol) and they had you locked up in a psychiatric ward and as I was leaving the doctors & nurses were about to do bad stuff to you. No lie !

Banned

I don't hate it or anything but it's hardly the most exciting thing going around doing IT repair. Repetitive work but I get decent money to essentially talk to co-workers all day. I'm too old to worry about a career but if I continue swimming decently above the average then I'm content.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I do voluntary work in animal care, love it!

I don't think a career is for everyone in this day and age. Employer/employee relations are so disposable now no matter who you are. We're seeing big names in houston guy 20 + year long staff because of the drop in oil prices, and oil and gas was billed as unbreakable not too long ago.

I think the best thing to do is prepare yourself for employ-ability, save your money and diversify your revenue streams. The idea of being at a single company forever isn't going to fly for as many people as it did in the past. Too many people are start off their working career with 40k+ of debt, and too much of the US economy has shrunk or been phased out. Even if you land in your dream career, you're still going to need something 'better' at all times, boomers aren't dying or retiring and the whole 'i'll stay here and climb the ladder' is over, and Gen Xers haven't even got their shot, not to talk of millennials.

-

Zooruka, what's funny about me being unemployed and looking for a job? I don't think it's funny for anybody to be without a job and no money. TSA, I agree with you about how jobs are now. Rev Jones, I called the cleaning company today a few minutes ago and I talked to the lady who does the hiring. I faxed them my resume. The lady I talked to said she got my resume and she's gonna call me this week and do a phone interview. Then she said next week I have to come to the office for a face to face interview.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.